UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bitter Twitter bicker: Pettis vs. The Punk

3/12/14 11:19 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis fights Gilbert Melendez following a stint as opposing coaches on The Ultimate Fighter. UFC lightweight contender Josh "The Punk" Thomson is recovering from hand surgery for injuries sustained vs. Benson Henderson in Jan.

However, although a fight between the pair is not imminent, the two never the less got in a Twitter bicker last night.

Norms @ItsNorms
@Showtimepettis he is hiding from @THEREALPUNK thats what's up.

Anthony Pettis @Showtimepettis
@ItsNorms @THEREALPUNK for sure I hate getting paid!!! Lol

Josh Thomson @THEREALPUNK
@Showtimepettis @ItsNorms i'll see ya soon lil guy.

Anthony Pettis @Showtimepettis
@THEREALPUNK when I come back running thru the whole top ten, hopefully ur still around!

Josh Thomson @THEREALPUNK
@Showtimepettis I like you, but you had your chance to fight me and you pulled out. So don't act tough now behind your keyboard kid.

TAP NAP SNAP ‏@Tap_Nap_Snap 
@THEREALPUNK @Showtimepettis Whatever happened to the days of shut up and fight? We as MMA fans miss the older schooled fighters!

Josh Thomson ‏@THEREALPUNK  
@Tap_Nap_Snap @Showtimepettis because NO ONE cared about mma before the Fertitta's bought the #ufc

TAP NAP SNAP ‏@Tap_Nap_Snap  
@THEREALPUNK @Showtimepettis Not entirely true. #noholdsbarred was the shit. Eventually the top guys will fight each other #notalkneeded

Here is another way to go about it.

Brad Pickett @One_Punch
Hey @Unclecreepymma you think you might be fit to fight for the 31th May in Berlin or 19th July in Ireland ? #unfinishedbusiness

Ian McCall @Unclecreepymma
@One_Punch ya I should be good by then. I'm fragile lately so don't wanna make any promises haha

So what do you think UG? Is pre fight trash talk on Twitter a necessary part of the landscape now?

3/12/14 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
papajoob
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 11:25 AM
civ77
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't even think Twitter is a necessary part of the landscape of society.
3/12/14 11:27 AM
sycotik
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter makes grown men sound like 13 yr old girls. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 11:28 AM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that was pretty heated..... Some real shots fired... Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 11:31 AM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your definition of bitter is different than mine Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 11:32 AM
UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#weeksauce
3/12/14 11:33 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lame Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 12:11 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real? Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 12:20 PM
zebers3
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Pickett and Creepy. That just sounded like two guys politely making plans to hang out.

3/12/14 12:24 PM
KidPittsburgh
871 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going down in the bathroom after lunch.
3/12/14 12:36 PM
Anishnabe
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" UFC lightweight contender Josh "The Punk" Thomson is recovering from hand surgery for injuries sustained during a title shot vs. then champ Benson Henderson in Jan."

Henderson wasn't the champ when they fought and it sure as hell wasn't a title fight Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:00 PM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

Really punk ? No pride love?? Well fuck you then Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:02 PM
DatSpiderLeg209
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something is wrong when a champion is called a keyboard warrior..
3/12/14 1:03 PM
Vulva Fabulous
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did my post really get deleted? Holy shit. Somebody asked who wrote the article because Henderson wasn't the champ when he fought Thompson and I replied that the UG Blog is never wrong and it was Zuffa that was wrong by not advertising it correctly. IT'S A JOKE! Why would you delete my post and the person that asked? Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:03 PM
Vulva Fabulous
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, you didn't delete the question, but my post? Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:37 PM
Damaynevent

DatSpiderLeg209 - Something is wrong when a champion is called a keyboard warrior..
Pettis is on the sideline quite a bit with injuries. What else should be called if he's arguing on twitter more than he's fighting? Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:45 PM
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#thatsucksmyballs Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 1:52 PM
vaginal tear
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think these fighters are at home, Get stoned and start twitter beefs.

Something to laugh about w their friends. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 2:10 PM
eye poke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Social media has made faggots of us all. Phone Post
3/12/14 2:13 PM
kingjames100
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU READ THAT SHIT?
3/12/14 2:17 PM
Rob San Soo

Yawn, prefights and trash talk suck nowadays Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 3:23 PM
willienugget

kingjames100 - HOW THE FUCK DO YOU READ THAT SHIT?

Bold part is the sender's name and twitter handle. Then @whoever@whoever are the recipients' twitter handles followed by the message.

3/12/14 4:08 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - Did my post really get deleted? Holy shit. Somebody asked who wrote the article because Henderson wasn't the champ when he fought Thompson and I replied that the UG Blog is never wrong and it was Zuffa that was wrong by not advertising it correctly. IT'S A JOKE! Why would you delete my post and the person that asked? Phone Post 3.0
Mine got deleted too. I quoted the post and now it's gone. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 4:09 PM
PrestigeWorldwide

Anishnabe - " UFC lightweight contender Josh "The Punk" Thomson is recovering from hand surgery for injuries sustained during a title shot vs. then champ Benson Henderson in Jan."

Henderson wasn't the champ when they fought and it sure as hell wasn't a title fight Phone Post 3.0
This is not the original post Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.