UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Dolce a bro-scientist?

3/14/14 10:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
knee smash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard some of the stuff on podcasts and he's not immune to saying some stupid shit
3/14/14 10:14 PM
Caught_clean
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

esque - 
Samoa - 
Caught_clean - Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
He's not a count calories guy. If you listen to his podcasts he (at least used to) end every one of them with "Don't count calories, make calories count." Phone Post 3.0

He still does.

This, it still goes over hitting your calorie cap for the day to lose x amount of weight. Its the only way to lose real weight, and his book was nothing revolutionary to me, good diet plans but a lot of common knowledge.
3/14/14 10:21 PM
Caught_clean
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Errr what I meant was it absolutely make you count calories.
3/14/14 10:30 PM
Chrismac902

Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 
Caught_clean - Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
He's not a count calories guy. If you listen to his podcasts he (at least used to) end every one of them with "Don't count calories, make calories count." Phone Post 3.0

He still does.

This, it still goes over hitting your calorie cap for the day to lose x amount of weight. Its the only way to lose real weight, and his book was nothing revolutionary to me, good diet plans but a lot of common knowledge.

He repeatedly says his information is common knowledge, and its based on eating earth grown nutrients which is obviously common knowledge to anyone that knows anything about healthy eating. Also your "thoughts" on having to burn more calories then you eat as the only real way to lose weight is just idiotic. I eat 6 meals a day and only do a 45 minute ufc fit workout a day, have lost 25 pounds of fat while adding lean muscle in the last 4 months.
3/14/14 10:41 PM
pcuzz
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - Snake oil salesman? Or legit? I know Johnny likes to eat that Texas BBQ, dip Grizzly, and pound some beers on the lake when he isn't fighting...but fuck...Dolce is paid to get this motherfucker to 170 at weigh-ins. Is Hendricks the first Dolce fighter to miss weight? I honestly cant remember.

He made the weight.
3/14/14 10:45 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chrismac902 -
Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 

He still does.

He repeatedly says his information is common knowledge, and its based on eating earth grown nutrients which is obviously common knowledge to anyone that knows anything about healthy eating. Also your "thoughts" on having to burn more calories then you eat as the only real way to lose weight is just idiotic. I eat 6 meals a day and only do a 45 minute ufc fit workout a day, have lost 25 pounds of fat while adding lean muscle in the last 4 months.
Burning more than you put in is LITERALLY the only way to lose weight without surgery. You may eat 6 meals a day and do only one work out, but you're still eating under maintenance if you're losing weight. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 10:49 PM
Caught_clean

Chrismac902 - 
Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 

He still does.

HHAHAHAHAHA

For real though I know you are kidding. But its all good, you are right he does say that in his book, its actually a good book I just agree its nothing earth shattering, and I still use some of the meal plans.
3/14/14 10:56 PM
OCMikey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It -
dhughes - There must be an echo in here tonight tonight. Phone Post 3.0

LOL, my bad guys. I'm already 7 beers into the night because of these fucking conference games on TV. I wasn't trying to dog Dolce...just fucking around mostly to see what people's opinions would be.
You're OP is legit...VU Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 11:16 PM
Chrismac902

GriffinQ - 
Chrismac902 -
Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 

He still does.

Burning more than you put in is LITERALLY the only way to lose weight without surgery. You may eat 6 meals a day and do only one work out, but you're still eating under maintenance if you're losing weight. Phone Post 3.0

not when you adding lean muscle in that time frame, maybe if weight loss is your only goal then yes burning more calories then you consume would be the only way. But it is common knowledge and scientifically proven that to maximize muscle gains you should be eating more calories then you consume.

By your logic if someone ate 2000 calories in mcdonalds and potato chips in a day, and then spaced those 2000 calories over 6 meals that included oats, chicken, asparagus, fruits and vegetables that they wouldnt lose any body fat from that? keeping in mind that they kept their daily routine the same? apparently trans fat has no effect on weight loss!
3/14/14 11:22 PM
Chrismac902

Caught_clean - 
Chrismac902 - 
Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 

He still does.

HHAHAHAHAHA

For real though I know you are kidding. But its all good, you are right he does say that in his book, its actually a good book I just agree its nothing earth shattering, and I still use some of the meal plans.

the book is actually better for the read itself then the diet plan, but the cookbook has some pretty tasty recipes in there.
3/14/14 11:23 PM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares? He's done wonders for a lot of athletes. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 11:35 PM
MushroomHead
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins -
WestCoastKid - Lloyd Irvin of dieting on TRT imo

What are his prerequisite qualifications that make him qualified?

In fairness his results speak better than any many 'qualifications'
I kind of agree with this.

My uncle runs an incredibly successful welding business and is a great welder. He's better at running a business and welding thanks the hundreds of thousands of ppl "certified" in running a business (with their fancy business degrees) or welding (with their welding certificates from trade schools).

Results speak for themselves, and if he was selling snake-oil, I doubt he'd have so many fighters keep coming to him and dozens more knocking on his door for help. Phone Post 3.0
3/14/14 11:44 PM
Chrismac902

MushroomHead - 
Bootsy Collins -
WestCoastKid - Lloyd Irvin of dieting on TRT imo

What are his prerequisite qualifications that make him qualified?

In fairness his results speak better than any many 'qualifications'
I kind of agree with this.

My uncle runs an incredibly successful welding business and is a great welder. He's better at running a business and welding thanks the hundreds of thousands of ppl "certified" in running a business (with their fancy business degrees) or welding (with their welding certificates from trade schools).

Results speak for themselves, and if he was selling snake-oil, I doubt he'd have so many fighters keep coming to him and dozens more knocking on his door for help. Phone Post 3.0

not to mention continuing to pick up top athletes like rousey.
3/15/14 1:18 AM
Caught_clean

Chrismac902 - 
GriffinQ - 
Chrismac902 -
Caught_clean - 
esque - 
Samoa - 

He still does.

not when you adding lean muscle in that time frame, maybe if weight loss is your only goal then yes burning more calories then you consume would be the only way. But it is common knowledge and scientifically proven that to maximize muscle gains you should be eating more calories then you consume.

By your logic if someone ate 2000 calories in mcdonalds and potato chips in a day, and then spaced those 2000 calories over 6 meals that included oats, chicken, asparagus, fruits and vegetables that they wouldnt lose any body fat from that? keeping in mind that they kept their daily routine the same? apparently trans fat has no effect on weight loss!

I know what you are trying to say, and I promised I would drop it because people don't quit even when wrong in these arguments, but putting on muscle involves eating excess calories like you said, and 99% of the time you will put on fat with that muscle. Its just the way it works (without some chemical help) you then bulk up to a good size and then go on a cut to cut the fat and show some of the new lean muscle. You cannot lose 25 lbs of fat without eating under your caloric maintenance. It defies the laws of thermodynamics and its not argument.

I have no doubt you did some hard work and lost some weight and maybe gained a bit of muscle, good for you, those are refereed to as "noob gains" because its almost impossible to do later on, but you ate eat less calories then you were burning, its not a debate and if you added up your exercise and the calories you ate you would see that, but you wont. Guy you quoted is 100% correct.
3/15/14 1:21 AM
Caught_clean

And just to add, I have gone from 165 to 190 bulking up, and then cut down to 168 for bjj tourneys (no water cut) more then once. I have "bulked" and "cut" several times, its a long road and I did it by lifting weights and counting calories, or cardio and counting calories for cutting. You cannot get around your calorie maintenance regardless of what broscience you read, books like the Dolce diet just show you how to do it the best and most healthy way possible, to get the most out of the calories you get per day.
3/15/14 1:27 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 1:38 AM
Caught_clean

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Nope Phone Post 3.0

I have the book in front of me. Tell me where I am wrong? obviously theres more details on diet plans etc, but every day before the fight hes cutting more calories from the total and adding more protein.
3/15/14 1:44 AM
Chrismac902

Caught_clean - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Nope Phone Post 3.0

I have the book in front of me. Tell me where I am wrong? obviously theres more details on diet plans etc, but every day before the fight hes cutting more calories from the total and adding more protein.

thats probably 3 weeks to shredded then which is a drastic weight loss program specified for 3 week short term weight loss, living lean is completely different and doesnt focus on lowering calories over a week by week basis but rather a whole eating and lifestyle change. Noe theres no debate i eat less calories then i did in the past but i have a very hard time believing im burning between 1500 - 2000 calories in a 45 minute workout using mainly body weight and 20lb dumbbells i may be wrong though.
3/15/14 1:46 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just like any nutritionist, nothing special. Overcharges for a basic service that with a little research can be replicated

All diet gurus are snake oil salesman Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 1:48 AM
Caught_clean

Chrismac902 - 
Caught_clean - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Nope Phone Post 3.0

thats probably 3 weeks to shredded then which is a drastic weight loss program specified for 3 week short term weight loss, living lean is completely different and doesnt focus on lowering calories over a week by week basis but rather a whole eating and lifestyle change. Noe theres no debate i eat less calories then i did in the past but i have a very hard time believing im burning between 1500 - 2000 calories in a 45 minute workout using mainly body weight and 20lb dumbbells i may be wrong though.

Yea probably not 1500-2000 but but probably enough + you are burning them all day + sleeping of course, if you have a physical job you are burning a lot there to. The 6 meals are probably healthy and not insane calorie dense, thats the thing, I could eat 1500 calories all day of shit food and feel like crap and still lose weight, or I could 1500 calories spaced out of good healthy food, feel good and still lose weight. Thats the key really. Sorry if I came of confrontational earlier.
3/15/14 1:49 AM
Caught_clean

And FWIW I think Dolces stuff is great, I use some of the meals when I cut weight still. I am just saying there is no super secret magic in them or anything.
3/15/14 1:51 AM
Chrismac902

Caught_clean - 
Chrismac902 - 
Caught_clean - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Nope Phone Post 3.0

Yea probably not 1500-2000 but but probably enough + you are burning them all day + sleeping of course, if you have a physical job you are burning a lot there to. The 6 meals are probably healthy and not insane calorie dense, thats the thing, I could eat 1500 calories all day of shit food and feel like crap and still lose weight, or I could 1500 calories spaced out of good healthy food, feel good and still lose weight. Thats the key really. Sorry if I came of confrontational earlier.

no worries man i dont take internet debates to heart enjoy the fights tomorrow!
3/15/14 1:53 AM
Chrismac902

there definitely is no secret at all and to be perfectly honest the only reason i even started using his books is because his association to ufc/mma
3/15/14 2:05 AM
MushroomHead
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonOfThePeepHole - He's just like any nutritionist, nothing special. Overcharges for a basic service that with a little research can be replicated

All diet gurus are snake oil salesman Phone Post 3.0
This is like that long thread at bodybuilding.com where ppl were shitting all over him.

If its easy to replicate, you and them should have no trouble elevating your life and career following in his footsteps to becoming one of the most sought after trainers in MMA instead of just being some random internet message board poster.

Just one actual MMA fighter complimenting him is worth more than 10,000 random message board posters shitting on him, in my book. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 2:35 AM
ISawSilva'sBONEr

Lol at losing weight without being in a deficit.

Thermodynamics, how do they work? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.