UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Askren's at it again!

3/6/14 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Benaskren: Hey @JonnyBones I know you are boys with @kyledake444 what is it with you guys and making excuses to dodge me and @dc_mma Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:09 AM
Judontkneedthisname3744
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Ben just does whatever he can to stay relevant.  I guess you cant blame the guy, he is super pissed about not getting signed to the UFC.  

I think he big mouth got him in trouble because Dana couldnt have a guy who talks like that and then comes and beats a lot of his guys.  Dana no likey

3/6/14 10:20 AM
jTheHybridwolff
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judontkneedthisname3744 -

Wow Ben just does whatever he can to stay relevant.  I guess you cant blame the guy, he is super pissed about not getting signed to the UFC.  

I think he big mouth got him in trouble because Dana couldnt have a guy who talks like that and then comes and beats a lot of his guys.  Dana no likey

Got respect his dedication : )
Dude is a grade A shit talker and legit top 10 welterweight Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:28 AM
hendofanforlife
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's getting more than he did in bellator and ufc. good for him. get those paydays. 

3/6/14 10:30 AM
LucasBTiger
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife -

He's getting more than he did in bellator and ufc. good for him. get those paydays. 

Really? So, what did he get in the UFC again? Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:33 AM
LucasBTiger
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucasBTiger -
hendofanforlife -

Really? So, what did he get in the UFC again? Phone Post 3.0
Now that I see your sn... I would respectfully like to rescind my snarky comment.

War Hendo. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:37 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just playing the game. I've heard he's pretty laid back and nice Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:40 AM
steve sandstrom
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who has he beat? Why consider him top ten when he hasn't even fought a top 15-20 fighter? Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 10:50 AM
TopGrinder

Ohhh Ben ,,, he is decent at running his mouth. But dude is sabotaging his career signing with one fc. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 11:09 AM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder - Ohhh Ben ,,, he is decent at running his mouth. But dude is sabotaging his career signing with one fc. Phone Post 3.0

It's not like he had a lot of other options.
3/6/14 12:07 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha...he says whatever he wants. I love it. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 12:21 PM
R1WARRIOR

Hey hey!! It's the guy who's afraid to fight and hugs people!! Funny dude there!! Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 12:29 PM
Hate420
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should concentrate more on being an exciting fighter that fans want to see fight. Then he wouldn't have to try and talk his way into relevancy. His shit talking schtick is starting to be like his fights...predictable and boring. So glad the UFC passed on him. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 12:34 PM
Judontkneedthisname3744

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

He's just playing the game. I've heard he's pretty laid back and nice Phone Post 3.0

Oh i agree and he plays it damn well and he seems like a smart guy who is well spoken which leads to good shit talking lol.  He is also a top notch wrestler and would beat a lot of UFC guys.  I dont think he is exciting at all like not even a little but his skills are easily UFC caliber and he shouldve gotten a shot at someone like Koscheck, or anyone with a good wrestling pedigree so we could see how he does when he cant just take somone down and hold him there. 

3/6/14 12:50 PM
Macedawgg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steve sandstrom - Who has he beat? Why consider him top ten when he hasn't even fought a top 15-20 fighter? Phone Post 3.0

This belief is exactly why it was 100% predictable that the UFC would not sign Askren directly from Bellator (Askren had to "work his way up") and that the UFC would certainly keep Melendez (he was ranked number 2--can't have him validating Bellator fighters). 

3/6/14 12:51 PM
bearockbrobama
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steve sandstrom - Who has he beat? Why consider him top ten when he hasn't even fought a top 15-20 fighter? Phone Post 3.0
He had a streak

Beat Lima Saunders and Hieron, who then got signed to the UFC.

Ben was also released way to early Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:04 PM
JoeHurley
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Zuffa would have signed Askren then he wouldnt be a "Bellator" fighter or validating them in any way. He'd be a UFC guy. Nobody is calling Gil a strikeforce fighter. Always thought this thinking was silly. Dana cares about guys that can sell fights, not picking guys from certain orgs. One of his biggest stars came from WWE. He doesnt give a shit. All about the $$$. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:16 PM
Judontkneedthisname3744

JoeHurley - If Zuffa would have signed Askren then he wouldnt be a "Bellator" fighter or validating them in any way. He'd be a UFC guy. Nobody is calling Gil a strikeforce fighter. Always thought this thinking was silly. Dana cares about guys that can sell fights, not picking guys from certain orgs. One of his biggest stars came from WWE. He doesnt give a shit. All about the $$$. Phone Post 3.0

Very true which is why it was strange he didnt sign him but i feel like Ben talked to much shit along the way about the UFC and Dana so Dana was like fuck this kid.  I also feel like because of all the drama he couldnt have Ben come in and beat his guys. 

3/6/14 1:16 PM
Macedawgg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't believe me--read Dana White's comments.  "He needs to work his way up." 

It would be a fighter coming directly from Bellator against UFC fighters.  If Ben were to do well--you would have common opponents from which to then compare. 

Strikeforce was different--Strikeforce was acquired by the UFC--no worries about cross polinization. 

3/6/14 1:36 PM
SaintMike
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Ben, his fights, and his outspoken nature. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:39 PM
klabo

jTheHybridwolff - @Benaskren: Hey @JonnyBones I know you are boys with @kyledake444 what is it with you guys and making excuses to dodge me and @dc_mma Phone Post 3.0
Yawn Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:44 PM
SaintMike
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Ben, his fights, and his outspoken nature. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 1:57 PM
1a1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you look at his fight versus Heiron he did not look as dynamic and it was a very close fight. I think he would prolly be close to the top 5 but he doesnt beat the elites. So you would have a guy who many consider boring knocking off contenders. Thats prolly why he wasnt signed.
3/6/14 2:28 PM
JoeHurley
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody cares about "bellator fighters" vs "ufc fighters" except a few internet fans who debate any minute detail. If Ben started beating people in the ufc then they would just start pushing him. Anderson Silva was the big star and when Weidman beat him Dana didnt get mad or try to engineer anything. Thy just got behind him as the new champ and kept it moving.

Dont understand why you think Askren beating guys in the UFC would reflect on Bellator. They didnt train him or teach him to fight. They just signed him first. It doesnt make Bellator any better or prove their promotion is better. Is anyone saying Max fights is better than bellator because Ben was there first?

If anything it shows that when you become big in Bellator you move up to the ufc. Fighters arent any promotions guys and their fighting doesnt reflect on the promotion. Stop it with that silly team nonsense. Ben isnt going to tell yoi hes a bellator guy. He is with whoever is paying him.

My opinion is that Dana wasnt excited about signing a guy who has 6 decisions out his last 8 fights and wouldnt be seen as an exciting fighter to the average fan. Its that simple. You think he would hesitate to sign eddie alvarez or michael chandler if he could? Would he be scared theyre going to beat "his guys"? Stop it. Phone Post 3.0
3/6/14 3:41 PM
Macedawgg

Joe,

I agree with much of what you wrote--but it does indeed matter. 

Think Boise State football.  They were elite--for a period of 3 years.  Look at their draft classes, and when they did play "top" competition--the results.  Yet, because they were not in a "power" conference, they were largely disregarded by the public. 

Now--if Boise State competed against the Pac 12--just after leaving the Mountain West and dominated in the Pac 12--the illusion would no longer exist and perhaps the talent pool is indeed similar. 

Look at what was discussed about Strikeforce when Strikeforce was independent.  The same exact things you see now about Bellator.  Yet, the Strikeforce guys have done very well in the UFC. . .

As to Askren--he didn't move up.  In fact, he was told he "had to work his way up" after intentionally sitting out waiting to be signed by the UFC.  Why is that? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.