UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teddy Atlas: 'Mike Tyson’s a phony'

3/6/14 4:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
scarfacedave
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - From Mike Tyson's autobiography:

"I had known Teddy's sisters-in-law before Teddy even did. We had all gone to school together and were friends. The girls would always be flirtatious with me, but I never had a sexual thing with them.

I was hanging out with his twelve-year-old sister-in-law one day and I grabbed her butt. I really didn't mean to do anything evil. I was just playing around and I grabbed her butt and I shouldn't have. It was just a stupid thing to do. I didn't think it through. I had no social skills because Cus kept me in the gym all the time.

As soon as I did it I immediately regretted it. She didn't say anything to me but I knew it must have made her uncomfortable.....

*after the gun to the head incident*

Whenever Teddy talks about this incident now, he makes it sound like he scared me to shit. The truth was, it wasn't the first time someone had held a gun to my head, but it wasn't like I was saying stuff like "C'mon, shoot me, motherfucker." I was nervous. By the way, it took a while for my hearing to come back.

But I just felt that I had fucked something up real bad. I really cared about Teddy. I was pissed, though, and I might have told some people that I was going to get back at him, but I would never do anything to hurt Teddy. He taught me how to fight, he was right there from the beginning."

That's very interesting, thanks for posting.

His comments on the one man show seemed to portray Teddy Atlas as someone that was envious of his success.

I will look for it on youtube.
3/6/14 4:52 AM
spjackson77
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - Nobody would ever know him, other than the fact that he's been prominently featured on tv for 20+ years.

Is Tyson a phony? Of course. Every time he's broke, he gets all philosophical, picks up a few therapy-speak buzzwords, and gets paid by convincing the more naive white people that he's changed. He's done this routine before. But it's probably the first time many on here are hearing this same old rap.

A lot of people really buy this redemption bullshit from Mike. Mike Tyson is the person who used to hurt old ladies in elevators for their SS check. He's the same guy.

As far as Atlas's niece, apology doesn't mean shit. Tyson is a straight up child molester.

what a load of shit. If Teddy Atlas was so prominent, then how come every single fucking interview ever with him always goes back to his incident with Mike Tyson. Nobody gives a shit about his opinion on anything, they just want his side of the mike tyson incident.

Mike Tyson doesn't give a shit about redemption, or trying to win sympathy from the public. All you have to do is youtube any of his interviews to find this out. Mike Tyson is probably the most exploited person in the history of sports, and quite frankly, I would expect most people to turn out the same way he did if they had his life. Show me the proof that he is a child molester you fucking faggot. until then, go eat a dick you worthless dumbfuck.
3/6/14 5:16 AM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol Phone Post
3/6/14 6:26 AM
Bobby Lupo
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I talked shit on Cus and nobody came at me because you know what he did was fucked up.. He's another jerk that's worshipped around here. Cus basically bought a kid from the juvenile justice system because the child was as physically developed as a strong grown man, and then forced that kid to spend his days learning the craft of boxing, never giving a fuck about what that kid did when he wasn't training, watching videos, eating or sleeping.

Get a shrink to watch Tyson's redemptive one man show. He's still that same psycho, but he can do it with a smile instead of a scowl now. He's still manipulating. 

3/6/14 6:45 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know whats phony? Accepting a mans apology on TV but then turn around and gossip like a bitch when he leaves

3/6/14 7:39 AM
Throwin'Knuckles
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/14 8:19 AM
spjackson77 - and teddy atlas is a faggot. His claim to fame is pulling a gun on tyson. If that never happened, nobody would ever know who this faggot is. fuck off you faggot, tyson owns you.

Teddy Atlas is huge in the boxing world. Let's not forget the prison term for rape, the ear and horrific stories from Tyson's past. Why does Tyson get a pass for this and Teddy is some how a POS?
3/6/14 7:50 AM
BlackJesus
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you mean currently, or in the history of boxing?

3/6/14 8:40 AM
Bobby Lupo

GSPsShadyHandWraps - You know whats phony? Accepting a mans apology on TV but then turn around and gossip like a bitch when he leaves

This is true. 

I think the actual story was that Mike grabbed the girl and cornered her or pushed her against the wall and grabbed all over her. She was freaked out and Teddy lost his shit when he found out. 

Both guys are certifiable maniacs. 

3/6/14 8:45 AM
Bobby Lupo

Teddy and Mike should be a commenting team for Friday Night Fights. Would be as good as the fights.

3/6/14 9:22 AM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spjackson77 - and teddy atlas is a faggot. His claim to fame is pulling a gun on tyson. If that never happened, nobody would ever know who this faggot is. fuck off you faggot, tyson owns you.

Team Tyson has some real intellects.
3/6/14 9:37 AM
BigEyedFish

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON

Tyson did a long interview on Stern last year and its hard to imagine how he was being fake or making anything up.  He was extremely contrite and self effacing 

3/6/14 9:43 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Edited: 03/06/14 9:44 AM
Teddy was the one guy in Tysons camp who tried to stop his descent before it started. I don't think he is stuck on Tyson or a "hater" he's just the kind of guy that answers 100 percent honestly and authentic. If he really was trying to hurt Tyson he would put him down as a fighter and not a person, most people already have the opinion that Tyson was a shitty person for a long time. You can say he is complex but a lot of shitty people are complex.By phony, I think he means he isn't secure in who he is, Tyson seems to be very vulnerable to being changed, from Don King, to being a muslim, to being a crack head, to being talked into making fun of himself and to doing an interview where your wife calls you a wife beater on live tv
3/6/14 11:14 AM
soundoff71
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/14 11:15 AM

Lanceness021 - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PstNAXP73g

He admits to bringing a fake penis to fights, he says the one big regret of his career was not using growth hormone and anyone's supposed to believe he wasn't on roids ....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PstNAXP73g

Never saw this before, thanks & VTFU.

3/6/14 1:22 PM
CANESHARP
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phony... Hmm..

Well u can't fake destroying the shit out of dudes in the ring. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 3:14 PM
ShamusO'nyou
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo laying the smack down all over the shop.

Good stuff

Also agree with thefightingsheep

"I think his tell-all confessions were filtered for consumption by a public that was supposed to forgive him. He cheated on women, but doesn't confess to beating them. He was using a fake penis to hide cocaine use from state athletic commissions, but not steroids. The things that would have really tarnished his legacy weren't talked about. "

Don't know if all that is true, but it is an interesting point
3/6/14 3:45 PM
NHBStriker
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EEKS - Lupo, why all the hate on D'Amato? Are you upset at the fact that he dedicated himself to Patterson and Tyson, 2 of the best BLACK heavyweight champs of all time. Are you upset that he never gave a fuck about your god Marciano? Maybe, that he trained Jose Torres? Do you consider him a "sell out" because he hanged an American flag out in front of his Catskill mansion rather than an italian flag?

Jesus Christ. Calm down.
3/6/14 5:39 PM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More Teddy stuff from the Tyson autobiography (which is a great read by the way.)

"Cus was having trouble with my trainer Teddy Atlas. They were fighting over money. Teddy had recently married into a family that Cus was really dubious about, so when Teddy needed money, Cus wouldn't give him much. Teddy was struggling, so he wanted me to turn pro so he could collect his share of my purses, but turning pro at that time wasn't in Cus's plan. So it was common knowledge that Teddy was going to leave Cus and that he would try to take me with him. There was no way in the world I would leave Cus."

On what happened after he did the butt grabbing:
"Later that evening my sparring partner drove me to the gym to work out with Teddy. I got out of the car and Teddy was waiting for me outside. He looked angry.

"Mike, come here. I want to talk with you," he said.

I went over to him and he pulled out a gun and held it to my head.

"Motherfucker, don't you ever touch my sister-in-law...."

He shot the gun into the air, right next to my ear. The sound was so deafening, I thought that he actually might have shot my ear off. And then Teddy ran. I would have too, because the gym was on top of a police station."
3/6/14 5:47 PM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/06/14 5:47 PM
"Camille was furious with Teddy. She wanted Cus to press charges and have him arrested but Cus wouldn't do that. He knew that Teddy was on probation for some other issue and that he would have gone right to jail. Teddy and his family eventually moved back to the city.

All this was my fault. I'm just sorry all that went down. After Teddy left, I started working with Kevin Rooney, another boxer who Cus converted into a trainer. Rooney and Teddy were childhood friends and Teddy had introduced Kevin to Cus. You can imagine how high the emotions ran when things played out the way they did."
3/6/14 5:48 PM
Bench
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 6:11 PM
Ibangthr4Iambro
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyB1 - 

Here's a video of Mike coming up to him last year and apologizing to him for grabbing his niece's ass almost 30 years ago. He was man enough to look Teddy in the eye and say sorry I was wrong.

So someone apologized to you admitted they were wrong and you're still talkin shit. Fuck you Teddy.

thanks for posting that man. Mike is anything but phony.....honest to a fault if you ask me.
3/6/14 6:44 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 03/06/14 6:54 PM

Wow crazy ass thread. I didn't know much on the topic of their relationship and TBH and I never heard Cus shit on prior to today.

The troubling thing here is there is that 'there is all this information' on both sides of the fence  with no sources I can find at all to support the claims!!.

"You should hear what he says when the camera's off. "

Well great, do you hang with Mike? How to you know this stuff? Not saying true of false but the claims without ANY sources are worthless IMO. 

"Oh so and so poster knows". Great how do you know he knows, I have no idea how you know.

Those posters who made claims here on both (either) sides here can you source any of them at all?

3/6/14 7:26 PM
Topsyjt
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlackJesus - 
I love me some Mike Tyson, I remember coming home frozen from cub scouts and watching him kick the shit out of Marvis Frazier in under 30sec and I was hooked. Mike wasn't a good person and he did a lot of bad things.
I think that Teddy was made that Cus took Mike's side, I also think that Teddy thought that when Cus died, or hung it up he was going  take over training Mike and not Kevin Rooney. In the end I think that Teddy is like Uncle Rico thinking about what might have been.
I think if Cus would have been 15 or 20 years younger he would have kept Mike away from Don King and  Mike would have turned out different

we would have seen some amazing things from him

VU  good man! loved that.

3/6/14 7:50 PM
Ibangthr4Iambro
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 

I talked shit on Cus and nobody came at me because you know what he did was fucked up.. He's another jerk that's worshipped around here. Cus basically bought a kid from the juvenile justice system because the child was as physically developed as a strong grown man, and then forced that kid to spend his days learning the craft of boxing, never giving a fuck about what that kid did when he wasn't training, watching videos, eating or sleeping.

Get a shrink to watch Tyson's redemptive one man show. He's still that same psycho, but he can do it with a smile instead of a scowl now. He's still manipulating. 

He's still that same psycho,

so? At least the dude is genuinely trying to change. I think he is anyway I guess it's a matter of opinion to believe him or not. btw Lupo I enjoy your posts been a long time lurker don't post often even after joining but you know what you're talking about and are educated about the fight game, UG needs posters like that......way too many morons here who have no clue as to what they are speaking about.
3/6/14 7:51 PM
Ibangthr4Iambro

Bobby Lupo - 

Teddy and Mike should be a commenting team for Friday Night Fights. Would be as good as the fights.

I wouldn't miss a fight if so.....
3/6/14 7:54 PM
MMA Playwright
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ibangthr4Iambro - 
Bobby Lupo - 

He's still that same psycho,

so? At least the dude is genuinely trying to change. I think he is anyway I guess it's a matter of opinion to believe him or not. btw Lupo I enjoy your posts been a long time lurker don't post often even after joining but you know what you're talking about and are educated about the fight game, UG needs posters like that......way too many morons here who have no clue as to what they are speaking about.

You showed Lupo respect. You got potential, kid.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.