UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy: I definitely plan on getting back in there

3/19/14 9:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Hardy recently took a role as a commentator on for the UFC on some international events after being sidelined by a heart condition. Of course the role is a welcome one for Hardy, but fighting is definitely still on his mind. Hardy recently spoke to the Underground Jonathan Shrager about his desire to return and how his new role keeps him in the game.

Jonathan Shrager: The obvious question is to ask about your as a mixed martial artist. Do you still harbor ambitions of getting back in the cage I imagine?

Dan Hardy: I definitely plan on getting back in there. It’s just the process of getting cleared and being able to now. It’s kind of frustrating, but not be honest, this commentating job came at the right time it’s given me a new challenge to focus on. And I’m able to stay very close to the sport, and still learn from the sport, from the fighters, and just be a fan. I can still evolve as a martial artist in this role. That’s the best part about it. As the sports evolving, I can be there to witness it firsthand, and take that into the gym and keep evolving myself. Then when the time comes for me to return, I won’t be out of touch.

Watch the entire interview to see how Hardy is enjoying his new position as UFC commentator.

3/19/14 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't mind if he never fought again. Don't care for the guy Phone Post 3.0
3/19/14 9:22 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - Wouldn't mind if he never fought again. Don't care for the guy Phone Post 3.0
Classy.

Hope dan gets back in there, always pumped for his fights Phone Post 3.0
3/19/14 9:23 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Aaron Becker - Wouldn't mind if he never fought again. Don't care for the guy Phone Post 3.0
How delightful. Phone Post 3.0
3/19/14 9:25 PM
Chris
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

wow what a jerk. I've always liked Hardy. I like him in the commentating job, but like to see him back fighting too.

3/19/14 9:40 PM
Brigham
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a douche Phone Post
3/19/14 9:41 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy vs nick Diaz. book that shit! Phone Post 3.0
3/19/14 10:21 PM
Aaron Becker

I didn't say anything bad about him, I just don't like him because of his views about hunting in particular. So therefore wouldn't mind if he's not able to do what he loved again since he wishes that same thing towards others Phone Post 3.0
3/19/14 10:35 PM
shaqitup
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - I didn't say anything bad about him, I just don't like him because of his views about hunting in particular. So therefore wouldn't mind if he's not able to do what he loved again since he wishes that same thing towards others Phone Post 3.0

What is his view about hunting?

Seems to be that he doesn't like hunting for sport, which kind of makes sense.
3/19/14 10:37 PM
................hey yo

ASTOUNDING NEWS! Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 12:32 AM
Evilzpet

Good, he's very entertaining!

3/20/14 12:45 AM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
Aaron Becker - I didn't say anything bad about him, I just don't like him because of his views about hunting in particular. So therefore wouldn't mind if he's not able to do what he loved again since he wishes that same thing towards others Phone Post 3.0

That is his view.

But remember this is America. If there really was a bigfoot the goal is to shoot first not capture. It will make you a hero forever Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 12:53 AM
OSBtro11

Good luck Mr.hardy . Wish this dude all the best .. Wouldn't mind seeing him get another get 3 - 4 fight deal inked with Zuffa . Phone Post
3/20/14 12:53 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
How delightful. Phone Post 3.0
lol Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 12:54 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy's an awesome dude IMO Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 1:02 AM
Mertvaya Ruka

Hardy is a punk/hardcore fan.

THIS IS THE A.L.F! - Conflict

He's a great guy and very talented.
3/20/14 1:05 AM
The Acorn
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you goof Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 1:51 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol damn.

I liked watching his smug self get destroyed, especially after he started believing his own hype.
3/20/14 2:34 AM
dubate
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -

Because for it to be a sport, both sides have to know what's going on. That's why it's not considered sparring if I just walk up to a random person and sucker punch them.
I believe his stance was against the "sport" of hunting, not hunting for food. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 2:44 AM
3rdLion
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has he even been training? Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 2:57 AM
HarryPalms
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

enjoyable fighter to watch, and I thought he handled himself really nicely on the mic, he has a future either way, but I definitely feel like he has unfinished business as a fighter.
3/20/14 3:01 AM
explodin

I agree Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 3:06 AM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love his youtube channel

I loved him on the JRE

Dude is developing into a stellar human being

fuck anyone that dislikes him
3/20/14 4:49 AM
Lanceness021

I'd like to see him back but I wouldn't like to see him have a cardiovascular event fighting in some shady org.
3/20/14 5:46 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Aaron Becker - I didn't say anything bad about him, I just don't like him because of his views about hunting in particular. So therefore wouldn't mind if he's not able to do what he loved again since he wishes that same thing towards others Phone Post 3.0
Does it irritate you, having the mind of a five year old? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.