UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teddy Atlas: 'Mike Tyson’s a phony'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/7/14 12:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ecostar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you Teddy! Mike made some bad choices in life. He was just a kid when you met him. Get over it. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 12:49 PM
ShamusO'nyou
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
ShamusO'nyou - Lazer

Have you been drinking?

Look I know your the poster who said the fighter that most of the old time MMA fans picked to win the tourney in the other thread had no chance to win and it was " beyond argument" that he could win. I can see why you'd be butt hurt after what followed. I thought we agreed not to post to eachother though?

Look you or any member of the UG can take me up on the bet, no limit, no issue. Have a great day.

Lol! You are some craic. Go back and look at that thread. After I stopped speaking with you, you continued to mention and speak to me.

Your post about the bet was hard to decipher. You are calling out and insulting a guy who obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you. If you want to know more, goo find out more. Don't try to goad people into doing your research for you by insulting them

I have no ill feelings towards you and my response to you in this thread with would have been no different if we had not spoke on the other thread. I suspect there are a lot of things we disagree on. We clearly don't think the same way. No big deal
3/7/14 1:19 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 03/07/14 2:38 PM
ShamusO'nyou - 
Lazer MMA - 
ShamusO'nyou - Lazer

Have you been drinking?

Look I know your the poster who said the fighter that most of the old time MMA fans picked to win the tourney in the other thread had no chance to win and it was " beyond argument" that he could win. I can see why you'd be butt hurt after what followed. I thought we agreed not to post to eachother though?

Look you or any member of the UG can take me up on the bet, no limit, no issue. Have a great day.

Lol! You are some craic. Go back and look at that thread. After I stopped speaking with you, you continued to mention and speak to me.

Your post about the bet was hard to decipher. You are calling out and insulting a guy who obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you. If you want to know more, goo find out more. Don't try to goad people into doing your research for you by insulting them

I have no ill feelings towards you and my response to you in this thread with would have been no different if we had not spoke on the other thread. I suspect there are a lot of things we disagree on. We clearly don't think the same way. No big deal

I actually though that he may well, I only for asked for sources initally to support wild claims (IMO) and I said plainly i don't know alot on the topic. When  I looked at his claim that Gus was a bad guy because he spoke of Ali like crap I sourced Cus gave Ali money instead. He has no sources and his claims are bogus IMO, therefore he resorts to personal attacks when this is ponted out. Third grade crap. Likewise, your stupid reason not to like Cus is because he gave Mike more spaghetti and favored Mike over others are likewise comical as stated. You can't make this stuff up LOL.

Have a great live boss

3/7/14 2:41 PM
Bobby Lupo
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back to Tyson. IMO, his book and apology tour is like the steroid scandal with Mark McGwire. McGwire admitted to taking legal bodybuilding supplements and even had a big bottle of Androstendyone on display in his locker, as if hard work and a supplement that doesn't even work gives a man 19" forearms and power to hit the most epic homeruns. 

Tyson gave the public just enough of a mea culpa while retelling with a frothing enthusiasm his past transgressions—but, only to a degree. That one man show was press release, introducing the world to Nice Guy Mike, the Cuddly former monster.

It's cute that people buy it. He admitted to just a little, enough to add to the mythical BMOP, made the audience feel sorry for him, and manipulated some people to viewing him differently.

Ask the old man Tyson busted up over a fender bender a couple of years ago or the Russian kid he destroyed outside a club in Arizona what a changed man he is.

He's been claiming that he's vegan and sober for 5 years, turns out that was just like most of the rest: a lie with a bit of truth attached to it.

3/7/14 3:05 PM
ShamusO'nyou
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The sober thing is a good point.

Until very recently he had been claiming he was sober. Of course everyone ate it up . Then he admitted that he had only been sober for 5 days.

Tyson is a real piece of work. Terrible life as a kid , but whisked off to a mansion at a relatively young age and has been lifted and laid for ever since, while still crying about being a victim and feeling sorry for himself.

In his biography he talks about when he visited Mexico and it was even poorer than Brownsville. He said it made him angry! Like, how dare they be poorer than me!

Check out all his quotes about how hard done by he is and how people wont give him a chance etc. He has had a million chances. If Tyson was caught drunk driving tomorrow he would have a far better chance of getting away with it than most of the planet.

He is a complete maniac and does not deserve your pity.
3/7/14 3:26 PM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
Lazer MMA - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Lazer MMA -

Mike's issues did not occur after Cus died? 

Can I have a single source of a profesional supporting the claim that Cuz was a bad guy because all I read is 100 percent that it's not true. Did you hear it off camera? From who then?

We all know Cus saw greatness, so fuckin what he became a father to a boy of 13 FFS. What is the issue? What gives anyone the right to shit on the man??

Believe what you want. Look a little deeper. Stop believing like a child. You sound like a child after hearing Santa wasn't real.

Grow up. Be your own hero. Phone Post 3.0

I don't need hero's and I don't make piker bets but I ALWAYS bring the sources.

"Can I have a single source of a profesional supporting the claim that Cuz was a bad guy because all I read is 100 percent that it's not true"?

Post nothing else if you can't TY

Your mother must wish she gave birth to a male child.

Get out of your house. Get out in the world. Meet people, talk to people, learn from people who've been around and know more than you. Talk to old timers at Gleason's. No, don't talk, just listen to the old timers. Go to the source, don't just Google.

Great post. Applies to more than just this thread.
3/7/14 3:30 PM
Bobby Lupo
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/14 3:31 PM

The thing that Teddy said about Mike lying so frequently that he'd pass a lie detector test rings pretty true. I was at Ricco Rodriguez's boxing match the weekend of Lesnar-Carwin in Vegas and I was 3 seats from Tyson. Kevin Kelley came over to say hi and said, "Champ, you gotta get in the gym, get back in shape" and Mike was like, "That's not for me. I don't like boxing. I don't have violence in my heart. I'm doing missionary work in Africa now (Mike was still supposedly a Muslim at the time.)." Five minutes later he was a Las Vegas real estate investor to some guy in a suit, then he told Buddy McGirt that he was just hanging around  the gym, teaching kids boxing, trying to give back to the community. 

3/7/14 11:11 PM
StretchPlum

Edited: 03/07/14 11:40 PM
"spJackson77---what a load of shit. If Teddy Atlas was so prominent, then how come every single fucking interview ever with him always goes back to his incident with Mike Tyson. Nobody gives a shit about his opinion on anything, they just want his side of the mike tyson incident. Mike Tyson doesn't give a shit about redemption, or trying to win sympathy from the public. All you have to do is youtube any of his interviews to find this out. Mike Tyson is probably the most exploited person in the history of sports, and quite frankly, I would expect most people to turn out the same way he did if they had his life. Show me the proof that he is a child molester you fucking faggot. until then, go eat a dick you worthless dumbfuck."

The child molestation was the molesting of a child that was talked about for eight pages. As far as redemption: "I'm a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things and I want to be forgiven. In order for me to be forgiven, and I hope they forgive me,..."

It's the age of specialization, boy. You're going to have to pick stupid or troll.
3/7/14 11:20 PM
junon
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all he did was grab her ass?

this whole time i assumed he tried to rape her and got caught.

3/7/14 11:32 PM
StretchPlum

Edited: 03/07/14 11:41 PM
Just that sexual assault as far as I know. No repeats after the gun to the head. That's how you treat a bully. He talked about eating Lewis's kids, then he was the lisping prison fag after the fight.
3/8/14 6:43 AM
Bobby Lupo

Also Ali and Money: When Ali was broke Joe Frazier gave him cash. He didn't lend him money: he gave it to him. Ali thanked him by ruining his and the lives of the Frazier children through mockery, calling him an "Uncle Tom", a gorilla and other awful things. Joe got payback by putting Ali on his ass and handing him his first loss. 

3/8/14 7:01 AM
ShanTheMan
1141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speak on about Ali, loopz. People try to remember that cunt as a much better person than he was. Agree or disagree about the civil rights/vietnam protest, he was a fucking asshole.
3/8/14 7:28 AM
Bobby Lupo

ShanTheMan - Speak on about Ali, loopz. People try to remember that cunt as a much better person than he was. Agree or disagree about the civil rights/vietnam protest, he was a fucking asshole.

For those of us who were born 15-20 years after his prime, we think of Ali as this beloved God figure, but he was the Chael Sonnen of the HW division playing a heel character. Most people didn't buy a ticket to see his brilliance on display, they bought a ticket hoping to see the other guy take his head off.

He didn't become a sympathetic figure until Baby Boomer journalists made him one. Another guy who was a racist and a phony like Tyson.

3/8/14 8:27 AM
lockon
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
The Brotorious B.I.G - 
Mayhem13 - Tyson was fucked up sexually from the start. Due to issues/circumstances involving his mother.

It kinda bled into his life all the way onto adulthood I believe. Dude has/had some issues in that department, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if he seen nothing wrong with what he did, and was just joking around with a friend like he claims. Phone Post 3.0
"I woupdnt be surprised if he sees nothing wrong with what he did"

You have absolutly no idea what you are talking about. Please shut the fuck up Phone Post

This quote is awesome coming from a guy who just admitted that he didn't know who Teddy Atlas was in the first place.

Come on, guy.
Unreal some people. Phone Post
3/8/14 9:35 AM
Chupacabro
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Playwright -

“Mike Tyson’s a phony; he was a phony from the very beginning,” says Atlas, now 57. “A phony from the day he was born; and you can’t say he was forced to be one. Maybe he was forced to be a survivor, but it’s not so much survivor than, can you manipulate?

“When he was a kid, he would hide (from his Brooklyn enemies) in between walls of buildings. I don’t think he ever came out from between those walls; I don’t think he ever broke the habit of hiding. He found a haven between those walls. Later, when he wanted to give you something meaningful, he gave it to you in that lisp of a voice.

“Once, he was Darth Vader, telling everyone, “I’m going to eat your children.” Those were his words, not his thoughts. He’s a complicated guy, but also a simple guy. A phony. The undisputed truth is that he never tells the truth, but if you gave him a polygraph test, he’d probably pass it. That’s how he is. That’s how he reinvented himself.”

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/Mar/03/teddy-atlas-michael-grant-tyson-boxing-holyfield/?#article-copy

Unless Atlas is close to Tyson now (which I highly doubt), then it is disrespectful and ugly to disregard the changes the man has made in his life. We are all allowed to change and be better men. By clinging to the past, Atlas comes off as bitter. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 10:47 AM
Bobby Lupo

Teddy talks about mike when asked. He would rather talk about improving USA boxing, refereeing judging or talk boxing habits. He notices every little thing. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:25 AM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Teddy talks about mike when asked. He would rather talk about improving USA boxing, refereeing judging or talk boxing habits. He notices every little thing. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you ! When people interview Atlas they ask about Tyson, I would much rather hear Teddy talk about what we can do to fix amateur boxing.

Lupo, do you have any idea what Poison Jr. Jones or Charles Murray are up to ? You mentioned Kevin Kelley, how is he doing ? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 11:09 PM
StretchPlum

I dislike Ali because he made poor sportsmanship acceptable, to where we frequently have complete scumbag behavior in sports.
3/9/14 10:09 AM
Bobby Lupo

StretchPlum - I dislike Ali because he made poor sportsmanship acceptable, to where we frequently have complete scumbag behavior in sports.
Huge pro wrestling fan. The original Chael Phone Post 3.0
3/10/14 12:41 PM
jacktripper

I'm changing allegiances based on atlas consistently rocking raiders gear on fnf

Tyson's still a sociopath though Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.