UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hello, friends

3/16/14 11:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Rogan
1142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead of posting in the many post UFC threads that people make complaining about me after an event I thought it might serve the spirit of discussion better if I start my own.

The main complaint I've heard about last night was that I didn't give Lombard enough credit.  I LOVE that dude.  He's scary as fuck, and when he's blitzkrieging you he's one of the most frightening motherfuckers on earth.  That said, I think he only did enough to win on a night where he should have been trying to sell himself as a guy we want to see challenge for the title.  He was clearly winning the fight, but his own corner was screaming at him to fight during the last round.  Winning is certainly the most important thing for a fighter, and he certainly did that.  No one has ever handled Jake the way Hector did.  His judo was a thing of beauty.  I just think he coasted too much in an important showcase fight.

Picking Rory over the other contenders to challenge for the title next was another complaint.  The production had a list of fighters that are listed in the top contenders that they wanted me to pick one guy to challenge the title after the end of the event.  It's only my opinion and it certainly doesn't mean that fighter will get the next shot.  The reason I went with Rory is what I stated:  I thought Woodley looked awesome, but the reality is Carlos blew his knee out on the take down and then it gave out when Tyron kicked him.  Tyron was really impressive in the opening of the 1st with his insane speed and ability to close the distance and I would LOVE to see him fight anyone.  For the title or not.  The guy is a stud.  It was just my opinion given the information in front of me after that event that if I had to choose  one guy I would have to go wih Rory.

No one asked me to choose Rory, no one pressured me in any way or influenced me in any way.  It's just my opinion.  I would love to see Dong Hyun Kim in the mix as well.  They didn't have him on the short list of guys, but I would like to see him fight any of the people I just mentioned, for the title or not.  Matt Brown is another guy in the mix.  He hurt his back recently, but I'm hoping he can heal up and get back in the running.

Anyway, I want to say I always appreciate the feedback from you guys because you motherfuckers are the real hard core fans and I'm one of you.  I value your opinion as a whole very much.  We might not all agree on certain things but I think that the one thing we all have in common here for the most part is that we're all hard core MMA fans and I feel it is a great honor to have the privelige of repersenting us.  The feedback from fans and especially the feedback from this forum in particular has made me a much better commentator, and positive or negative I appreciate it very much.

Also an interesting little tidbit, someone said I seemed "off" at the weigh ins, and there's kind of a funny story to that.  There was some sort of an audio glitch and for the first half of the weigh ins there was the spanish broadcast blaring in my ear and the production truck couldn't talk to me.  No one could figure out what was going on either.  It's weird enough to try to talk when people speaking your own language are talking in your ear, but it's extra fucked to try to talk when you're hearing Spanish and you're speaking English.  So if I looked confused, that's what was up :)

3/16/14 11:17 AM
Joe Rogan
1142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is probably something I should do after every event, so let's just start this now as a UG exclusive :)

3/16/14 11:17 AM
Mack Diesel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:18 AM
jmac2007
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First! Probably not haha Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:19 AM
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how you going to hate on joe now?
BuddyRevell
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 

This is probably something I should do after every event, so let's just start this now as a UG exclusive :)

A UG "Scrum" from you after every event? Great idea!

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No explanation required, but thank you Joe. VU! Phone Post 3.0
Caffiend
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this, any post fight info about your role or what you were experiencing during the fight is most welcome and appreicated. Thanks!

3/16/14 11:20 AM
Alco Hauler
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said.

Rahjai MD
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What'd you think of the decision. A lot of guys here gave the first round to Lawler. Crosbys 10-8 second round to Hendricks? Phone Post 3.0
subd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Joe.
18Doc
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every time I get all upset about you, you go and do something like this. Good post. Phone Post 3.0
palfor03

I love you, Joe Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:21 AM
ShaqNoob
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoulda picked Nick Diaz, even if he wasn't on the list. Phone Post 3.0
Judontkneedthisname3744

Ok sounds good Joe but one question

How did you not comment on the brief ice spill! Phone Post 3.0
Tom O'Bedlam
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In.
shootfightermike
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frat!

j/k

3/16/14 11:22 AM
truevalon
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -

Awesome idea. So who would you personally see fight for the belt nrxt: woodley lombard diaz dong rory or lawler rematch? Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:24 AM
Joe Rogan

ShaqNoob - Shoulda picked Nick Diaz, even if he wasn't on the list. Phone Post 3.0

I would love to see Nick in there against anyone, for the title or not.  I think from a marketing stand point he might be the biggest draw out of any condender out there.  Financially he makes the most sense.

BooZe

Word Phone Post 3.0
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Judontkneedthisname3744 - Ok sounds good Joe but one question

How did you not comment on the brief ice spill! Phone Post 3.0
Ha! Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:25 AM
mackass

Joe Rogan -

Uh fuck ya so down for this... Also props for replying to the critics in a tasteful way! Phone Post 3.0
Bangers Delight
718 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for clearing it up and The post fight thing would be so awesome! Phone Post 3.0
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -

Very cool Phone Post 3.0
3/16/14 11:26 AM
mixedmartialfarts
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No explanation needed, bro! Given the choice, I'd have you and Goldie working every event (although after so many years it's probably nice for you to just relax and watch an event as a fan).

Anyway keep on keeping on! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.