UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Feed Kim Dong Hyeon to the Lions

3/3/14 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
5 o clock shadow
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I followed Kim Dong Hyeon since he fought my teammates in Spirit MC from 2005. I cheered for him when he went on to fight in Japan. I protested when he was robbed against Hasegawa. I followed him closely in the UFC, watching him slowly mature, and grow. I jumped out of my seat when he KOed Erik Silva.

I was a big Kim Dong Hyeon fan until this last UFC.

Kim spent the fight show boating, taunting Hathaway, and waving to his girlfriend in between rounds (while ignoring his cornerman). Kim also seemed convinced that he's the next Junior Dos Santos because he KOed Silva. Unfortunately he looks more like the next Spiritwolf (no disrespect to Spiritwolf). Kim must have spun for that backfist 5 or 6 times, not even coming remotely close to connecting until the KO. Kim kept his hands low, swinging from the hips and lunging at Hathaway. When he missed he was completely out of position. He go lucky with the KO, and afterwards he continued his idiot routine by running out of the ring to hug his girlfriend.

UFC, please feed Kim to the lions. I'll be happy to see Kim counting the lights as his girlfriend cries in the audience. Hopefully they'll match him up with an aggressive technical striker. Unfortunately Daley isn't in the UFC anymore. Lawler, Woodley,and Lombard are tied up with up coming matches.

Who should the UFC feed Kim to?

fos
3/3/14 12:03 AM
Pella
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Is his GF your ex? You sound mad bro. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 12:16 AM
da Vinci 81
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonderboy? Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 12:21 AM
slowdiver
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh he mad son :-\

But kinda right too. Phone Post
3/3/14 12:31 AM
Brabatross
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are you talking about? When was he showboating?
3/3/14 12:32 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont think they still existhttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/dcbooks/Lions_cut_at_waist.gif

3/3/14 12:36 AM
MartialArtsMixed
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said in the press conference that she was his close friend that's like an older sister. She came from the states with her son to watch Kim fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 12:51 AM
Wasa-B
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting. So 50C, what do u think his chances are at the lion tier?
3/3/14 12:52 AM
JoeMimic
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

i dont think they still existhttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/dcbooks/Lions_cut_at_waist.gif

Ahhhh Big Country and Bam Bam Healy! Old school. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 12:52 AM
5 o clock shadow
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim was standing and wanging the whole fight, pounding his chest, waving Hathaway on after getting hit by him, verbally taunting Hathawy, and throwing haymakers from his hips with almost no set up. In between rounds, he hammed it up to the audience, pumping his fist and turning his back on his cornerman's advice to wave to this "older woman."

Kim = a disgrace to the race.

fos
3/3/14 12:58 AM
jagen

Maybe he wants to be in an exciting fight, he was given the opportunity to headline a card, he doesn't want to stink it up and have the UFC think twice before giving him the spotlight again. Certainly not the most technical strikes thrown at times, but it makes for an entertaining fight.

Taunting an opponent happens quite regularly in the octagon and it's apart of some fighters 'strategy'. A lot of guys who want to keep the fight standing will 'egg' on there opponent to get into a brawl etc etc...Diaz brothers come to mind, Dan Hardy use to do it all the time as well.

If you rewatch the first minute and half or so of the fight you can tell Dong blew most of his gas tank early on when he thought he had Hathaway hurt. Call the KO luck all you want, Hathaway tried to take the fight to the ground and failed several times.
3/3/14 12:58 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 o clock shadow - Kim was standing and wanging the whole fight, pounding his chest, waving Hathaway on after getting hit by him, verbally taunting Hathawy, and throwing haymakers from his hips with almost no set up. In between rounds, he hammed it up to the audience, pumping his fist and turning his back on his cornerman's advice to wave to this "older woman."

fos
...and he won by vicious KO Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 1:21 AM
madmav

rematch with nate
3/3/14 1:46 AM
MartialArtsMixed
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just rematches the fight, he told her to please be quiet Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 2:12 AM
NAGA_JIM

Damn op is angry. Dong was presented with the type of opportunity every mma fighter dreams of and trains for every day. He took full advantage and put on a helluva performance with a vicious spinning back elbow ko as an excalamation point. The ufc has been waiting for an asian fighter to step up and do what he did. That performance will literally be his segway to superstardom and riches. I for one am happy for him and have absolutely no qualms with hime being happy for himself. Whiny bitches like op just love to pull out this bullshit poor sportsmanship argument whenever it suits them when they infact have probably never competed and have no idea what its like to have that type of pure adrenaline coursing through there veins when the moment comes where all their hard work and dedication and sacrifices finally pay off. You sir are a whiny bitch. Vtfd Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 2:13 AM
Attdude
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of Butthurt in this thread.

Were you not fucking entertained you monkeys?!
3/3/14 2:20 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

ranier wolfcastle -

Stacked team. John Gunderson, Dan Molina, Pat Healy, Vernon Whit, Roy Nelson. With the exception of Molina, all those guys have done well for themselves. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 2:52 AM
Pella
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 o clock shadow - Kim was standing and wanging the whole fight, pounding his chest, waving Hathaway on after getting hit by him, verbally taunting Hathawy, and throwing haymakers from his hips with almost no set up. In between rounds, he hammed it up to the audience, pumping his fist and turning his back on his cornerman's advice to wave to this "older woman."

fos
Really OP? Come on. Tell us the story. You know that woman? Disgrace to his race? For what? You had to go there. Theres enough bullshit racial drama in this world without you having to point it out faggot. Your a douche. 01er? You should fucking know better. Your a disgrace to this forum with your biased drama. I bet you dont come back to the topic you created. If u lurk, let us know the real problem you have with this dude. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 3:22 AM
LondonMauler

No way at all does Kim deserve a title shot.

I think Kim Vs Maia next is the likely match-up. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 4:34 AM
thefunkyfreshFIEND
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAGA_JIM - Damn op is angry. Dong was presented with the type of opportunity every mma fighter dreams of and trains for every day. He took full advantage and put on a helluva performance with a vicious spinning back elbow ko as an excalamation point. The ufc has been waiting for an asian fighter to step up and do what he did. That performance will literally be his segway to superstardom and riches. I for one am happy for him and have absolutely no qualms with hime being happy for himself. Whiny bitches like op just love to pull out this bullshit poor sportsmanship argument whenever it suits them when they infact have probably never competed and have no idea what its like to have that type of pure adrenaline coursing through there veins when the moment comes where all their hard work and dedication and sacrifices finally pay off. You sir are a whiny bitch. Vtfd Phone Post 3.0
+1 Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 4:47 AM
GenghisKwan

GTFO Phone Post
3/3/14 5:08 AM
MMAtador

MartialArtsMixed - I just rematches the fight, he told her to please be quiet Phone Post 3.0
YES he did, she was jumping around screaming during the fight. Wen he took a seat on the stool he put his finger to his mouth telling her to shut the fuck up lol.

Any of this was hardly showboating. Also anytime someone takes a good shot to show there manhood they either laugh or tell the other guy to bring it. Had Hathaway came at him when he was asking for it he might have won the fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 5:58 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Nick Diaz would bust his shit up and smash him. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 7:38 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think gunnar nelson and Kim will be matched up, that's if he wins. I think Kim vs nelson would be a bloody good entertaining fight! Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 7:39 AM
TheHebrewHammer
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LondonMauler - No way at all does Kim deserve a title shot.

I think Kim Vs Maia next is the likely match-up. Phone Post 3.0
Maia beat Kim not long ago. I think pairing him with Wonderboy or Gunnar Nelson if he wins in his next match is more logical Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.