UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Floyd Mayweather agrees to fight Amir Khan

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/3/14 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Amir Khan if you and Adrien Broner end up fighting each other on my show and you win (which you won't)...I'll fight you."-From Mayweather's Facebook.

Huge exposure and payday for Khan if he fights Broner on the undercard. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 3:09 AM
TFK_HossPearson
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The history books will not be kind to the Mayweather legacy. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 3:19 AM
BalloonBollicks
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this stage of the game who really cares, I basically gave up when the Money/Pacman fight didn't happen at the right time. If only they worked for Dana. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 3:24 AM
PTM2020
1728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will Golden Boy allow that fight on the same card?

3/3/14 3:30 AM
Devlin
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still cant believe mayweather ducked him, signed to fight, had a fan vote khan won and then picked the guy khan beat a few years ago.

Weird turn of events, i'd think mayweather would smash khan. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 3:32 AM
Team GDP
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn floyd vs maidana and khan vs broner would be a big ppv

3/3/14 3:32 AM
Team GDP
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/14 3:33 AM

dbl

3/3/14 3:33 AM
Team GDP

BalloonBollicks - At this stage of the game who really cares, I basically gave up when the Money/Pacman fight didn't happen at the right time. If only they worked for Dana. Phone Post 3.0

if they worked for dana what? the floyd/pac fight would have been made already? LOL

see: gsp vs silva and jbj vs silva. 

3/3/14 4:28 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -
BalloonBollicks - At this stage of the game who really cares, I basically gave up when the Money/Pacman fight didn't happen at the right time. If only they worked for Dana. Phone Post 3.0

if they worked for dana what? the floyd/pac fight would have been made already? LOL

Yeah no shit, Dana the promoter who has his guys all under 1 banner and STILL fails to deliver super fights. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 4:31 AM
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually if Mayweather-Maidana and Broner-Khan were to fight on the same card. That would be up there with UFC100 for me as far as anticipation.
3/3/14 4:49 AM
Anthomis

BalloonBollicks - At this stage of the game who really cares, I basically gave up when the Money/Pacman fight didn't happen at the right time. If only they worked for Dana. Phone Post 3.0
then the superfight would happen.

Just like Silva vs GSP, Brock vs Fedor, Silva vs JBJ, Aldo vs Pettis etc. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 5:01 AM
UGCTT_TFK_UncleSam
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -

You can go ahead and add Aldo vs Pettis to that list. Right now was the perfect time. And I'm sure they could've worked something else out with Gil without giving him the Pettis fight instantly. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 5:05 AM
Topsyjt
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the Floyd media machine spinning it's web. Nothing else. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 5:14 AM
Tilla

TFK_HossPearson - The history books will not be kind to the Mayweather legacy. Phone Post 3.0

I've been saying this forever.

His 'career' since he beat Oscar could have been so much better if he applied himself.

He will be remembered for what he 'Didn't do', not what he did.
3/3/14 8:21 AM
jTheHybridwolff
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan> Broner Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 9:45 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Team GDP -

Yeah no shit, Dana the promoter who has his guys all under 1 banner and STILL fails to deliver super fights. Phone Post 3.0

If Dana threw the right amount of money in these "super fights", they would have happened a long time ago.

3/3/14 11:08 AM
jTheHybridwolff
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - He dodged Khan already this is just another way to get people to not talk about Pacman Phone Post 3.0
He didn't dodge anybody .
Maidana is the tougher opponent I don't know if he'll actually be able to beat Floyd but Mayweather fight defensively and Marcos has major power in both hands and is a total bulldozer he needs to use the plan that Canelo said he was going to use and keep going forward keep throwing heavy punches and keep Mayweather on his heels Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:21 AM
mancabbage
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jTheHybridwolff - 
BW92 - He dodged Khan already this is just another way to get people to not talk about Pacman Phone Post 3.0
Maidana is the tougher opponent I don't know if he'll actually be able to beat Floyd but Mayweather fight defensively and Marcos has major power in both hands and is a total bulldozer he needs to use the plan that Canelo said he was going to use and keep going forward keep throwing heavy punches and keep Mayweather on his heels Phone Post 3.0

i disagree, we've seen floyd dismantle these bigger harder hitting guys with ease, time and again. Whilst i think mayweather could get his first ko in eons against khan i also think, for the first 5 rounds at least, it would be one of his most competitive and intriguing fights since oscar. Khan has a style that floyd hasn't faced in a long time and it'd be great to see how he deals with it.

That said Khan schools broner so long as he doesn't get sucked into some sort of brawl in the later rounds as he has the habit of doing, too fast and too good, so it may happen.

This ppv then khan mayweather in september should they both win in style, damn.. floyd gona make some cash
3/3/14 11:22 AM
RickTheRula125

jTheHybridwolff -
Agreed, the hate for Mayweather on this forum is uncalled for. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:27 AM
fingers 'n' teeth
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mancabbage - 
jTheHybridwolff - 

i disagree, we've seen floyd dismantle these bigger harder hitting guys with ease, time and again. Whilst i think mayweather could get his first ko in eons against khan i also think, for the first 5 rounds at least, it would be one of his most competitive and intriguing fights since oscar. Khan has a style that floyd hasn't faced in a long time and it'd be great to see how he deals with it.

That said Khan schools broner so long as he doesn't get sucked into some sort of brawl in the later rounds as he has the habit of doing, too fast and too good, so it may happen.

This ppv then khan mayweather in september should they both win in style, damn.. floyd gona make some cash

You really think Khan schools Broner?

I think i'm gonna have to disagree with that assessment.
3/3/14 11:33 AM
Bobby Lupo
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan will humiliate Broner. Total domination. Amir will be operating at a different speed and skill level.

Maidana is a bulldozer, but he's not going to touch Floyd. More one aided than the Canelo fight. Marcos might land 10 glancing blows the entire fight.

Khan could match Floyd for speed and although he has shit for a chin, Floyd hasn't shown any power above 135. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:35 AM
iHateTheUG

Anthomis -
BalloonBollicks - At this stage of the game who really cares, I basically gave up when the Money/Pacman fight didn't happen at the right time. If only they worked for Dana. Phone Post 3.0
then the superfight would happen.

Just like Silva vs GSP, Brock vs Fedor, Silva vs JBJ, Aldo vs Pettis etc. Phone Post 3.0
The difference is pac and floyd are in the same weight class. The fights you named all has a 15-20lbs weight difference. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 11:37 AM
hendofanforlife
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickTheRula125 - 
jTheHybridwolff -
Agreed, the hate for Mayweather on this forum is uncalled for. Phone Post 3.0

It is 100% called for and justified. 

3/3/14 11:38 AM
jagen

Mayweather wants that UK money.
3/3/14 11:39 AM
jagen

jTheHybridwolff - 

Stylistically Maidaina is an easier opponent, I don't see Mayweather having problems with either fighter though.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.