UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Freak Level ATHLETES in MMA (All-Time)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/22/14 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shakwon - 

I'm going to throw out a sleeper pick of....

LOL, I might have to agree......

Krazy Horse (besides being a piece of garbage human being) was immensely athletic. He just couldn't cut it at the highest levels because of his laziness...

3/22/14 2:53 PM
Haulport

TMT - Mark Schultz. He started wrestling in 11th grade, was a CA state champion in 12th grade, then went on to become a 3x NCAA champ in wrestling and 3x world champ in wrestling.

And, umnfortunately, went no where in MMA so he doesn't count.....

3/22/14 2:55 PM
RICKYB
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo , he should be a massive star Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 2:57 PM
Haulport

Edited: 03/22/14 2:57 PM

Vitor and Cain are good additions. I love The Monster but he just never showed much in cross-discipline skills: not much of a striker and not much BJJ. I guess I have to put him on the list because he was beyond belief freakish as far as athleticism bhut just not focused enough.

3/22/14 3:04 PM
Qannebiss
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheChinInspector - When I look at Jones fight, what I see, his movements arent fluid. Hes very stiif and akward actually

He has laughable punching power considering his size

His hand speed is below average to average...all though he does have really good timing

Its Jones body type, his reach. His freakish reach doesnt make him a freak athelte or a skilled fighter IMO..I would classify Jones has immense size and reach.
Is that why Struve is unbeatable? Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 3:10 PM
HexRei

Haulport - 
Shakwon - 

I'm going to throw out a sleeper pick of....

LOL, I might have to agree......

Krazy Horse (besides being a piece of garbage human being) was immensely athletic. He just couldn't cut it at the highest levels because of his laziness...

Yeah I remember reading an interview with him where he said he didn't really do the whole training thing.
3/22/14 3:21 PM
Topsyjt
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
TMT - Mark Schultz. He started wrestling in 11th grade, was a CA state champion in 12th grade, then went on to become a 3x NCAA champ in wrestling and 3x world champ in wrestling.

And, umnfortunately, went no where in MMA so he doesn't count.....

Mark Shultz and his brother Dave both won Olympic gold in 84' game.
Mark beat Goodridge in UFC 9, 4 months after his brother was murdered.mark was a late replacement I believe.
2 brothers, 2 Olympic Golds. 2 world championship golds. That's pretty much gifted genes. Freestyle wrestling is hard at any level, Olympic / world level is insane.
I'm sure Mark would have completed in more MMA is his brother was still around.
RIP Dave Shultz. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 4:13 PM
Bry Bry

GSP is NOT a freakish athlete..you guys dont understand what freakish athlete means evidently..if you think GSP is a freak athlete then u must add Pete Spratt to the list as he dominated GSP when it came to speed and strength drills..whe they trained together, just ask Randy couture..

Couture and Nick Diaz are not freak athletes either but both are amazing fighters..

freakish mma fighters are

Krazyhorse-the guy never even trained much yet gave top fighters fits just due to his natural strength and speed..

Randleman-his crazy power and speed combined with his great wrestling still has me wondering why his mma career wasnt better than it is

Guillard-his strength and speed are amazing but has never been able to put it together..his fight IQ is in single digits though..thats his main problem..

3/22/14 6:26 PM
XcessiveZ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheChinInspector -
UGCTT_TFK_UncleSam - 
Captain_Underpants - People always knock Jon for his lack of punching power, but has he ever even tried to KO anyone with his hands? I mean like serious power punches? I've never seen it, I actually think he has pretty good power, maybe not HW type power, but he dropped Machida with a punch when they fought Phone Post 3.0
I'll probably get a lot of flack for bringing this up, but he absolutely destroyed shogun with them. Shogun took some bombs from hendo and didn't drop. Jones dismantled him like I've never seen.

He also rocked rashad, and he rocked rampage iirc. He's a powerful guy. Phone Post 3.0

You will rightfully get flack because its a retarded thing to say.

.........It only took Jones about 300 shots and 3 rounds to put away an injuried gassed out Shogun. And it wasnt with standing punches. It was with ground and pound while Shogun's head was pinned to the mat, elbows, and knees to the body. The knees to the body and ground elbows did all the damage

If you notice Jones landed no substantial standing punches on Shogun. At no point was Shogun even rocked on the feet .Jones had to take Shogun down and use his size/elbows

Also, Jones never rocked Rampage, and Rashad is know to have a suspect chin

Considering how Jones towers over all his significantly smaller opponents he should he hurting them a lot more with strikes....thats the point of contention...yet it usually takes Jones multiple rounds and a wide accumulation of shots to do damage or get a finish

Jones isnt the god you think he is. He isnt the best at everything. Jones wasnt born with power or speed....but he has his size and freakish reach which he uses well albiet in a dirty way (eye rakes, face rakes, oblique kicks etc)

Welcome back Thiaguy. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 6:52 PM
Region Rat
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MolsonMuscles - Koscheck is a freak athlete. That dude would be good at anything he tried.
Yep. Melvin too. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 7:53 PM
alley
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Shamrock and Carlos Newton both had some natural gifts.
3/23/14 12:43 AM
Osbot

Sugar Hay Hobinson - OP doesnt know what athlete means...

Nick isn't athletic, he just trains hard, has a good chin, long reach and uses it well.

Freak athletes are:

GSP
Vitor
Aldo
Woodley
Lombard
Jones
Roy Nelson, etc. Phone Post 3.0

GSP has said repeatedly he isn't a top or freak athlete. He works insanely hard to be like that.

I tend to agree, he isn't an obscene natural athlete like Woodley or Vitor.

I also disagree with Jones. Jones isn't a freak athlete. The guy is 6'4 in the prime of his life with an insane wingspan and he can't dunk a basketball. He couldn't even get close to elevating above the rim when I saw him try.

That isn't the hall mark of a naturally gifted athlete. A gifted athlete might not dunk easily, but at his size he'd be well above the rim.

He's a freak fighter, not athlete IMO.
3/23/14 2:20 AM
Evilzpet

No mention of Faber?  He certainly deserves to be considered.

Personally I rank Randleman #1

3/23/14 2:42 AM
judonoob

Rousey. Olympic medalist etc....
3/23/14 3:06 AM
Osbot

GSP is not a natural athlete in the way some of the other guys on the list are.

When I think of a freak athlete I think of a natural athlete. GSP is not a naturally freakish athlete. He is the product of an absolutely insane work ethic. That makes his transformation all the more impressive imo.

Freak athletes are guys who can pickup any sport (or just about) and easily excel. Unfortunately they are usually kinda lazy because everything is so easy for them and you rarely see a freak athlete at their maximal potential.
3/23/14 3:20 AM
Portalguy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheChinInspector - LOL at the subtle racisim

White athlete = "no, he just worked hard. He was never natural"

Black man with muscles = "omg hes so explosive. Super athlete"

The UG has always been full of white guilt liberals who worship black men while shitting on their own white people....funny how white people always shit on their own kind lol

Im not white and I dont hate whites. Im just calling it like i see it....and I think whats going in is digusting IMO

ROFL The UG full of white guilt liberals? Which UG do you go too?

Lesnar definitely a freak. I say Jon Jones too. He might not be lightning but he's certainly fast for a guy that size. Plus, he manhandles a helluva lot of people. You could make a solid argument for a lot of the wrestlers and judoka who have some pedigree.
3/23/14 3:54 AM
JBax1991
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheChinInspector - LOL at the subtle racisim

White athlete = "no, he just worked hard. He was never natural"

Black man with muscles = "omg hes so explosive. Super athlete"

The UG has always been full of white guilt liberals who worship black men while shitting on their own...its funny how white people always shit on their own kind lol

Im not white and I dont hate whites. Im just calling it like i see it
The NFL combine is even worse. Haha.

White Receiver- great route runner, big heart, strong work ethic, a team first guy, quicker than fast.

Black Receiver- Natural athlete, this guy could do this in his sleep, explosive, a real go get the football kind of guy. Phone Post 3.0
3/23/14 4:17 AM
bigconk74fe

Sugar Hay Hobinson - OP doesnt know what athlete means...

Nick isn't athletic, he just trains hard, has a good chin, long reach and uses it well.

Freak athletes are:

GSP
Vitor
Aldo
Woodley
Lombard
Jones
VU for the laugh at Roy Nelson. Phone Post 3.0
3/23/14 4:24 AM
bigconk74fe

Osbot - GSP is not a natural athlete in the way some of the other guys on the list are.

When I think of a freak athlete I think of a natural athlete. GSP is not a naturally freakish athlete. He is the product of an absolutely insane work ethic. That makes his transformation all the more impressive imo.

Freak athletes are guys who can pickup any sport (or just about) and easily excel. Unfortunately they are usually kinda lazy because everything is so easy for them and you rarely see a freak athlete at their maximal potential.
Yep Melvin guillard is a prime example. Phone Post 3.0
3/23/14 8:05 AM
MattyECB
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/23/14 8:06 AM
Sugar Hay Hobinson - 
Haulport -
Sugar Hay Hobinson - OP doesnt know what athlete means...

Freak athletes are:

GSP
Vitor
Aldo
Woodley
Lombard
Jones

You are an unsavable imbecile if you think a guy like Nick or Fedor aren't top level athletes just because they don't have bulging muscles that give you a boner....

Hey moron, nick even said he sucked at wrestling cause he never had the athleticism thats why he liked bjj. Nick isnt athletically like the guys i mentioned. Phone Post 3.0

...There's videos of Diaz doing shit like biking into the gym high in the morning and without even warming up straight up starting to speed bag for a almost a half hour

Do you know how insane that or any of Diaz' other feats of endurance are like being able to bust out iron man or triathlons? lol

Diaz also said Gomi has karate ninja punches and told reporters they should learn to swim or they'll drown if the room magically fills with water...  So ya, he says a lot of things. Just because he said he's not athletic doesn't mean shit lol Fedor's even more true, that man had the most insane reflexes, speed, punching power, cardio and timing. BJ's looked like shit for much of his career too (Going by UFC jacked-standards), but the flexibility, speed and balance he brings are unparalled

3/23/14 8:08 AM
MattyECB
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigconk74fe - 
Osbot - GSP is not a natural athlete in the way some of the other guys on the list are.

Yep Melvin guillard is a prime example. Phone Post 3.0

Ya, pick up any sport and excel...

Kind of like never having wrestled in your entire life and within a few fights having the ability to school the best wrestlers and dominate a division...

Kind of like that?

3/23/14 8:09 AM
MattyECB

andyloveshugs - 

bj isn't a freak athlete. his only crazy thing athletically is he's always been able to put his legs behind his head, which a lot of people can do. i can do that. doesn't make me a freak athlete. 

freak athletes:

lesnar

kerr

coleman

randleman

yoel romero

hector lombard

rousimar palhares

tyron woodley

jake ellenberger

vitor belfort

guillard

I can put my legs behind my head, but I can't get a BJJ black belt in 2 years or have the balance to hop on one leg while giant men try to rip me to the ground...

It's amazing what some ppl consider athleticism on this board and to say BJ is no different than a regular fan is insane to me

3/23/14 8:11 AM
MattyECB

Wholesome - For you guys saying gsp is a freak athlete, and I'm not disagreeing, see if you can find a video of him when he was 14 in karate. Fucking crazy.
He was goofy. Scawny and goofy.
Insane transformation.

Havent' you seen old MMA fighter year book pictures ? lol There's a lot more fighters in that boat than you'd imagine lol

3/23/14 8:20 AM
Bobby Lupo
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP first wrestled in his 20s and outwrestled every lifelong wrestler he ever faced.

Frank Shamrock never threw a punch or grappled until he was 22. A few months later he was beating Bas Rutten.

What Brock Lesnar accomplished with Stomach AIDS is insane. Flying knees, breaking Herring's face with 1 shot when Fedor couldn't with 100, knocking Randy out with a crazy knee to the chin, punch to the shoulder combo.

3/23/14 8:25 AM
SilverSpoon1996

Hershall Walker was a beast at almost 50.. if that guy had real training and time to develop imagine him at 20 something not 40 something.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.