UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: We would definitely give Carano a fight

3/7/14 4:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Speculation was rampant last week when Joe Rogan said a big announcement was coming about women in the UFC. It was speculated that this could mean the signing of Cris Cyborg or even the return of Gina Carano. Today, Dana White refuted the Carano talk, but did say she would be welcome back in the UFC:

When rumors started flying about Carano, White claimed he wasn’t even aware of the fighter’s contractual status when asked about the fight and had to go to the UFC’s legal department to clarify her position. He said she has four fights remaining on her Strikeforce contract, which was assigned to the UFC when it purchased the now-defunct promotion. Carano would, however, be required to fight in the octagon if she decided to come out of retirement.

“When you go on a hiatus, whether you’re injured or semi-retired, you’re still under contract,” he said. “If you come back, you’re still under contract with us. So she is under contract with us, but I have no plans right now.”

With that said, the door is certainly open for the former “face of women’s MMA.”

“If she wanted to fight in the UFC, of course,” White said. “If Gina Carano wanted to fight in the UFC, we would definitely do it.”

read entire article...

3/7/14 4:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
homegrowncone
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/7/14 4:55 PM
DreamerMMA
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

I would love to see Gina fighting again.

3/7/14 5:01 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I seriously doubt Dana had to "consult his legal team" to know the status of Carano.

3/7/14 5:02 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can she make 265?

3/7/14 5:03 PM
Figure4LegLock

Only fight for Gina is Rousey...she would get whipped by any contender out there right now which would screw up the $$$ grab that would be Rousey/Carano.
3/7/14 5:12 PM
Judontkneedthisname3744

ranier wolfcastle -

can she make 265?

Not with those tits Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 5:15 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Figure4LegLock - Only fight for Gina is Rousey...she would get whipped by any contender out there right now which would screw up the $$$ grab that would be Rousey/Carano.

If she's as good as she used to be, she'd be top 5 in that division easily. Don't forget, she was working Cyborg for a while in their fight. And has some pretty good wins on her record. I'd love to see her fight Kaufman or Tate... and would pick her to win both of those fights.
3/7/14 5:19 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

can she make 265?

Excuse you? Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 5:21 PM
BRZ

Gina Carano vs. Miesha Tate for contenders fight.

3/7/14 5:22 PM
JudoknowNothing

BRZ -

Sexiest weigh in EVER Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 5:29 PM
DreamerMMA
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

If they bring Carano back I'd hope they have her fight a match or two before throwing her in against a top contender or Rousey herself.

I imagine she'd like to work off some ring rust and prove she still belongs with the best before we all jump to conclusions and throw her to the sharks.

3/7/14 5:29 PM
soonertodd
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudoknowNothing - 
BRZ -

Sexiest fight EVER
3/7/14 5:43 PM
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soonertodd -
JudoknowNothing - 
BRZ -

Sexiest fight EVER
Scissor me timbers!
I agree. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 5:47 PM
theshooter

If Gina Carano returned to MMA fighting, it would be a mistake to book her against anyone other than Ronda Rousey right now. This fight would be a huge draw, and it would not be worth it to risk Gina losing to a lower level star, and then taking away an luster from a fight against Rousey.
3/7/14 5:49 PM
theshooter

The only way I could see booking Gina against another fighter than Rousey would be if Gina can't or won't make 135, or if Rousey won't come up from 135.

Gina is a couple of inches taller and naturally bigger than Rousey, but still, the two enough are close enough in size that either could go up or down or they could meet at a catchweight.
3/7/14 5:50 PM
something random
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - 
Figure4LegLock - Only fight for Gina is Rousey...she would get whipped by any contender out there right now which would screw up the $$$ grab that would be Rousey/Carano.

If she's as good as she used to be, she'd be top 5 in that division easily. Don't forget, she was working Cyborg for a while in their fight. And has some pretty good wins on her record. I'd love to see her fight Kaufman or Tate... and would pick her to win both of those fights.

A roided Cyborg too.
3/7/14 5:51 PM
Vader03
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think gina makes 135 Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 5:52 PM
MisterFixit
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soonertodd - 
JudoknowNothing - 
BRZ -

Sexiest fight EVER

A PPV I would consider paying for.

Wouldnt want to get caught fapping at the bar. Again.
3/7/14 5:58 PM
yunshan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC could possibly "lend" her to InvictaFC for a warm up match or two at 145 then bring her into UFC for 135 match. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 6:18 PM
hellride
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She would have a real hard time making 135, gina isn't a little chick. I miss watching her fight, boom boom was the best.
3/7/14 6:27 PM
Figure4LegLock

My goodness...anyone who thinks Carano has any chance against a top 5 woman at 135 or 145 is simply delusional based on her looks. While she has been gone for the last 5 years women like Davis, Tate, etc have all consistently working at their craft. If Carano comes back it's because of the 7 figures she would get from Zuffa not because she is looking to make a run at the title. Any of you learn anything from Hughes vs Gracie?
3/7/14 6:35 PM
MisterFixit
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duh
3/7/14 6:38 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina had better striking (a ton crisper and more disciplined) than most of wmma.

Guess what? She still does!

IF she could make 135 shed be top 5-7 imo Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 6:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda vs Gina just as has been rumored.

Melter called it and Joe hinted at a big announcement.

It's the logical move as Cat isn't healed and Cyborg isn't available and no one else is worth drawing money.

Ronda isn't the star Dana says and her PPV buys showed.

Total hotshot booking move to go with what could draw curiosity buys and help Ronda sell more than 300K. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.