UnderGround Forums >> WOW Machida just opened @ +150, Chris -200

4/10/14 5:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
Kubla khan -
Lazer MMA -

I guess I should just be taking care of business already but something is holding me back.  

Machida is very difficult to deal with when he chooses to always move away and wait for his opponent to come forward and then he just strikes quickly at the moment of his choice and then moves swiftly away again from the area where he counters (unless his opponent is hurt). 

I think Chris is in trouble here and if Machida can hit and run (and run and run and run and run & hit..............) without the passivity rule being called against him,  I'm guessing it's Machida's fight to lose. Machida is VERY tough to take down or to get a hold of even.

Fights came down to close decisions in Machida VS Page and Hendo, but IMO he has a clear edge in such a fight VS Weidman and I think it's the fight he intends to fight.

Weidman fighting page and Hendo would not be a close decision.
That being said weidman vs machida is a very good fight but I still believe weidman has a slight edge. Phone Post 3.0
I always wondered why people say things like this...

How can we predict how he would do against Machidas opponents at a weight he has never fought at? Phone Post 3.0

That's a fair point but the MMA math makes it a MUCH worse post anyway. It fuckin makes no difference how those fights would have went (Weidman) VS Page & Hendo AT ALL when looking at Machida VS Weidman. LOL

4/28/14 11:36 AM
Lazer MMA

+175  -235  Updated

4/28/14 11:46 AM
Lazer MMA

BW92 - 
Lazer MMA -

Again the opinion is offered that only posible solution (chance for Weidman) is not chase Machida. This could well be true

I just told you Chris manages to be the favorite and we still haven't seen a lot of his arsenal. He's said to have a vicious clinch game which he briefly showed rocking Silva immediately after he grabbed him. Said he could KO Machida in clinch. You said so what if they clinch, Machida isn't getting taken down. You missed point Phone Post 3.0

I missed this post. Chris being the favorite is an independent variable from the fight itself, it just shows how the public is betting the fight at this point. 

Yea again Machida Sumo IMO is both good enough to avoid TD's from the clinch and avoid damage in the clinch too, sorry I missed that. He's hard as hell to get a hold of even, never mind keep a hold of trying to damage. What you say is possible but I don't see it.

4/28/14 1:34 PM
Mr Spliff

Ya, $100 on lyoto in case the lines get closer. Thx for the ttt Lazer Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 2:15 PM
magnus1993

Machida has looked great at 185..very fast.Machida by laser beam left straight, high kick combo!
4/28/14 2:52 PM
Lazer MMA

Mr Spliff - Ya, $100 on lyoto in case the lines get closer. Thx for the ttt Lazer Phone Post 3.0

NP

I myself have not rebet the fight yet (since the date change). I think it may not move against Machida.

4/28/14 2:55 PM
andyman011

WARRIOR POET -
gokudamus - 

this is chris' most dangerous oppnent by far at 185 imo

lol, what crack are you smoking?

Anderson silva was the GOAT when weidman dominated him twice

machida can't even handle phil fuckign davis

lol.

Maybe not the most dangerous, but he's definitely not somebody to overlook because he lost to Phil Davis.

Machida is a scary man Phone Post
4/28/14 3:04 PM
letsdodis
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Gonna have to place a bet on this one. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 3:18 PM
teamquestnorth
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got machida winning a decision and frustrating weidman with his superior speed and ability to get in and out with his strikes. Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 3:43 PM
Lazer MMA

Yea TQN 1st post kind of says that, just more detail was added

4/28/14 3:54 PM
teamquestnorth
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -

Do u think the lines will favor machida more as the fight gets closer? Or is +200 about the best its going to get? Phone Post 3.0
4/28/14 3:59 PM
VinegarStrokes
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How on earth do people not realize the odds makers set the odds for a reason. It's to get the money moving. To much money comin in on one side moves the line. The odds makers are trying to get you to bet Machida. So THEY make money.

4/28/14 5:22 PM
comeonman1
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VinegarStrokes - 

How on earth do people not realize the odds makers set the odds for a reason. It's to get the money moving. To much money comin in on one side moves the line. The odds makers are trying to get you to bet Machida. So THEY make money.

You're completely right with why they do this BUT I think Machida is going to beat Weidman. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a long time, I just hope Weidman is healthy enough and that the fight will happen

4/28/14 5:44 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/28/14 5:55 PM
comeonman1 - 
VinegarStrokes - 

You're completely right with why they do this BUT I think Machida is going to beat Weidman. Haven't been this excited for a fight in a long time, I just hope Weidman is healthy enough and that the fight will happen

No he has no clue at all in fact. LMFAO at "get moving" Want to watch me move? Give me +500 and I'll lay down a pile big enough to pay off a small mortgage. LMFAO at odds makers "wanting you to bet" one way or another. WTF do posters post so F'in stupid? They do set the odds to make money for the house 'in the middle' yes but this too is moot a F in this thread.

As you point out this thread is about who will most likely win & if the betting odds refelect that or no (over lay).

4/28/14 5:50 PM
Lazer MMA

teamquestnorth - 
Lazer MMA -

Do u think the lines will favor machida more as the fight gets closer? Or is +200 about the best its going to get? Phone Post 3.0

If I had to guess I'd say the odds on Machida get smaller. But WTF knows?

The last time I saw something like this there was a HUGE move in the line towards Shogun (over Sonnen), biggest move I ever saw of an MMA line late, only to see Sonnen win LOL.

4/28/14 5:55 PM
Let me bang bro

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
Calavaro - 

I'd bet Machida at +180. That's some good odds right there.

If you want to lose money it is, I think Chris wins this one rather easily.

thtis

lazer, put your money where yourr mouth is and pick Machida in the suicide tourament when we get tethere

4/28/14 6:05 PM
Lazer MMA

Let me bang bro - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
Calavaro - 

I'd bet Machida at +180. That's some good odds right there.

If you want to lose money it is, I think Chris wins this one rather easily.

thtis

lazer, put your money where yourr mouth is and pick Machida in the suicide tourament when we get tethere

Win 2 Team Parlay
          Win 4/26/14 10:30pm  UFC Fighting  1302 Jim Miller -220* vs Yancy Medeiros
          Win 4/26/14 9:30pm  UFC Fighting  1502 Joseph Benavidez -425* vs Tim Elliott

I put my money where my money. I posted an 8-1 parlay (iirc) winning in the thread and this one (my picks) was 4:5. That's like fuckin stealing IMO.

If Machida is one of the two best picks, I'll pick him. I bet him prior but it was cancelled.
4/28/14 6:11 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/28/14 6:11 PM

BTW don't you think it's bitchy not to thank me for the blue LMBB?

4/29/14 3:17 AM
SpliffFranklin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love machida and I think I'll put some money on him, but something about Weidman tells me he's legit as fuck and is gonna bust up that division for a little while longer Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 3:47 AM
teamquestnorth

Lazer MMA -

I hooked him up with the blue Phone Post 3.0
4/29/14 4:40 AM
Lazer MMA

teamquestnorth - 
Lazer MMA -

I hooked him up with the blue Phone Post 3.0

Wat? WTF did u do that? I wrote a thread and Kirik agreeed. LMFAO

4/29/14 4:41 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/29/14 4:44 AM
SpliffFranklin - I love machida and I think I'll put some money on him, but something about Weidman tells me he's legit as fuck and is gonna bust up that division for a little while longer Phone Post 3.0

Yea that's the feeling I spoke about in the 1st post. Damn

4/29/14 12:52 PM
Lazer MMA

CapnKindBud - Chris will beat him. He has a great chin and will put Lyoto in all kinds of trouble. Phone Post 3.0

How will he do that?

4/30/14 1:18 AM
MachidaMachidaMachida
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy win for Machida,
A wrestler recovering from double knee surgery=
And New UFC ....mw Champion of the world
Lyyyyyyyoto the Dragon!, MaaaaaaaaaChiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
(Crowd goes wild!)
Joe Rogan
"Welcome Back, to the Machida Era ladies and gentle men". Phone Post 3.0
4/30/14 1:46 AM
buckanater

Well let's see how Weidman is after the surgery. Lyoto is awesome at middleweight. People look at his fights against those huge guys at LHW as a measuring stick. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.