UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Dolce a bro-scientist?

3/14/14 7:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I Wild Each It
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/14 7:26 PM

Snake oil salesman? Or legit? I know Johnny likes to eat that Texas BBQ, dip Grizzly, and pound some beers on the lake when he isn't fighting...but fuck...Dolce is paid to get this motherfucker to 170 at weigh-ins. Is Hendricks the first Dolce fighter to miss weight? I honestly cant remember.
3/14/14 7:29 PM
Samoa
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dolce is legit. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:30 PM
dhughes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not a scientist. However, his success success over the years speaks for itself. Phone Post 3.0
greenseed
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He made weight, bro; science.

dhughes
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There must be an echo in here tonight tonight. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:34 PM
I Wild Each It
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - There must be an echo in here tonight tonight. Phone Post 3.0

LOL, my bad guys. I'm already 7 beers into the night because of these fucking conference games on TV. I wasn't trying to dog Dolce...just fucking around mostly to see what people's opinions would be.
3/14/14 7:41 PM
Stea1th
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely bro science Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:42 PM
LyotoBundy
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's legit Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:45 PM
jude099
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the Lloyd Irvin of dieting.
3/14/14 7:56 PM
Capnsavem
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - He's not a scientist. However, his success success over the years speaks for itself. Phone Post 3.0
His success has had success.

Now that's successful. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:58 PM
Caught_clean
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 7:59 PM
Milk Machine
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They had a lighter scale at the weigh ins, happens all the time in high school wrestling weigh ins but i would think at this level they would check there scales to the one being used ahead of time. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 8:07 PM
esque
495 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, his only credentials are his athletes, as he has little or no education in the field. The fact that Hendricks didn't make weight at first attempt reflects poorly on him as everytime someone questions his knowledge he points to the fact that his athletes always makes weight.

I won't call him a broscientist, but I can understand that one would. He ofte cite media articles as "science" on his podcast and sometimes makes weird statements which I think is more due to his passion about what he does more than actual lack of knowledge. He also likes to exaggerate, particularly numbers. He's done "hundreds of thousands of this" and recommends "thousands and thousands of that".

I consider him an authority on coaching with a knack for diet, but in my eyes he's not a nutritional guru by any means. He will however have a real scientist with a real knack for diet on his podcast and that will be pretty entertaining as their views differ greatly.

3/14/14 8:07 PM
dhughes

Capnsavem - 
dhughes - He's not a scientist. However, his success success over the years speaks for itself. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.
3/14/14 8:09 PM
Samoa
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caught_clean - Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
He's not a count calories guy. If you listen to his podcasts he (at least used to) end every one of them with "Don't count calories, make calories count." Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 8:10 PM
esque
495 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa - 
Caught_clean - Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
He's not a count calories guy. If you listen to his podcasts he (at least used to) end every one of them with "Don't count calories, make calories count." Phone Post 3.0

He still does.

3/14/14 8:21 PM
esque

In UFC 171 Fight Journal: Johny Hendricks you can see part of the weight cut. Dolce explains part of the process. He also reveals his own "less than 7 percent bodyfat physique".

3/14/14 8:28 PM
ISawSilva'sBONEr

Losing weight isn't complicated.

He's just a brand name trying to get exposure. Wouldn't suprise me if he paid the big name fighters to tell everyone Dolce is a genius. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 8:31 PM
Mr Sizzzz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the definition of scientist? That's the opposite of what he is Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 9:00 PM
Bootsy Collins
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Sizzzz - What's the definition of scientist? That's the opposite of what he is Phone Post 3.0

He's a church-goer now on top of everything else!? :)
3/14/14 9:05 PM
WestCoastKid

Lloyd Irvin of dieting on TRT imo

What are his prerequisite qualifications that make him qualified?
3/14/14 9:22 PM
Bootsy Collins
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestCoastKid - Lloyd Irvin of dieting on TRT imo

What are his prerequisite qualifications that make him qualified?

In fairness his results speak better than any many 'qualifications'
3/14/14 9:36 PM
Blunderhooks
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Milk Machine - They had a lighter scale at the weigh ins, happens all the time in high school wrestling weigh ins but i would think at this level they would check there scales to the one being used ahead of time. Phone Post 3.0
That's what the 1lb discretion is for.

You are supposed to make 170lb and the 171lb limit is to account for potential scale inaccuracy.

So there's no excuse. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 9:40 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blunderhooks - 
Milk Machine - They had a lighter scale at the weigh ins, happens all the time in high school wrestling weigh ins but i would think at this level they would check there scales to the one being used ahead of time. Phone Post 3.0
That's what the 1lb discretion is for.

You are supposed to make 170lb and the 171lb limit is to account for potential scale inaccuracy.

So there's no excuse. Phone Post 3.0

The +1 lb over the limit discretion doesn't exist for title fights, however. You have to be EXACTLY on or under.
3/14/14 9:50 PM
Judontkneedthisname3744

Capnsavem -

Hopefully his successor can be as successful as his success has been. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.