UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Dolce a bro-scientist?

3/15/14 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pleepleus - He should have stuck with Joe Weider's Opti-Fuel II or "Cybergenics" Phone Post 3.0

Hot Stuff....it's got real steroids in it

3/15/14 10:49 AM
Bobby Lupo
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simen - 
Bobby Lupo -
Simen - I have no idea about Dolce, but in a community where Lloyd Irvin could be hailed as a brilliant marketer and Dana White a genious promoter, it doesnt seem to take much to convince people you are some kind of expert. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. Phone Post 3.0

Crazy Monkey, Club Bells, Green Powder, Magnets....MMA people love a good gimmick

Lol...you forgot training mask! Phone Post 3.0

Jesus, that's the best/worst one. 

3/15/14 11:04 AM
Pleepleus
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He gave him too much horny goat weed! Damn you HGW!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 11:07 AM
Pleepleus
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
Pleepleus - He should have stuck with Joe Weider's Opti-Fuel II or "Cybergenics" Phone Post 3.0

That's awesome! You know I erased Hot Stuff and put Cybergenics right before I posted because I thought the HS reference was too obscure Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 11:18 AM
andyloveshugs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

esque - 

In UFC 171 Fight Journal: Johny Hendricks you can see part of the weight cut. Dolce explains part of the process. He also reveals his own "less than 7 percent bodyfat physique".

does he really say that in the video? dudes around 13% bodyfat if that. 

3/15/14 11:20 AM
esque
485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He states it in virtually every podcast. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 12:18 PM
Bobby Lupo

Pleepleus -
Bobby Lupo -

That's awesome! You know I erased Hot Stuff and put Cybergenics right before I posted because I thought the HS reference was too obscure Phone Post 3.0
Awesome. I bought a bunch if that freshman year. I was 6'2" and weighed 175. I needed to get to HW and away from the good wrestlers in the 150s-180s.

I swore that it worked Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 12:57 PM
ufc98newb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chrismac902 - 
Caught_clean - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Caught_clean - Read his book, cant speak on his weight cutting part but the diet stuff looked super stadard. High protien and cut calories. Phone Post 3.0
Nope Phone Post 3.0

I have the book in front of me. Tell me where I am wrong? obviously theres more details on diet plans etc, but every day before the fight hes cutting more calories from the total and adding more protein.

thats probably 3 weeks to shredded then which is a drastic weight loss program specified for 3 week short term weight loss, living lean is completely different and doesnt focus on lowering calories over a week by week basis but rather a whole eating and lifestyle change. Noe theres no debate i eat less calories then i did in the past but i have a very hard time believing im burning between 1500 - 2000 calories in a 45 minute workout using mainly body weight and 20lb dumbbells i may be wrong though.

you've got to figure in basal metabolic rate, broski. the average person burns roughly 2000 calories per day at rest (give or take a few hundred, depending on size and other factors). Take Those ~2k calories along with the calories you lose from actual physical activity, then subtract your food intake to determine your caloric deficit for the day.
3/15/14 1:46 PM
CrudeRudeDude

MMA Lives Here -
CrudeRudeDude -
MMA Lives Here - Yes. He has no qualifications. Literally none Phone Post 3.0
Hey MMA Lives Here,

I'm just curious as to why the hate for Mike. You seem to be shitting on him in every thread which talks about the Hendricks weight cut. Has he wronged you in any way? Phone Post 3.0
lol why the Dolce white knights, he's not a fighter. I like talking smack on here. Vote me down if you need to fren Phone Post 3.0
Not going to vote you down bro. I respect your opinion but was just curious about how you came about it that's all. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 2:19 PM
MushroomHead
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
CrudeRudeDude -
MMA Lives Here - Yes. He has no qualifications. Literally none Phone Post 3.0
Hey MMA Lives Here,

I'm just curious as to why the hate for Mike. You seem to be shitting on him in every thread which talks about the Hendricks weight cut. Has he wronged you in any way? Phone Post 3.0
lol why the Dolce white knights, he's not a fighter. I like talking smack on here. Vote me down if you need to fren Phone Post 3.0
I wish more ppl were this open, because then you'd know you're arguing/debating someone with a personality disorder as opposed to a person with an actual opinion. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 2:24 PM
Pleepleus

Bobby Lupo -
Pleepleus -
Bobby Lupo -

Awesome. I bought a bunch if that freshman year. I was 6'2" and weighed 175. I needed to get to HW and away from the good wrestlers in the 150s-180s.

I swore that it worked Phone Post 3.0
I'm 41 now, but I used Hot Stuff in high school because I was 5'8" 145lbs and was cleanup hitter. I also used to buy the Joe Weider weight gain too (I forget what it was called), but I would add chocolate sauce and ice cream. I swore all of it worked Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 2:26 PM
Ew0k187

ISawSilva'sBONEr - Can someone explain to me what eating earth grown nutrients has to do with weight loss. I'm confused. Phone Post 3.0
It has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. The "earth-grown" bullshit is a novelty made for the diet in order for it to make it stand out from other diets. However, it's pure and absolute bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 2:38 PM
MushroomHead
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ew0k187 -
ISawSilva'sBONEr - Can someone explain to me what eating earth grown nutrients has to do with weight loss. I'm confused. Phone Post 3.0
It has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. The "earth-grown" bullshit is a novelty made for the diet in order for it to make it stand out from other diets. However, it's pure and absolute bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
"Earth grown nutrients" is Dolce's term for eating primarily fresh fruits and vegetables along with lean meats and clean carb sources. He uses that term because traditionally the term "whole foods" has been used for that same thing, but it gets confusing now days with "Whole Foods" stores because they sell a bunch of processed garbage.

Of the Dolce things to call bullshit on, you've picked the least bullshit thing he preaches. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 5:44 PM
WoodenPupa
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/15/14 5:44 PM
I heard Dolce used to Hunt mannequins, and fed and clothed himself with the plastic hides.

Haters can ask themselves all day long why mannequins have almost 0% body fat.

You want success, you look at what works, and then EAT it.
3/15/14 5:48 PM
Bobby Lupo

MushroomHead - 
Ew0k187 -
"Earth grown nutrients" is Dolce's term for eating primarily fresh fruits and vegetables along with lean meats and clean carb sources. He uses that term because traditionally the term "whole foods" has been used for that same thing, but it gets confusing now days with "Whole Foods" stores because they sell a bunch of processed garbage.

Of the Dolce things to call bullshit on, you've picked the least bullshit thing he preaches. Phone Post 3.0

Seriously, that's the one takeaway from Dolce that everyone should be doing.

3/15/14 7:24 PM
Bobby Lupo

I saw Dolce fight in Jersey years ago. It was like he was shot out of a cannon. Phil Baroni was a slow starter in comparison. Mikey Sweet sparked some kid.

3/15/14 7:30 PM
Samoa
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
MushroomHead - 
Ew0k187 -

No, Dolce said it so it HAS to be bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 8:29 PM
CAT DAMMIT
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like it or not, he's legit. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 8:37 PM
rbl
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro science as fuck but I'd rather have Mike Dolce helping me make weight than some pudgy physiology professor. It's not like dehydrating yourself temporarily is a particularly well researched field. Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 8:48 PM
whoabro

WoodenPupa - I heard Dolce used to Hunt mannequins, and fed and clothed himself with the plastic hides.

Hard to argue with this kind of no-nonsense logic!! Phone Post 3.0
3/15/14 10:03 PM
Bobby Lupo

He knows fitness and weight cutting. The expensive pamphlet sized book was a cheesy move. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:35 AM
Jive Turkey

Nutritionist is to Dietitian
What Mayor McCheese is to Chef
3/16/14 2:57 AM
WoodenPupa
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro - 
WoodenPupa - I heard Dolce used to Hunt mannequins, and fed and clothed himself with the plastic hides.

Hard to argue with this kind of no-nonsense logic!! Phone Post 3.0

It comes with age, and honestly, I'm just glad I can give back.

I always tell young kids to walk backwards up the dusty staircase while singing with a gold-winged trophy in hand.

It tells the mannequins not to fuck with you, that you have arrived and whatnot. That this is your neighborhood, your town, all that James Toney shit.

Basically this is what Dolce has been preaching for years, but in the form of a diet.
3/16/14 4:05 AM
Kneeblock
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't knock Dolce for finding his angle. He benefits from the fact that many fighters lack discipline. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 4:14 AM
Ew0k187

Samoa -
Bobby Lupo -
MushroomHead - 
Ew0k187 -

No, Dolce said it so it HAS to be bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
Okay, so what you're saying is renaming "fresh fruits and vegetables along with lean meats and clean carb sources" as earth grown nutrients and selling them as you're own unique diet isn't bullshit? Lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.