UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Teaching my son how to shoot. Wife is NOT happy.

3/20/14 9:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
red7
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturday I'm taking my 12 year old to the range for his first time. The wife is not happy about this. I gave him his first lesson tonight, and she has a horrible look on her face. She's probably going to fuck a black guy. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:16 PM
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you try to explain to her that you are not trying to raise a faggot
3/20/14 9:19 PM
Ham and Egger
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/14 9:20 PM
My mom didnt like when I was taught to shoot, or build fires or use a knife, or punch and kick other kids etc etc...

Sometimes you just have to tell women that this is stuff men need to learn and that they need to stay out of it if they arent going to be supportive.
3/20/14 9:19 PM
Kneeblock
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck with your divorce. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:20 PM
Darup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's 12 and has never shot? It might be to late to ward of the gay Phone Post
3/20/14 9:21 PM
red7
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - Did you try to explain to her that you are not trying to raise a faggot
Not her, but coincidentally that's what I told my buddies at work. He's a good kid, but not as active as I'd like. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:21 PM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife and I have been having these discussions since before my son was born. He is 2 now, and it still comes up occasionally. But I'm wearing her down.

I start with a hard bargain, saying I'll take him shooting when he is 8, she says never, then I say maybe 9, she says 16, we settle somewhere around 14. Then, when we've got that deal done, I say that was for real shooting, obviously BB guns and air rifles would need to start way earlier as a safety precaution before the real thing.

I let her win most arguments, but I'm not going to negotiate much when it comes to father/son activities.
3/20/14 9:22 PM
pcuzz

I started with my sons at 9 teaching him gun safety and shooting.
3/20/14 9:23 PM
RamK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

red7 - Saturday I'm taking my 12 year old to the range for his first time. The wife is not happy about this. I gave him his first lesson tonight, and she has a horrible look on her face. She's probably going to fuck a black guy. Phone Post 3.0

No, don't worry.

she's been fucking a black guy the whole time.
3/20/14 9:24 PM
Philip Proctor

Black Belt, Baltimore, MD
Kids that know how to handle guns don't accidentally shoot their friends.
3/20/14 9:24 PM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

red7 - 
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - Did you try to explain to her that you are not trying to raise a faggot
Not her, but coincidentally that's what I told my buddies at work. He's a good kid, but not as active as I'd like. Phone Post 3.0

I don't care if my son is gay, but he's not going to be a sissy.
3/20/14 9:25 PM
red7

Back story:
I'm a career Army guy. I spent two years as a Drill Sergeant, and I'm a platoon sergeant now. I've seen the best and worst young men America has to offer, and I refuse to let my boy grow up to be like some of the shitbirds I've had to send packing. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:26 PM
The Donkeypuncher
499 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This.

Maybe she'd be happier if you enrolled him in ballet. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:27 PM
FABombDropper

My 3 year old daughter is interested in guns. She told me when she gets bigger she gets to shoot the little gun. Damn straight killer. My wife is okay with this. It is part or our safety training. We talk about firearms, who can touch them, what to do if she finds one, etc... Fire arms exist and kids need to learn about them. 12 is a bit late for shooting. 8 is a better starting age. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:28 PM
red7

Philip Proctor - Kids that know how to handle guns don't accidentally shoot their friends.
V/U for all, even the guy bringing the hard truth. Tonights lesson was strictly clearing and placing a weapon on safe. He put his finger on the trigger a couple times and I moved out of "dad" mode. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:28 PM
Mas Tisu
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, good thing it's not up to her

3/20/14 9:29 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL TAKE YOUR WIFE BRO.......SHE SHOULD LEARN TOO......MY WIFE ASKED TO GO TO THE RANGE LAST WEEK WITH MY DAUGHTER. THEY KNOW HOW TO CLEAN AND ASSEMBLE ALL OF MY FIREARMS AS WELL. ITS NECESSARY ESPECIALLY NOW A DAYS. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:30 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - Did you try to explain to her that you are not trying to raise a faggot

3/20/14 9:37 PM
cfv
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn i shot my first deer at 12, he will be ok. your wife will get over it.
3/20/14 9:37 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell her to shut her fucking piehole!

LOL@ women against firearms.....stupid bitches.
3/20/14 9:51 PM
4-eyed Virgin

I was 9 when I first shit guns. My bro was 7. I've taken my mom a few times last year she doesn't like it much Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:52 PM
Seven Heavens

4-eyed Virgin - I was 9 when I first shit guns. My bro was 7. I've taken my mom a few times last year she doesn't like it much Phone Post 3.0

This nigga so hard he shit guns son.
3/20/14 9:56 PM
adam209
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seven Heavens -
4-eyed Virgin - I was 9 when I first shit guns. My bro was 7. I've taken my mom a few times last year she doesn't like it much Phone Post 3.0

This nigga so hard he shit guns son.
I loled. VU Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:56 PM
Got Reach
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My mom hates guns but it's the only thing me and my brother enjoy together so she is okay with that part of it lol Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 9:57 PM
crescentwrench
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you own a gun the decision is already made imo. If you're wife is telling you ti wait until the kid is 16 or never or whatever then that would be the height of irresponsibility. He needs to learn to respect guns and part of that is knowing how they work, what parts not to point at people etc.

If you don't own a gun and want to use the "don't touch it run away" that's fine. But the kid won't wait for you before he meddles with it, better to be proactive rather than reactive. 8 or 9 is plenty old. My 5 year old has taken a couple of shots with the pellet gun. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.