UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WOW Machida just opened @ +150, Chris -200

4/10/14 10:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zverrona
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Do you think machida is gonna put up enough pressure to impress or is he gonna sit back and watch the fight go by? Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 10:11 AM
Lasko
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zverrona - To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Do you think machida is gonna put up enough pressure to impress or is he gonna sit back and watch the fight go by? Phone Post 3.0
I think a former champion might know a thing or two about getting a belt. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 10:11 AM
Lazer MMA

Zverrona - To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Do you think machida is gonna put up enough pressure to impress or is he gonna sit back and watch the fight go by? Phone Post 3.0

read highlighted part of post above yours (or the threads 1st post) LOL. TY OP

4/10/14 10:57 AM
BW92

Don't do it guys. Regardless of what you might convince yourself of its amazing how quickly fans lose sight of the fact that this super hyped prospect just rattled off 2 straight wins over ANDERSON FUCKING SILVA and is clearly getting better every time

If Machida let Phil Davis and Rampage win decisions Weidman just has to not fuck up. Chris ain't Mousasi or Munoz and styles make fights

Think about it Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 11:00 AM
Chadderz
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe in Chris. Nobody can dominate the GOAT like that and not be a real threat to anyone else in the division. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 11:21 AM
Lazer MMA

Chadderz - I believe in Chris. Nobody can dominate the GOAT like that and not be a real threat to anyone else in the division. Phone Post 3.0

Great logical fight breakdown boss

4/10/14 11:24 AM
Lazer MMA

BW92 - Don't do it guys. Regardless of what you might convince yourself of its amazing how quickly fans lose sight of the fact that this super hyped prospect just rattled off 2 straight wins over ANDERSON FUCKING SILVA and is clearly getting better every time

If Machida let Phil Davis and Rampage win decisions Weidman just has to not fuck up. Chris ain't Mousasi or Munoz and styles make fights

Read above this is not MMA math, it's a fight. Not that the MMA math shown was very good anyway. I stated it figures to be a close decision but I think Machida has an advantage for reasons stated. The only thing left to do is rebut the reasoning in the 1st post.

4/10/14 11:49 AM
MachidaMachidaMachida
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AND NEW MW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!
Lyoto Machida Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 12:16 PM
Shoryuken Rw

Lazer MMA -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
gokudamus -

this is chris' most dangerous oppnent by far at 185 imo

Yeah. Silva was a paper champion. Gotta be kidding me Phone Post 3.0

He did not say that. Fights are about match up's not rankings

But I'll say it.

I've always thought Machida was better than Silva. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 12:38 PM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Shoryuken Rw -
Lazer MMA -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
gokudamus -

But I'll say it.

Pretty silly opinion based on actual accomplishments. I would shit my pants while MMAfapping if they fought though. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 12:47 PM
BW92

Lazer MMA -
BW92 - Don't do it guys. Regardless of what you might convince yourself of its amazing how quickly fans lose sight of the fact that this super hyped prospect just rattled off 2 straight wins over ANDERSON FUCKING SILVA and is clearly getting better every time

Read above this is not MMA math, it's a fight. Not that the MMA math shown was very good anyway. I stated it figures to be a close decision but I think Machida has an advantage for reasons stated. The only thing left to do is rebut the reasoning in the 1st post.

Half the point of the post is the style of fight, that's why I brought up Davis and Page. The reason this fight is hard to analyze is because we've only seen so much of Chris. I've seen tons of Machida and respect him as the #2 guy but I still think Chris beats him. Which is saying something because all we know about Chris' game is he's really good everywhere. For all we know he could clinch KO Machida in round one and be better than the few of us who actually give him credit think. He's already proven his composure and intelligence as a fighter, the only reason to favor Machida enough to actually place money on him is due to skepticism. You don't wanna lose money over skepticism...do you? Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 12:57 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/10/14 1:04 PM
BW92 - 
Lazer MMA -

Half the point of the post is the style of fight, that's why I brought up Davis and Page. The reason this fight is hard to analyze is because we've only seen so much of Chris. I've seen tons of Machida and respect him as the #2 guy but I still think Chris beats him. Which is saying something because all we know about Chris' game is he's really good everywhere. For all we know he could clinch KO Machida in round one and be better than the few of us who actually give him credit think. He's already proven his composure and intelligence as a fighter, the only reason to favor Machida enough to actually place money on him is due to skepticism. You don't wanna lose money over skepticism...do you? Phone Post 3.0

If he gets the clinch so fuckin what! Machida is hard as fuck to take down from the clinch (not that I think for a second that he'll get the clinch in Rd.1 anyway).

Want to talk about the fight with Page GREAT! 

1. In the first place Page was lucky as F that it did not take place under PRIDE rules as Rd 3 > Rd's 1 @ 2 combined.

2. Page was lucky as F that it was not a 5 round fight!

Finally many thought Machida beat Davis and see point "2" in reference to that fight also as it applies IMO.

Yea I'm going to wait as dumb is dumb and I think I'll get 2-1 still but I'm going to fire on Machida is what I'm thinking at this second. It has to do with my first post as to why. It's about Machida's style VS Weidman NOT "skepticism" of Chris.

4/10/14 1:04 PM
Dogman

John M - 

I don't gamble but if I did Machida @ +180 would be a bet I'd make.

4/10/14 1:21 PM
Lazer MMA

Just reread the thread. Chris' best chance per the thread is not to chase Machida. I don't see it.

4/10/14 1:21 PM
Chadderz
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Chadderz - I believe in Chris. Nobody can dominate the GOAT like that and not be a real threat to anyone else in the division. Phone Post 3.0

Well you're entitled to your opinion man, that's why they fight :p (: Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 1:26 PM
Hammerstein
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Shoryuken Rw -
Lazer MMA -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
gokudamus -

But I'll say it.

Pretty silly opinion based on actual accomplishments. I would shit my pants while MMAfapping if they fought though. Phone Post 3.0

The UG blumpkin?

4/10/14 1:38 PM
Lazer MMA

Chadderz - 
Lazer MMA -

Well you're entitled to your opinion man, that's why they fight :p (: Phone Post 3.0

Dude i'm waiting for someone to try to poke a hole in my first post. That was the point. This is a thinking mans thread, well it was supposed to be LOL.

4/10/14 1:50 PM
Chadderz

Lazer MMA -
Chadderz - 
Lazer MMA -

Dude i'm waiting for someone to try to poke a hole in my first post. That was the point. This is a thinking mans thread, well it was supposed to be LOL.

Oh well in that case, Chris is a fucking bad-ass and Rickson via armbar. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 1:57 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/10/14 1:57 PM
Wisdom100 - 
Lazer MMA - 

I guess I should just be taking care of business already but something is holding me back.  

Machida is very difficult to deal with when he chooses to always move away and wait for his opponent to come forward and then he just strikes quickly at the moment of his choice and then moves swiftly away again from the area where he counters (unless his opponent is hurt). 

I think Chris is in trouble here and if Machida can hit and run (and run and run and run and run & hit..............) without the passivity rule being called against him,  I'm guessing it's Machida's fight to lose. Machida is VERY tough to take down or to get a hold of even.

Fights came down to close decisions in Machida VS Page and Hendo, but IMO he has a clear edge in such a fight VS Weidman and I think it's the fight he intends to fight.

Totally spot on.. Man machida is tricky as fuck

I think it's just fighting smart really. He got stopped trying to trade and coming in prior (at least he got caught which set up the stoppage VS JBJ). Not a wise move VS Weidman, trying to do those things IMO. 

4/10/14 4:20 PM
gorillagrappling

Lazer MMA -
gorillagrappling - I'll explain how you take down Macheetah and beat him up. You be just as boring as he is. You play his game. Back away, run and hide. When he is forced to chase is when he is vulnerable to be taken down. His opponents have had limited success because the chase him. Well, guess what? He's not the champion. If he wants to be, he must go get the champion. If Weidman's camp is smart they will not chase Macheetah. They will force him to engage which is taking him way out of his element. Phone Post 3.0

You think Machida will be easy to TD? Why do you think Weidman will get a hold of Machida and take him down? How do you expect that to happen exactly

I think you misread. I don't think anything "will" happen, in particular. And yes, I think Weidman is highly capable of taking anyone down. Can he take Macheetah down if Macheetah is backing up, being chased? No!!! That's why I said what I said. You think KOs and Fotch are easy to takedown? Hell no, but gsp made them look foolish. Not because he's a better wrestler... But he takes guys down when they are committing to striking him while moving forward. He couldn't go takedowns with Fitch or Kos and win 1/10. But MMA isn't a takedown tournament. If Weidman doesn't run Macheetah down, and Macheetah is forced to press, Weidman can certainly take him down with ease. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 4:27 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/28/14 11:38 AM

Again the opinion is offered that only posible solution (chance for Weidman) is not to chase Machida. This could well be true

4/10/14 4:46 PM
EddiePain420

hmmm, weidman with just having surgery on both his knees vs a guy who will run circles around him all night.

money on machida, fight too close not to take that kind of bet for that kind of money.
4/10/14 4:54 PM
BW92

Lazer MMA -

Again the opinion is offered that only posible solution (chance for Weidman) is not chase Machida. This could well be true

I just told you Chris manages to be the favorite and we still haven't seen a lot of his arsenal. He's said to have a vicious clinch game which he briefly showed rocking Silva immediately after he grabbed him. Said he could KO Machida in clinch. You said so what if they clinch, Machida isn't getting taken down. You missed point Phone Post 3.0
4/10/14 4:59 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/10/14 5:07 PM
BW92 - 
Lazer MMA -

Again the opinion is offered that only posible solution (chance for Weidman) is not chase Machida. This could well be true

I just told you Chris manages to be the favorite and we still haven't seen a lot of his arsenal. He's said to have a vicious clinch game which he briefly showed rocking Silva immediately after he grabbed him. Said he could KO Machida in clinch. You said so what if they clinch, Machida isn't getting taken down. You missed point Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, yea I don't see chris' dirty boxing in the clinch KO'ing Machida. Machida is a VERY GOOD clinch fighter. You know because his background in Sumo. I should have been more clear by explaining while dismissing that thought. Very tough to even keep the clinch on him too TBH. Anything is possible, I just don't see it TBH.

4/10/14 5:13 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kubla khan -
Lazer MMA -

I guess I should just be taking care of business already but something is holding me back.  

Machida is very difficult to deal with when he chooses to always move away and wait for his opponent to come forward and then he just strikes quickly at the moment of his choice and then moves swiftly away again from the area where he counters (unless his opponent is hurt). 

I think Chris is in trouble here and if Machida can hit and run (and run and run and run and run & hit..............) without the passivity rule being called against him,  I'm guessing it's Machida's fight to lose. Machida is VERY tough to take down or to get a hold of even.

Fights came down to close decisions in Machida VS Page and Hendo, but IMO he has a clear edge in such a fight VS Weidman and I think it's the fight he intends to fight.

Weidman fighting page and Hendo would not be a close decision.
That being said weidman vs machida is a very good fight but I still believe weidman has a slight edge. Phone Post 3.0
I always wondered why people say things like this...

How can we predict how he would do against Machidas opponents at a weight he has never fought at? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.