UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Feed Kim Dong Hyeon to the Lions

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/3/14 6:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
boomtown
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pics of the said MILF?
3/3/14 6:47 PM
5 o clock shadow
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Spam it 'til you land it," doesn't make you look exciting. It makes you look like a talentless amateur. Is everyone saying it's okay to "stand and wang," as long as you get a KO? At the end of the first round, even Florian made an exasperated comment that Kim wasn't setting up his spinning techniques at all.

Kim put on a gritty performance against Silva, eventually KOing him, but lets not have any illusions about the complexion of that fight until the KO: Silva was outclassing Kim on his feet.

Perhaps the beer-swilling "let me bang bro" demographic can only remember Kim's KO of Hathway, but the rest of the fight was ugly. I don't remember everyone coming to the defense of Gonzaga after his KO of Jordon. Sure it was a spectacular superman punch KO, but only after 14 minutes and 39 seconds of abyssmal standup.

Kim is plenty entertaining with his grappling. His match versus Bazaharduza was a showcase of takedowns, positional dominance, ground and pound, and submission attempts.

"Stand and wang," is annoying to watch, but Kim makes it egregious with his showboating. The difference between Diaz and Kim are that Diaz (either one) bait their opponent's offense and throw strategic counter's. Another difference is that the Diaz brothers do it because they are so into the fight. Kim looked like he just wanted to show the fine ladies in Macau that he was the man -he even wasted precious time between rounds to act a fool for one of the ladies in the audience.

In summary, Kim's performance was disgraceful. Many of his countrymen and women, not blinded by nationalism, cringed at his performance and antics. As a consequence Kim should be fed to the lions. Gunnar Nelson was suggested, but he's been tapped for another fight soon, plus Kim should be given an opponent who will punish him for his standup transgressions.

fos
3/3/14 6:54 PM
5 o clock shadow
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thefunkyfreshFIEND - 
NAGA_JIM - Damn op is angry. Dong was presented with the type of opportunity every mma fighter dreams of and trains for every day. He took full advantage and put on a helluva performance with a vicious spinning back elbow ko as an excalamation point. The ufc has been waiting for an asian fighter to step up and do what he did. That performance will literally be his segway to superstardom and riches. I for one am happy for him and have absolutely no qualms with hime being happy for himself. Whiny bitches like op just love to pull out this bullshit poor sportsmanship argument whenever it suits them when they infact have probably never competed and have no idea what its like to have that type of pure adrenaline coursing through there veins when the moment comes where all their hard work and dedication and sacrifices finally pay off. You sir are a whiny bitch. Vtfd Phone Post 3.0
+1 Phone Post 3.0

Wow Naga Jim, you must have competed in a real cage fight and know what its like. Since I have no idea what it is like to have "pure adrenaline coursing through my veins the moment where all of my hard work and dedication pay off" please enlighten me. Specifically, please tell me how this will turn me into an idiot. I'd like to avoid such an outcome at all costs.

fos
3/3/14 7:01 PM
5 o clock shadow

Pella - 
5 o clock shadow - Kim was standing and wanging the whole fight, pounding his chest, waving Hathaway on after getting hit by him, verbally taunting Hathawy, and throwing haymakers from his hips with almost no set up. In between rounds, he hammed it up to the audience, pumping his fist and turning his back on his cornerman's advice to wave to this "older woman."

Kim = a disgrace to the race.

fos
Really OP? Come on. Tell us the story. You know that woman? Disgrace to his race? For what? You had to go there. Theres enough bullshit racial drama in this world without you having to point it out faggot. Your a douche. 01er? You should fucking know better. Your a disgrace to this forum with your biased drama. I bet you dont come back to the topic you created. If u lurk, let us know the real problem you have with this dude. Phone Post 3.0

You can read MartialArtsMixed post to get the same information I got off of daum.net. He said that an older female friend came to Macau to see him fight, and that's who he was hamming it up to.

You can also read my complaints about Kim throughout the thread. They are not complex and pretty translucent.

Thank you for using homophobic hate speech to make your point about the need for racial harmony. Everything makes sense now.

fos
3/3/14 7:05 PM
boomtown
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 o clock shadow - "Spam it 'til you land it," doesn't make you look exciting. It makes you look like a talentless amateur. Is everyone saying it's okay to "stand and wang," as long as you get a KO? At the end of the first round, even Florian made an exasperated comment that Kim wasn't setting up his spinning techniques at all.

Kim put on a gritty performance against Silva, eventually KOing him, but lets not have any illusions about the complexion of that fight until the KO: Silva was outclassing Kim on his feet.

Perhaps the beer-swilling "let me bang bro" demographic can only remember Kim's KO of Hathway, but the rest of the fight was ugly. I don't remember everyone coming to the defense of Gonzaga after his KO of Jordon. Sure it was a spectacular superman punch KO, but only after 14 minutes and 39 seconds of abyssmal standup.

Kim is plenty entertaining with his grappling. His match versus Bazaharduza was a showcase of takedowns, positional dominance, ground and pound, and submission attempts.

"Stand and wang," is annoying to watch, but Kim makes it egregious with his showboating. The difference between Diaz and Kim are that Diaz (either one) bait their opponent's offense and throw strategic counter's. Another difference is that the Diaz brothers do it because they are so into the fight. Kim looked like he just wanted to show the fine ladies in Macau that he was the man -he even wasted precious time between rounds to act a fool for one of the ladies in the audience.

In summary, Kim's performance was disgraceful. Many of his countrymen and women, not blinded by nationalism, cringed at his performance and antics. As a consequence Kim should be fed to the lions. Gunnar Nelson was suggested, but he's been tapped for another fight soon, plus Kim should be given an opponent who will punish him for his standup transgressions.

fos

^ I don't agree with your assessment at all.

He's added wrestling to grappling and became better at ground. He's been trying to get better at stand up and it shows he's got some power now. What's wrong with becoming more well rounded? It looked to me like he's trying to develop his weaker area by not relying on his strengths all the time.

As far as showboating goes, I'm not a fan of it but after Okami got the axe, I don't blame DHK for mixing up his game and drawing a little attention to himself. If and when he does get a title shot, you think he's going to abandon his roots? I highly doubt it.
3/3/14 7:11 PM
MartialArtsMixed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 o clock shadow -
Pella - 
5 o clock shadow - Kim was standing and wanging the whole fight, pounding his chest, waving Hathaway on after getting hit by him, verbally taunting Hathawy, and throwing haymakers from his hips with almost no set up. In between rounds, he hammed it up to the audience, pumping his fist and turning his back on his cornerman's advice to wave to this "older woman."

fos
Really OP? Come on. Tell us the story. You know that woman? Disgrace to his race? For what? You had to go there. Theres enough bullshit racial drama in this world without you having to point it out faggot. Your a douche. 01er? You should fucking know better. Your a disgrace to this forum with your biased drama. I bet you dont come back to the topic you created. If u lurk, let us know the real problem you have with this dude. Phone Post 3.0

You can read MartialArtsMixed post to get the same information I got off of daum.net. He said that an older female friend came to Macau to see him fight, and that's who he was hamming it up to.

You can also read my complaints about Kim throughout the thread. They are not complex and pretty translucent.

Thank you for using homophobic hate speech to make your point about the need for racial harmony. Everything makes sense now.

fos
I also stated that he told her to please be quiet so he can focus on the fight Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 7:18 PM
5 o clock shadow

MartialArtsMixed - 
5 o clock shadow -
Pella - 

fos

fos
I also stated that he told her to please be quiet so he can focus on the fight Phone Post 3.0

Kim Dong Hyeon began his career fighting in Seoul. I highly doubt that he has trouble concentrating on his fighting because one fan in an arena of thousands is yelling in his native language.

Also, don't buy that bridge that they are selling in Brooklyn.

IT'S A SCAM!

fos
3/3/14 7:29 PM
5 o clock shadow

boomtown - 
5 o clock shadow - "Spam it 'til you land it," doesn't make you look exciting. It makes you look like a talentless amateur. Is everyone saying it's okay to "stand and wang," as long as you get a KO? At the end of the first round, even Florian made an exasperated comment that Kim wasn't setting up his spinning techniques at all.

fos

^ I don't agree with your assessment at all.

He's added wrestling to grappling and became better at ground. He's been trying to get better at stand up and it shows he's got some power now. What's wrong with becoming more well rounded? It looked to me like he's trying to develop his weaker area by not relying on his strengths all the time.

As far as showboating goes, I'm not a fan of it but after Okami got the axe, I don't blame DHK for mixing up his game and drawing a little attention to himself. If and when he does get a title shot, you think he's going to abandon his roots? I highly doubt it.

I actually don't disagree with you Boomtown. Nothing wrong with rounding out your game. However, flailing and spamming backfists with only a prayer that they will work does not equal "rounding out your game" IMHO. Kim's certainly developed some power, so I'll give him that.

I'll also agree that Okami's lack of charisma in and out of the ring didn't do him any favors. Okami did have a sweet KO of Thales Laites, but his standup never seemed to reach that peak again after that fight. However, Kim's antics didn't seem like the calculated trolling of Chael Sonnon or Brock Lesnar. For me, his antics just made him look like an embarrassingly over-confident and over-excited kid.

I am sure that Kim can do better than that if he wants to create an engaging fight persona.

As far as his fighting is concerned, we'll see what he really thinks of his newfound standup skills once he faces off with a lion. If he returns to his strengths, I will come back on here and acknowledge that you were correct.

fos
3/3/14 8:02 PM
RLFLCHI954
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand the hate. He was getting shit for being "boring". UFC has cut multiple highly ranked fighters recently for being "boring". I don't have the quote but could have sworn I read something along the lines of him trying to be more exciting because of previous criticism of his style.

He got a KO against Silva and what happens next?

He gets to headline a card! I understand why he would have a similarly aggressive / reckless approach in this main even fight.

Also, as sloppy as he was, he was flinching for that spin the whole fight. I took that less to mean he was "spamming", and more that he thought he found a weakness and wanted to exploit it. And it worked pretty damn well.

As far as the taunting, assuming he was planning on "doing that spinning shit now", it seemed to be an attempt to bait him into coming forward to set up the counter.

I could be wrong. Maybe he is a disrespectful pos who spammed elbows and got lucky. Regardless, I don't blame him. I enjoyed watching it and he's going to make more money based on what he did Saturday. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 8:09 PM
RLFLCHI954
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In all fairness I like Nick and Nate and loved Anderson's taunting. I find that shit hilarious, sooo.. maybe I'm disrespectful? Or a fan of disrespect? Fun to watch thoo Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 8:17 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at op Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:14 PM
Katsumoto

boomtown - pics of the said MILF?

yup seriously. the butthurtness has overshadowed this most important question.

3/3/14 11:30 PM
NAGA_JIM

5 o clock shadow -
thefunkyfreshFIEND - 
NAGA_JIM - Damn op is angry. Dong was presented with the type of opportunity every mma fighter dreams of and trains for every day. He took full advantage and put on a helluva performance with a vicious spinning back elbow ko as an excalamation point. The ufc has been waiting for an asian fighter to step up and do what he did. That performance will literally be his segway to superstardom and riches. I for one am happy for him and have absolutely no qualms with hime being happy for himself. Whiny bitches like op just love to pull out this bullshit poor sportsmanship argument whenever it suits them when they infact have probably never competed and have no idea what its like to have that type of pure adrenaline coursing through there veins when the moment comes where all their hard work and dedication and sacrifices finally pay off. You sir are a whiny bitch. Vtfd Phone Post 3.0
+1 Phone Post 3.0

Wow Naga Jim, you must have competed in a real cage fight and know what its like. Since I have no idea what it is like to have "pure adrenaline coursing through my veins the moment where all of my hard work and dedication pay off" please enlighten me. Specifically, please tell me how this will turn me into an idiot. I'd like to avoid such an outcome at all costs.

fos
It is not something that a person can be made to understand. And can you please tell me what he did that was so "idiotic". He knocked hathaway out then did a few backflips and kissed his girlfriend. Do you also hate all other fighters who celebrate wins by jumping up on the cage or the like? Do you hate aldo because he ran in to the croud after here knocked out mendes? Do you hate bj penn for running out of the cage after he kod hughes? Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:42 PM
Koreanyachtteam
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fos is is a jack off. Disgrace to the race? I think he is great example of a Korean fighter. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:44 PM
cfv
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Da fuck lol Phone Post 3.0
3/4/14 2:47 AM
5 o clock shadow

Naga Jim,

So you're saying that since I am not a cage fighter, I'll never understand what it means to have "pure adrenaline coursing through my veins." Therefore I have no right to comment on what real heroes and warriors experience during cage combat? You seem to be implying that you do have a right to judge since you have experienced "pure adrenaline." Is this what you are saying?

I have no qualms with emotional outbursts after fights, but celebrating in between rounds with ladies in the audience seems classless and disrespectful to me.

Koreanyachtteam,

You are welcome to your opinion about Kim Dong Hyeon, but there is no need to call me hurtful names because I don't like the same fighters as you.

fos Phone Post 3.0
3/4/14 2:55 AM
donkey guard
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim Maia rematch is the fight to make right now Phone Post 3.0
3/4/14 2:59 AM
Wasa-B
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was time imo.

3/4/14 3:25 AM
hubris
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think either Nate or Nick would beat him in a 5 round fight.

StunGun was gassing out bad against Nate and he couldn't handle Nate's boxing.
8/25/14 12:27 AM
5 o clock shadow

What can I say about Kim Dong Hyeon's performance against Woodley?

After his last fight in Macau, there was a 10 out of 10 chance that Kim Dong Hyeon was going to spam that stupid spinning backfist / elbow again and again until he got the KO.

If I was Woodley, I would have trained to counter this technique endlessly. It seems that this is exactly what he did. Kim throws the technique again with absolutely no set up. You can see Woodley lining up the punch right as Kim is beginning his spin. Kim doesn't even see the punch that knocks him out because his back is turned to his opponent.

Perhaps Kim was distracted because he was thinking of all of the antics he could perform if the spinning KO with no set up would have worked again. How is it possible that Kim would commit this cosmically stupid error two times in a row?

Either his coaches are "yes men" who failed to chastise him for this awful technique the first time, or Kim Dong Hyeon doesn't listen to his coaches because he feels he knows better.

Either way, I'd say that there is a 9 in 10 chance that Kim tries to spam this stupid technique again in his next fight. His opposition should train to counter it just like Woodley.

It is a shame that the fight turned out the way it did, it is a shame that Kim Dong Hyeon thinks he is a KO artist now, because for just a moment in the clinch, Kim made it look like he could make the fight into a very entertaining grappling match (the chin rip escape from the clinch was very cool -first time I have seen it).

Hopefully this will result in a more humble, more tactical Kim. I'd love to see the talented grappler that fought his way into the top 20 return.

fos
8/25/14 1:28 AM
TexDeuce
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you Korean? Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 1:32 AM
BeauTown

This stuff upsets you way to much Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:11 AM
UltraViolentRay
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexDeuce - Are you Korean? Phone Post 3.0

you better rephrase that imperialist spelling right meow!
8/25/14 9:12 AM
MegaCholo2000
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 o clock shadow - What can I say about Kim Dong Hyeon's performance against Woodley?

After his last fight in Macau, there was a 10 out of 10 chance that Kim Dong Hyeon was going to spam that stupid spinning backfist / elbow again and again until he got the KO.

If I was Woodley, I would have trained to counter this technique endlessly. It seems that this is exactly what he did. Kim throws the technique again with absolutely no set up. You can see Woodley lining up the punch right as Kim is beginning his spin. Kim doesn't even see the punch that knocks him out because his back is turned to his opponent.

Perhaps Kim was distracted because he was thinking of all of the antics he could perform if the spinning KO with no set up would have worked again. How is it possible that Kim would commit this cosmically stupid error two times in a row?

Either his coaches are "yes men" who failed to chastise him for this awful technique the first time, or Kim Dong Hyeon doesn't listen to his coaches because he feels he knows better.

Either way, I'd say that there is a 9 in 10 chance that Kim tries to spam this stupid technique again in his next fight. His opposition should train to counter it just like Woodley.

It is a shame that the fight turned out the way it did, it is a shame that Kim Dong Hyeon thinks he is a KO artist now, because for just a moment in the clinch, Kim made it look like he could make the fight into a very entertaining grappling match (the chin rip escape from the clinch was very cool -first time I have seen it).

Hopefully this will result in a more humble, more tactical Kim. I'd love to see the talented grappler that fought his way into the top 20 return.

fos
You got your wish :) Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 9:18 AM
gokudamus

dude, wtf is your problem. ok, dont like his style, we get it. but whyare you so personally offended by it?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.