UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> "Morality" without God makes no sense.

3/21/14 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Phaedo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't stand retarded atheists who live a moral life. They are all so fucking thoughtless about their moral sentiments.

They try to justify being moral by saying shit like "helping others makes me feel good"? Yeah? No shit. Why does it make you feel good, you brainwashed moran?!? Smoking crack makes me feel good too... does that mean it is good for me? Of course not, asshole!

Or they'll say, "If I help other people, other people will help me". That's fucking false, dipshit. Plenty of "bad" people prosper.

Moral atheists = thoughtless theists
3/21/14 1:55 AM
BobSherob
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you can't be a nice person without believing in god?

Are you saying that to be an atheist you need to be a self centred cunt?

Just trying to clarify your position. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 1:58 AM
CAT DAMMIT
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wild Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:00 AM
The Green Bastard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feeding the troll I know but I genuinely like people and like people to be happy. I am not a coward like you and only do good because I am afraid of "hell fire!" Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:05 AM
Phaedo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobSherob - So you can't be a nice person without believing in god?

Are you saying that to be an atheist you need to be a self centred cunt?

Just trying to clarify your position. Phone Post 3.0

You can be a nice person without believing in god... so long as you do not think about why being "nice" makes you feel good. Most atheists try to justify their morality on basically hedonistic grounds, that it makes them feel good. But this is where they stop. They do not think about this "good feeling"...

WHY exactly do you feel good helping others? And what is this good feeling actually worth? Might it be better to overcome this good feeling (like someone addicted to a drug), so that you can more rationally pursue your own self interest? These are questions moral atheists do not ask, because they are fucking thoughtless.
3/21/14 2:07 AM
Phaedo

The Green Bastard - Feeding the troll I know but I genuinely like people and like people to be happy. I am not a coward like you and only do good because I am afraid of "hell fire!" Phone Post 3.0

I know you like it. Because you are brainwashed and too weak to confront the question of why you like it.

Keep sacrificing your good for the good others, sucker!
3/21/14 2:13 AM
Phaedo

It's like a teenage girl who's been molested and so she cuts herself. She'll say she does it because it "feels good". She likes cutting herself...

No shit. It feels good. But there is a reason it feels good. It feels good because of a deep and pathological psychology. If she understood WHY cutting herself felt good, she might stop cutting herself. Same goes with morality. Moral atheists are like thoughtless, molested teenage girls who cut themselves to relieve the pain.
3/21/14 2:16 AM
MyGodThisMMA
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazy troll Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:19 AM
Sennin
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol.

How about "helping people makes it more likely they will help me when I need it."

"Not being an asshole makes it more likely that people will not treat me like shit which makes my life easier." Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:21 AM
Phaedo

MyGodThisMMA - Lazy troll Phone Post 3.0

I am quite drunk, and so I am more blunt than normal. But I do believe everything I've written. So, it's not a troll. It's just a guy who understands how fucking thoughtless most people are... and for some reason it annoys me right now.
3/21/14 2:26 AM
Phaedo

Sennin - Lol.

How about "helping people makes it more likely they will help me when I need it."

"Not being an asshole makes it more likely that people will not treat me like shit which makes my life easier." Phone Post 3.0

hey genius, you do not need to actually be helpful and nice to make your life easier. You just need to make people THINK you are helpful and nice. Cultivate a reputation for honesty, but lie and steal. That way, you get the good things that come from a good reputation, AND the good things that come from ripping people off. That is all that follows from your advice... unless you are too stupid and weak to get away lying and stealing... or you have some other (thoughtless) reason...
3/21/14 2:27 AM
Wrinkle
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just do what feels right to you, if you wanna be a good person do it, if you wanna be a prick go ahead. No one knows what happens when you die. Pretend all you want, no one knows. Being agnostic is the only thing that makes sense. Its the religion of "how thw fuck should I know". Not trying to feed the troll but deep down we all know the difference between right and wrong, do what you will and hope for the best. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:28 AM
Phaedo

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - 
Phaedo -
MyGodThisMMA - Lazy troll Phone Post 3.0

I am quite drunk, and so I am more blunt than normal. But I do believe everything I've written. So, it's not a troll. It's just a guy who understands how fucking thoughtless most people are... and for some reason it annoys me right now.
So you're just a drunk piece of shit? Phone Post 3.0

From your thoughtlessly moral viewpoint, I understand why I appear that way. Pearls before swine, and all that.
3/21/14 2:32 AM
Phaedo

Wrinkle - Just do what feels right to you, if you wanna be a good person do it, if you wanna be a prick go ahead. No one knows what happens when you die. Pretend all you want, no one knows. Being agnostic is the only thing that makes sense. Its the religion of "how thw fuck should I know". Not trying to feed the troll but deep down we all know the difference between right and wrong, do what you will and hope for the best. Phone Post 3.0

It's this stuff that drives me crazy. You ever wonder where that "deep down" feeling comes from? And, even if you have a deep down feeling, did it ever occur to you that maybe you would be happier if you learned to ignore it?!? I swear, it's like a fat girl saying that she likes cake... I know you do, but that doesn't mean you should eat it!
3/21/14 2:34 AM
Sennin
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phaedo -
Sennin - Lol.

hey genius, you do not need to actually be helpful and nice to make your life easier. You just need to make people THINK you are helpful and nice. Cultivate a reputation for honesty, but lie and steal. That way, you get the good things that come from a good reputation, AND the good things that come from ripping people off. That is all that follows from your advice... unless you are too stupid and weak to get away lying and stealing... or you have some other (thoughtless) reason...
Sounds like a lot of work. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:39 AM
KOArtist
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - Phone Post 3.0
That gif plus your sn is epical Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:40 AM
Phaedo

Sennin - 
Phaedo -
Sennin - Lol.

Sounds like a lot of work. Phone Post 3.0

So, you are admitting that, IF someone is smart and courageous enough to lie and steal with ease, he should. You are just too dumb and cowardly. It would be too hard for you. You are helpful and nice because you are lazy and weak.

I actually doubt that is true. But, even if it is, that is hardly a ringing endorsement of morality.
3/21/14 2:47 AM
SlickPacific

It really doesn't and I'm an atheist. Whether you're scum or a humanitarian it doesn't matter. Being completely selfish or the most righteous giver, makes no difference in a world of chaos and disorder. You will not be rewarded for your good deeds, as a matter of fact, you can be severely punished throughout life for them. Nobody is watching over you, life is a cool gift to experience but were all fucked and designed to rape and pillage. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:52 AM
KlingKiteMayor

Phaedo - I can't stand retarded atheists who live a moral life. They are all so fucking thoughtless about their moral sentiments.

They try to justify being moral by saying shit like "helping others makes me feel good"? Yeah? No shit. Why does it make you feel good, you brainwashed moran?!? Smoking crack makes me feel good too... does that mean it is good for me? Of course not, asshole!

Or they'll say, "If I help other people, other people will help me". That's fucking false, dipshit. Plenty of "bad" people prosper.

I'm a christian. But I find this viewpoint silly because Ibbelieve in evolution.

We evolved to be communal creatures so we tend to want to do things to help our community like being nice to others. Look at dogs. A daog will lay down his life for a man. I assume you don't believe that only christian dogs do this.

Go home, you're drunk.
3/21/14 2:52 AM
Inspector Lunge
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/21/14 2:56 AM
dhjvcc
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about John Locke's social contract theory?

Reason is separate from faith.

People, regardless of faith or lack there of, grow up within a world of social norms. Socialization plays a large role in behavior and attitude. Phone Post 3.0
3/21/14 2:56 AM
Stan Wang

calls people thoughtless...

doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together.
3/21/14 2:58 AM
Phaedo

KlingKiteMayor - 
Phaedo - I can't stand retarded atheists who live a moral life. They are all so fucking thoughtless about their moral sentiments.

I'm a christian. But I find this viewpoint silly because Ibbelieve in evolution.

We evolved to be communal creatures so we tend to want to do things to help our community like being nice to others. Look at dogs. A daog will lay down his life for a man. I assume you don't believe that only christian dogs do this.

Go home, you're drunk.

We also evolved to eat as much sugar as we can. That is why there are so many fatties now that sugar is readily available.

Just because we evolved to have a natural tendency to do something DOES NOT MEAN it is good to follow this tendency. You need to think about this. Seriously. The fact that evolution inclines humans in a direction is not proof that humans SHOULD go in that direction. That is how you get people with fat bodies. Or fat souls. I mean, evolution inclines us to fuck tons of females. As a good Christian, do make sure to fuck tons of females? According to your own logic, you should. Marriage vows be damned! Evolution says to fuck!

Your analogy to dogs is apt. Moral atheists are about as rational as your average dog.
3/21/14 3:04 AM
Phaedo

dhjvcc - What about John Locke's social contract theory?

Reason is separate from faith.

People, regardless of faith or lack there of, grow up within a world of social norms. Socialization plays a large role in behavior and attitude. Phone Post 3.0

Have you actually read Locke's Second Treatise on Government?!? His whole argument about rights rests on the existence of a god, who enforces the laws of nature. (I know many modern scholars want to ignore this, because they want morality without god, but it is very clear in the text that there can be no law of nature without god. We can go to the text if you like...).

Obviously socialization (or "brainwashing") plays a role in behavior. I'm just surprised how many people accept it without question. You need not.

3/21/14 3:06 AM
Stan Wang

Obviously socialization (or "brainwashing") plays a role in behavior. I'm just surprised how many people accept it without question. You need not.

exactly. so break free of your brainwashed religiosity.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.