UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva starting to roll on surgically-repaired leg

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/2/14 8:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It was roughly eight weeks ago that Anderson Silva broke his leg at UFC 168 when Chris Weidman checked a hard inside leg kick. Last week Silva posted a video of himself walking unassisted without crutches, and his manager Ed Soares posted this video of Silva doing a light pad work out. His progress has been remarkably fast and today he posted another video, this time of him starting to grapple:

Silva has himself said that he would like to return to the UFC as soon as possible and this weekend UFC President Dana White said a 2104 return for the former champion is definitely possible.

3/2/14 8:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kostakio
919 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor dude. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 8:49 PM
hendofanforlife
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not waiting 90 years, even for spider.

3/2/14 9:01 PM
donkey guard
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe do a spider / leben rematch to warm him up Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:08 PM
Mario Luigi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no fighter has ever started training so quickly after such a devastating and complete shin break. no other fighter has mentally snapped back this quickly either.

that is why he is the GOAT, ladies and gentlemen. make no fuckin mistake about it. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:26 PM
FingerorMoon
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TampabayMMA - No UFC champion has ever come back to regain their title after a knee destruction shin break. Anderson will never throw full power strikes without years and years of heavy active psychotherapy.

Who are these other UFC champions that have tried and failed?
3/2/14 9:27 PM
jonnyjitsu uktt
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a huge anderson fan but fuck me, that dude is determined to get back.
Good on him I say. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:35 PM
BJ Penn is Irish
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rushing it is not smart. Although I am assuming the rolling they are talking about is him slowly going over moves, not live grappling. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:37 PM
iGnarly
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my god this 2104 return
3/2/14 9:44 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

His left foot looks significantly more ashy than the right one.
3/2/14 9:47 PM
ShaqNoob
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's there for working, that's it. That's it guys.
3/2/14 9:53 PM
Steven McTowelie
942 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife -

I'm not waiting 90 years, even for spider.

I likely won't be around :( Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:53 PM
Bruham
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it a dick move to attack that leg when he comes back? It just feels like he's rushing it. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 9:57 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
931 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruham - Is it a dick move to attack that leg when he comes back? It just feels like he's rushing it. Phone Post 3.0
Fight is the fight. Ees normal. Thassit! Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 10:07 PM
bigelz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon -
TampabayMMA - No UFC champion has ever come back to regain their title after a knee destruction shin break. Anderson will never throw full power strikes without years and years of heavy active psychotherapy.

Who are these other UFC champions that have tried and failed?
Frank Mir sustained far worse injuries in his motorbike incident and came back to win an interim belt. So it is very possible. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 10:17 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fully support Silva with whatever he wants to do. So far his progression is pretty amazing and he's showing incredible heart in persevering.

I've been sick all my life, I know how to deal with health issues, it's my reality. It can be different for an otherwise healthy person.

I've personally seen a lot of people break down after having health issues, something as benign as hemoroids can freak out a lot of people. When you've lived all your life healthy and you get sick/injured, it can really fuck with your mind.

Props to Silva, a true warrior.
3/2/14 10:18 PM
buvaiser

hopefully not the extra rubber guard with his leg
3/2/14 10:29 PM
VinegarStrokes
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn is Irish - Rushing it is not smart. Although I am assuming the rolling they are talking about is him slowly going over moves, not live grappling. Phone Post 3.0
Ya pushing it is a bad idea. If he comes back to early he may end any chance at a full comeback. Especially given his age, but never count out Silva. Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 10:58 PM
D241
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is AMAZING ME AGAIN. Without even fighting.

His attitude is so fucking admirable. Even if he comes back and loses, the mental toughness it takes to bounce back from something like that. I simply cannot understand it, but I can admire the fuck out of it.

He truly believes he can come back and be the best. If you're going to do that, that's the mindset you have to have. I'ma still ride 4 him

3/2/14 11:03 PM
Morgz
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for the 2104 return! Way to go UG news Phone Post 3.0
3/2/14 11:21 PM
D241
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I agree that more emphasis should be put on all around ability and skill plus many other aspects, Mario Luigi's bring up does have merit.

Anderson Silva lost twice in a row to a younger guy, 2nd time having his leg snapped in half. Instead of bowing out, he used his championship will and warrior spirit to immediately start rehabbing to immediately start training.

A younger GSP just got tested for the first time in a while, having 3 unconvincing wins against Shields, Diaz, and Hendricks, is deciding to retire.

Anderson has been on top just as long if not longer than GSP, and is seemingly more determined than ever to fight, and avenge his last fight. That's something at least worthy of noting in my opinion.

Regardless, Fedor > Anderson and GSP

3/3/14 12:11 AM
KneeToFaceKO

Good on him. Phone Post
3/3/14 12:19 AM
stonepony

Thank you Dana White for immediately getting Anderson to the best possible doctor available. Something we have seen happen over and over and over.

I'll probably get voted down for that, but, whatever.
3/3/14 11:46 AM
stonepony

His leg will be stronger than it ever was before it broke/healed. But you're right. It's got to make a fighter gun shy. Hell, that break will probably effect Lyoto's plan of attack against CW.
3/3/14 12:55 PM
StevetheWeasel
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO.

I'm glad to hear he'll be back, but I have to admit 90 years is a long time to wait. Better not to rush it, though, I suppose.

What do you suppose a Pay-per-view event is going to cost by then?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.