UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teaching Sengal Wrestlers MMA, New Documentary

3/20/14 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Genghis Con
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rollin In Dakar is a short documentary coming soon about a team from KOA Martial arts that decided to travel to Senegal and teach the Senegalese Laamb wrestlers MMA, starting with BJJ.

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL19YV40KNM

http://www.LionheartMMAfrica.com
3/20/14 10:21 PM
MMA Playwright
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You ain't posted in a while. Where you been?
3/20/14 10:33 PM
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks great. Cant wait to see some african talent make into the ufc.
3/20/14 10:35 PM
Genghis Con
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Playwright - You ain't posted in a while. Where you been?

Shit man been working, but still lurk tho
3/20/14 10:42 PM
5 o clock shadow

Saw a documentary on Senegalese wrestlers and they seemed like awesome raw athletes. It's amazing how those guys transformed themselves with concrete weights and chin ups. Theor wrestling also seemed technical and top notch. I saw them doing high crotches, duck unders, and front headlocks. I remember thinking that out of all the different styles of folk wrestling I saw their style most closely resembled US folkstyle. With most folk wrestling styles, you lose if your knee touches the ground. So no "shooting." However it looked like Senegalese wrestling emphasized takedowns and control. I thought those guys would be super tough if they went into mma.

fos Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 10:48 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw a show on their wrestling too. They've got some huge, powerful & athletic men there. That country could produce some serious heavyweight studs with some training. Phone Post 3.0
3/20/14 11:08 PM
Eddy Payeur
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
3/21/14 9:21 AM
Genghis Con

5 o clock shadow - Saw a documentary on Senegalese wrestlers and they seemed like awesome raw athletes. It's amazing how those guys transformed themselves with concrete weights and chin ups. Theor wrestling also seemed technical and top notch. I saw them doing high crotches, duck unders, and front headlocks. I remember thinking that out of all the different styles of folk wrestling I saw their style most closely resembled US folkstyle. With most folk wrestling styles, you lose if your knee touches the ground. So no "shooting." However it looked like Senegalese wrestling emphasized takedowns and control. I thought those guys would be super tough if they went into mma.

fos Phone Post 3.0

Yea it's almost like Greco with a few different rules
3/21/14 9:47 AM
perenialquest

Hey should at least move up to wrestling full fledged sheep before they are considered top prospects. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 10:28 AM
hackett
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool! Keep us posted.

I recall that old British show Last Man Standing having an ep where they wrestled in Senegal. Seemed like a lot of talent and a big source of pride.

3/22/14 12:42 PM
Genghis Con

ttt
3/22/14 1:23 PM
MMA Playwright
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
3/22/14 1:38 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting, as a lifelong wrestling fan there has always been a sort of mystique to the African wrestling scene, especially on the few occasions an African guy pops up on e international circuit

Looking forward to this
3/26/14 9:35 AM
Genghis Con

ttt
3/26/14 9:45 AM
Pitbull3744

Very cool 

3/26/14 10:03 AM
PhuketTopTeam
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

video

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.