UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> No robbery, but Lawler won IMO

3/16/14 1:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YourStoryisCoolBro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem was, the judges gave close rounds to Hendricks as if he WAS the champ. I personally had it 4-1. I'm not gonna cry about it but I think Lawler is your new WW champ.

I also thought the mention of 1-1 (in last 2) Rory was absolutely tacky and lost a TON of respect for Hogan. (Rogan I know)

Lawler was class, which for some reason was surprising to me, I think he will have more to say after watching the fight.

One side note, I knew better than to watch this fight with sound, and by the looks of it, Hogan was as biased as ever. He's got to go. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:33 AM
bruised
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Lawler, but he lost on the cards. I'm not going to lie, I like Hendricks too, and was rooting for him.

Hendricks took 1, 2 and 5. I'll give you 1 is arguable, but 2 was unquestionably Hendricks. I don't think anyone will argue that Lawler did do more overall damage though. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:34 AM
JamyS26
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Completely agree. Don't think it was a robbery, but had lawler winning myself. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:35 AM
AWdub

YourStoryisCoolBro - The problem was, the judges gave close rounds to Hendricks as if he WAS the champ. I personally had it 4-1. I'm not gonna cry about it but I think Lawler is your new WW champ.

I also thought the mention of 1-1 (in last 2) Rory was absolutely tacky and lost a TON of respect for Hogan. (Rogan I know)

Lawler was class, which for some reason was surprising to me, I think he will have more to say after watching the fight.

One side note, I knew better than to watch this fight with sound, and by the looks of it, Hogan was as biased as ever. He's got to go. Phone Post 3.0
4-1? Yeah I need some of whatever you are on. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:35 AM
stainlesssteel

I was just overjoyed to see Mr Arrogance get his ass handed to him in the 4th. I think that re match with GSP is dead in the water now. I give Johnny Hendricks credit for toughing it out when Lawler almost put him to sleep, but it was great to see him get jacked up and bring his head back to earth for a bit. He might be champ but I can't imagine who's clamoring now to see him fight.

3/16/14 1:48 AM
YourStoryisCoolBro

AWdub -
YourStoryisCoolBro - The problem was, the judges gave close rounds to Hendricks as if he WAS the champ. I personally had it 4-1. I'm not gonna cry about it but I think Lawler is your new WW champ.

4-1? Yeah I need some of whatever you are on. Phone Post 3.0
It's what I'm NOT on that you should try... And that's being swayed by hogans bias Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 1:54 AM
SpicyTaco20

I disagree, but I thank you for not acting like a fucking retard like most of these assholes on this forum. I felt Johnny definitely won 2,5. Did you just give him 2 OP? Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:00 AM
stonepony

JH clearly won.
3/16/14 2:04 AM
Feelz Good

Hendricks clearly won, you're nuts. I wanted Robbie to win, but he only won two rounds. The problem is that he was more dominant in the two rounds he won than Hendricks was in the three he won.
If it were Pride judging, it could've gone either way, By unified rules. Johny clearly won. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:05 AM
SupesUp
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved the fight. I had round one for Robbie but it's hard, everyone has a little bias, I would have to watch again.
I was overly impressed with lawlers head movement, in those first two round all the combos Johnny was putting together really did little damage.
Super impressive from both guys. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:13 AM
slamming

I watched it at a bar without being able to hear the commentary and I, along with what appeared to be everyone else, had lawler winning that fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:14 AM
YourStoryisCoolBro

I gave evenly matched rounds to the guy who negated his opponents strong suit, which was Lawler stuffing take downs Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:14 AM
octo_dad
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, was rooting for Robbie but can see how JH got the nod, it came down to the one punch that rocked Robbie in the 5th then the takedown. Totally agree with the commentary, very biased and annoying. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.