UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White: How to Beat the Internet

3/3/14 6:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White: Making UFC Unwatchable to Win the War Against Online Streaming

by Mitch Cumstein

March 2, 2014

Editorials, Feature Stories, Spotlight

7 Comments

The UFC's #1 goal, at the risk of alienating its entire fan base, is to win the war against online streamers, and UFC President Dana White has the perfect plan.

"My plan is to make our product unwatchable," Dana White said.  "I've been pushing for really bad matchmaking, more decisions, chasing off some of our biggest names. And Fight Pass? Check out that bullshit. It's like four fights from 2008. There are seriously more fights during a single season of House Hunters than we have on Fight Pass. This shit is so unwatchable the streamers will lose interest. And that's when we win."

3/3/14 6:14 PM
Haadogei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone notice that China card blew away the Bellator show in terms of fight quality? Funny how things work out that way.
3/3/14 6:15 PM
Logic MMA

It's working.
3/3/14 6:15 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at mitch cumstein

3/3/14 6:19 PM
MoomBah
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - anyone notice that China card blew away the Bellator show in terms of fight quality? Funny how things work out that way.
UFCs worst card ever was better than Bellators second best card ever lol. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:21 PM
Logic MMA

Bellator card was better.
3/3/14 6:25 PM
superCalo
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightPass will get better, but those developers in India just have to upp their game, bit less of the worshipping cows, more time coding bros

3/3/14 6:27 PM
sockeye
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol? Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:27 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YER NOT A REAL FIGHT FAN IF YOU DON'T BUY EVERY PPV AND FIGHT PASS!
- Dana Phone Post
3/3/14 6:30 PM
UGCTT_TFK_UncleSam
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - anyone notice that China card blew away the Bellator show in terms of fight quality? Funny how things work out that way.
Anyone notice how they were both entertaining? And how they shouldn't be compared because they're both MMA. Stop treating Bellator and the UFC like they're WWE and WCW fighting over ratings. People like you kill the sport. Phone Post 3.0
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John 12:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

ProteinOverdrive

UFC is garbage. Once the few remaining old fighters retire, I'm done with that shit.
3/3/14 6:31 PM
AsimpleFan
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck a fight pass and the quality of their cards. Shitting on long time fans to make a buck. I hope they go bankrupt. Greedy fucks. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:31 PM
GOKUJITSU
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -

lol at mitch cumstein

. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:38 PM
Huey freman
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AsimpleFan - Fuck a fight pass and the quality of their cards. Shitting on long time fans to make a buck. I hope they go bankrupt. Greedy fucks. Phone Post 3.0
I think it's heading that way unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:40 PM
Ioucounu
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP, you are the rust to dana's bald woody. So cynical! Carcosa is exclusive to fight pass, giants with scars, kids in the woods, yellow kings...
3/3/14 6:43 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)

Haadogei - anyone notice that China card blew away the Bellator show in terms of fight quality? Funny how things work out that way.

didn't see it so no I didn't notice that.
3/3/14 6:47 PM
Vulva Fabulous
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the author. LOL Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:47 PM
44 Magnum
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If that's the strategy, it's working beautifully
3/3/14 6:51 PM
Mr_Honky
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinOverdrive - UFC is garbage. Once the few remaining old fighters retire, I'm done with that shit.
Yeah because there's absolutely no new talent out there. Lol Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 6:53 PM
Tom O'Bedlam
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems legit...
3/3/14 7:00 PM
Judontkneedthisname3744

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - YER NOT A REAL FIGHT FAN IF YOU DON'T BUY EVERY PPV AND FIGHT PASS!
- Dana Phone Post
That's literally what he said about fuel Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 7:03 PM
Oak the Toke
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the minus side the watered down cards kinda suck balls and you need a little orphan Annie secret decoder ring in order to figure out what outlet is showing each fight. On the plus side, he told me that on my deathbed I will receive total consciousness. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. Phone Post 3.0
3/3/14 7:04 PM
lookoutawhale
1035 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha cumstein for mayor!

3/3/14 7:06 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Oak the Toke - On the minus side the watered down cards kinda suck balls and you need a little orphan Annie secret decoder ring in order to figure out what outlet is showing each fight. On the plus side, he told me that on my deathbed I will receive total consciousness. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. Phone Post 3.0

The Dana, himself. Twelfth son of the Fertittas. The flowing robes, the grace, bald...striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver, he hauls off and whacks one.  Big hitter, the Dana.  Long.  Into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Dana says?

"Your an egg."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.