UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight Pass is a scam!

3/7/14 9:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr_Honky
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate - 
Jake Allen McHam Burger - There's heaps of best of pride eps.... The whole service is a joke. The fight library is hardly what was promised. You can catch 2 affliction cards. I haven't seen a single Strikeforce or WEC fight in my searches. I don't think the U.S. has this problem because these cards won't be shown on tv there. Here and in NZ just about all cards other then PPV get shown on paid tv services. I suspect they signed a too open ended licensing agreement here a couple years ago and Fight Pass is suffering because of it.
I have a bunch of WEC on mine. Im on PC & Android, what are you using & where? Phone Post 3.0

And Strikeforce, Shoxc and EliteXc

3/7/14 9:16 PM
Mr_Honky
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Allen McHam Burger - I'm now a full subscriber to UFC Fight Pass.
I was certainly not impressed with the "extensive" fight library during the free trial but I figured they were holding some stuff back till it was a paid service.
Then on Monday I tried to watch Kim vs Hathaway, only to be told it would require an extra $10.
I assumed this was a mistake and emailed tech support.
This was their reply

"Hi

thank you for your inquiry

with the fight pass subscription you will not have access to the TUF events, PPV or PPV prelims you also do not have access to the
Gustafson vs Manuwa event. please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

thank you,

UFC.TV Support

Ticket Details
Department: UFC
Type: Issue
Priority: Normal"

So in Australia you basically get nothing for your money. I assume the issues are similar in NZ where their licensing deal with SkyTV is pretty much the same.

Kim vs Hathaway is on mine with no charge?

3/7/14 9:30 PM
Mulletron5000
1348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe any of this. I watched the Kim vs Hathaway fight as well as TUF China with no problem. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:34 PM
tonywsimpson
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there is a misunderstanding here. If you live in death zone Australia fight pass is broken. Everywhere else it's awesome. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 9:39 PM
Mr_Honky

tonywsimpson - I think there is a misunderstanding here. If you live in death zone Australia fight pass is broken. Everywhere else it's awesome. Phone Post 3.0

There is a ton of misinformation and rumors about FP that are complete BS.

3/7/14 10:10 PM
Jake Allen McHam Burger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mulletron5000 - I don't believe any of this. I watched the Kim vs Hathaway fight as well as TUF China with no problem. Phone Post 3.0

Are you in Australia?
I can now watch both those shows. I guess because they've already aired here.
But what's the point in the service if I have to wait a week to watch the Fight Pass cards which is specifically what I subscribed for?

Mr_Honky - that's the email copy and pasted straight from my gmail.
All I removed is the ID code. I'm not questioning the service in other countries. (Although I would be interested in other countries experiences)
I'm just saying the Fight Pass cards and TUF: Brazil are two of the main reason to subscribe and their not even included here. So basically I'm paying just for the fight library.
It's just greasy business practices.
3/7/14 10:22 PM
onandon

Oh, I should've posted in this thread.

It's bullshit! Only way I've been able to watch most of the cards this year has been through illegal streams - least that shit is reliable.
3/7/14 10:51 PM
jackbquick

Are the Wednesday night shows that air on FS1 in the US - UFC Tonight and that other one - available on Fight Pass?
3/7/14 11:13 PM
talkischeap
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep paying dummy Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 11:56 PM
dubate
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Allen McHam Burger -
Mulletron5000 - I don't believe any of this. I watched the Kim vs Hathaway fight as well as TUF China with no problem. Phone Post 3.0

Are you in Australia?
I can now watch both those shows. I guess because they've already aired here.
But what's the point in the service if I have to wait a week to watch the Fight Pass cards which is specifically what I subscribed for?

Mr_Honky - that's the email copy and pasted straight from my gmail.
All I removed is the ID code. I'm not questioning the service in other countries. (Although I would be interested in other countries experiences)
I'm just saying the Fight Pass cards and TUF: Brazil are two of the main reason to subscribe and their not even included here. So basically I'm paying just for the fight library.
It's just greasy business practices.
I think people are assuming it is the same everywhere. So when you say it is broken (which to be honest, Australia sounds completely fucked) they assume that it is like that for everyone. Phone Post 3.0
3/7/14 11:58 PM
Mulletron5000
1348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not in Australia, my apologies. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:29 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of people not reading the op properly is too dam high. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:30 AM
IROCK
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And yes as an Aussie fightpass sucks arse compared to what we were sold Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:33 AM
xDODZILLAx

i checked it out for a few days when it came out and canceled. took over 3 weeks to cancel. lol. fuckin eggs.
3/8/14 12:43 AM
AsimpleFan
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr_Honky -
tonywsimpson - I think there is a misunderstanding here. If you live in death zone Australia fight pass is broken. Everywhere else it's awesome. Phone Post 3.0

There is a ton of misinformation and rumors about FP that are complete BS.

Make a list. Set some of those wrongs, right. Can't wait to hear who wins the fights tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 12:45 AM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

NONURINAUMANA - Downloaded all Pride events in one giant torrent. Downloaded all UFC events in another giant torrent. PM me for enlightenment. Fight Pass: computer says no. Phone Post 3.0
How big was the file? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 1:16 AM
I Wild Each It
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck paying $10/mo to watch prelim fights, and fuck their half assed "fight library". While we're at it...fuck buying their watered down PPV's.

These motherfuckers haven't given the customer what they want for a while. But they want to continue to try and bleed every dime out of us?

They make promise after promise, and never fulfill them. Remember how they were going to make the Abu Dhabi disaster up to the fans? Or how they were going to pay Calgary back for the shit card they put on up there? Or all of the super fights they talk tons of shit about but never produce? The list goes on and on.

Also - They've strung themselves out so far with this global expansion shit, that it's made it impossible to follow anyway. You never know what channel they're on, or what time the broadcast is. And when you finally find the motherfucker, you sit thru 90 minutes of commercials to see 30 minutes of fighting.

But they expect us to continue digging into our pockets to pay more for their bullshit? I don't think so. The UFC is a clown show. ran by a greedy tyrant. It's smoke and mirrors...bait and switch. Dana can wrap FightPass and PPV's up in one of his trashbags, and shove them dead up Lorenzo's ass.
3/8/14 1:30 AM
NONURINAUMANA
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul_Blanka_Harris -
NONURINAUMANA - Downloaded all Pride events in one giant torrent. Downloaded all UFC events in another giant torrent. PM me for enlightenment. Fight Pass: computer says no. Phone Post 3.0
How big was the file? Phone Post 3.0
About 120 gigabyte and 80 gig for Pride pack. All events standard def. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 1:40 AM
tonywsimpson
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You either love it or you hate it. I guess it just depends on what kind of person you are. And where you live :p I don't like to complain, but I also don't pay for something if I don't think I'm getting my money's worth. That being said, so far I'd say fight pass is the bees knees and I'm satisfied with the product. Its been improving by the week. Besides it's only 10 bucks.... I'm broke as a joke and I can still fit that in my budget. Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:06 AM
RollHighAllDay

Ya but did you watch the old Dana vlog's? Tell me you at least watched the Dana vlog's? Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:23 AM
kiwi84
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was the same as the last tuf china final, couldn't get it on fight pass in aus. Thats when i cancelled my subscription and watched a stream. Fucking scam allright Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:25 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kazp306 - Is there much Pride up yet? I need someone who has it to tell meh... Phone Post 3.0
There's no pride events, just 'best of pride' tv show. They don't even have all the episodes up :/
I've gotta be honest though I'm content with everything on there, but if what op has said is true and we can't watch tonight's event live on fight pass over here in aus, then I'll be cancelling the subscription fa show! Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 3:56 AM
onandon

I was all for Fight Pass till this black out bullshit - I would even pay a little more to have access to all the non-PPV content, but in the state that it is right now, even at only $11ish or whatever it is for us a month, it's still a big rip off.
3/8/14 6:07 AM
choadler
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if the UFC has seen a little ripple of decreased earnings. I would be amazed if fight pass lasts. Their product is extremely over saturated right now (at least in markets that the ufc has been in for a while). Phone Post 3.0
3/8/14 6:21 AM
6ULDV8

Keys to the candy store!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.