UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 20 Questions

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/28/14 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PhoqueME
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a couple questions about this season that may or may not be answerable at this time but if anyone has answers post them here please.

Do we know the full roster?

Aside from the 11 Invicta fighters where are the others coming from?

How many contestants will there be for this season?

Since the tournament crowns a champion will the fights be exhibition fights or will they count for their records?

Will the Contract still be the same "six figure contract" or will it be revised for a champion?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions post them here. Thanks in advance.
3/1/14 12:42 AM
PhoqueME
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
Anyone know anything? Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:44 PM
PhoqueME

Ttt
Never got answers Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:51 PM
PUBLICnoose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for menstral rage monsters Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 8:16 PM
Chromium
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PhoqueME - I have a couple questions about this season that may or may not be answerable at this time but if anyone has answers post them here please.

Do we know the full roster?

Aside from the 11 Invicta fighters where are the others coming from?

How many contestants will there be for this season?

Since the tournament crowns a champion will the fights be exhibition fights or will they count for their records?

Will the Contract still be the same "six figure contract" or will it be revised for a champion?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions post them here. Thanks in advance.

1) No.

2) 5 fighters from open tryouts sometime in April (no word yet when, but almost certainly in Vegas). Jessica Penne is the most notable fighter to announce intentions to try out. Aisling Daly and Heather Jo Clark have too, although Daly is trying to raise money via Indiegogo(?) to actually travel to the tryouts because fighters don't have money. Since it's TUF, the requirements are English-speakers only so that eliminates all serious Japanese candidates except Mei Yamaguchi (who has indicated she's dropping to Atomweight). Jessica Aguilar is under contract to WSoF so she's out too (although this might put her in excellent position when her contract is up).

3) 16.

4) No one knows for sure but almost certainly they will be exhibition. With a mandate for each Finalist to win 3 fights in 6 weeks, the first two will be the same 2x5 + 5-minute tie-breaker and not normal-length fights.

5) No one knows. I'd wager the financial figures will be the same. They have no reason to change it. It won't bring in better people than they already have.

3/14/14 11:27 PM
Chromium
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EtownGGod - I know felice herrig got in, as well as tecia Torres, rose namajunas, Carla Esparza, a few others off invicta's roster. Phone Post 3.0

Carla Esparza (World #2), Claudia Gadelha (#3), Joanne Calderwood (#4), Tecia Torres (#6), Felice Herrig (#9), Bec Rawlings (#10), Rose Namajunas, Juliana Lima Carneiro, Paige VanZant, Alex Chambers, and Emily Kagan are the acquired fighters from Invicta.

The other five will be determined at tryouts. Not everyone is available, between contracts, injuries, and language requirements. In fact Ayaka Hamasaki (World #5) has all three working against her.

3/15/14 12:40 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#1 JAG isn't available either. Which is sad the way that happened. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 1:20 AM
elliotc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rawlings #10 - really? Who has she beat? Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 3:55 AM
Chromium

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - #1 JAG isn't available either. Which is sad the way that happened. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't want to harp on this, since I've talked about it at length before, and did mention she was unavailable in my first post in this thread, but Aguilar honestly may be in a better position because of her choice at the end of her WSoF contract.

Her contract is for three fights. She already has one down where she dominated Alida Gray in exactly the sort of performance Aguilar needed to legitimize her claim to being #1 in the world. All she has to do now is win her next two fights (next is probably Fujino, who's good but less of a threat than Gray) and she can probably come directly into the UFC in early 2015 and get an immediate title shot against the winner of the TUF 20 tournament. They're going to need challengers, and the fact is of the 16 people in the tournament, 15 will exit on losses. Yes, I know most everyone will get a chance to rebound at the Finale, but a fight between the winner and Aguilar is easily a superior option to facing the winner of a "third place" match between the losing semi-finalists, which is their only real option. Aguilar buys the UFC time to rebuild credible contenders while cementing their claim to owning the division.

She frankly has an easier path to a UFC title shot than the people in the TUF house.

elliotc - Rawlings #10 - really? Who has she beat? Phone Post 3.0

It's not who she beat, as her only halfway decent win was obliterating Jasminka Cive. It's the fact that on relatively short notice she put on a competitive match against World #2 Carla Esparza, and she was very competitive in her other recent loss against World #7 Mizuki Inoue. She's an extremely athletic little freight train with heart to spare. I don't think it's unfair to factor in competitive losses when they were to some of the very best Strawweights on the planet.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.