UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan's incessant need to counter Goldberg.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/16/14 2:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KimuraTwist
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever notice how Rogan almost never agrees with Goldberg? I believe part of the role of commentators is to offer a cohesive flow and consistent outlook of the fight/fighters. It bothers me how Rogan brings Goldbergs view to a halt by immediately giving a counter-point to his statements.

I get having different perspectives but Rogan just comes off like his opinion is the more accurate one a lot of the time.

An example in the Condit Woodly fight would be when Goldberg said "condit is a versitle striker" and rogan immediately follows with "he's not just a versatile striker hes a versatile fighter" with emphasis to stamp his point home. At the end of the fight Goldberg to expresses that its a shame the fight ended the way it did (very reasonable).Rogan immediately counters with its not a shame for Woodley.

Everything Joe says is valid but its not the best choice of words as an announcer. All Rogan does is lower goldbergs view which causes a sense of disunity between the two to me. They don't compliment each other as well as say Mike Anik and Kenny Florian (they have their faults as well) or even dan hardy and the guy with bow tie.

Goldberg has been pigeonholed by Rogan into a role of the casual observer who doesn't have the same authority as him to offer an informed analysis of the fights. Anyone else see these pattern?

For the record I think Rogan believes his counter opinions are always beneficial and probably doesn't realize he gives off this vibe.
3/16/14 2:32 AM
TFK_SickEye
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He does the exact same thing to his guests on the podcast.

Why do you think they gave him a show named "Joe Rogan Questions Everything"?!

3/16/14 2:33 AM
smags
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Anik is a jerk and a big fat phoney! Mike Anik you stink! Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:36 AM
darthballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Incest is illegal!!!!!
3/16/14 2:36 AM
chilz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan is correcting or covering for Goldy's idiotic comments 90% of the time. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:37 AM
dubate
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That being said, Goldie claiming that Shields hadn't been knocked down in 12 years was a statement that Rogan could not in good conscience let stand. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 2:40 AM
KimuraTwist
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TFK_SickEye - 

He does the exact same thing to his guests on the podcast.

Why do you think they gave him a show named "Joe Rogan Questions Everything"?!

I get that's part of who he is but he could tone it down a bit when he's commentating.

Also he needs to do that on his podcast to get more info out of them. He doesn't accomplish anything the way he responds to Goldberg at times.
3/16/14 3:05 AM
chadp
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- Goldie: Ronda Rousey in the building!!
- Joe: Nick Diaz is with her.
3/16/14 3:17 AM
Jeff Rockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Austin, TX
Years ago, Goldie once boldly asserted that Travis Lutter was the "Michael Jordan of BJJ".

It may have been at this point, I think, that Joe decided he would call him out on everything he says, always, until the very end of time. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 3:59 AM
TheBearStare
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - Goldie is the UFC cuckoo clock. He has a set number of phrases, that he will say. When he goes off script Rogan shames him.

Just sayin'. Phone Post
Best description ever Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 4:00 AM
Errk

OP should complain some more. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 4:01 AM
Brian McLaughlin
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Jake Shields had not been dropped in 8 years"

"No, Dan Henderson dropped him"

3/16/14 4:03 AM
ChaosOverkill
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldberg = Toned down Bill Mays who hasn't seemed to catch on or he is really not slick at playing the "Average newb fan but also a commentator." angle

3/16/14 4:03 AM
Devlin
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked thay rogan was going through the list of big strong guys shields beat and goldberg named ellenberger. haha. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 4:04 AM
rgONE
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz - Rogan is correcting or covering for Goldy's idiotic comments 90% of the time. Phone Post 3.0
this. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 4:21 AM
NutJobJim
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get what you're saying, but for the most part Rogan is usually right.
Love Goldberg and don't want him to go anywhere but also glad that Rogan is there commentating with him... Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 5:11 AM
Jewellio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed this too, but if goldie didn't say such dumb stuff sometimes, joe wouldn't need to correct him!! Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 5:12 AM
austinjames427

It's not a contradiction. He is saying you are right and what's more is this. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 5:14 AM
BookOfReason

I'll agree. It dies give off a vibe at times.
It's the same on the podcast , Joes opinion is the right one. Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 5:26 AM
SOO72

Sometimes he does quailfy it with an "...I think"
3/16/14 5:33 AM
ChaosOverkill
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fish are known to carry live babies"

"Uhh no Mike they lay eggs"

"We'll they're live in the egg *chuckle*"

"Sure Plato, whatever you say"

3/16/14 5:38 AM
Predator Pierre
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

austinjames427 - It's not a contradiction. He is saying you are right and what's more is this. Phone Post 3.0
This.. The only time last night I noticed got a bit awkward was when goldie tried to make a point of Royce being very strong.. And joe was saying well he used good technique it wasn't really strength and he just shut goldies point down which I believe is needed sometimes! Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 6:04 AM
forever white belt

OP, would you like some sand with your vagina? Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 6:09 AM
warez
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31Vu6B9MFI

Golberg "When you hear that, you know they're speaking Portuguese"

Rogan "No, that's Japanese brother."

Golberg "Oh, really thank you. I should've known that."

Rogan "You're the one married to a Japanese chick."

This is Gold.... berg!
3/16/14 6:18 AM
Soup and Beer
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldberg: "And here we have the best commentator in the business, Joe Rogan"

Rogan" "Actually no, I suck Mike."

Golberg: "You are right Joe, you aren't that good."

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.