UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kos: UFC will get GSP back as Hendricks can't sell

3/22/14 11:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight contender Josh Koscheck recently appeared on an ESPN roundtable, and discussed the potential return of former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"I buy [St-Pierre returning this year]," said Koscheck as transcribed by MMATorch. "He's got a lot of money, so I don't think he cares either way. Here's the reason he'll fight, though. Even though the UFC and St-Pierre have a little bit of a grudge match going on right now, the UFC is going to suck up its ego and pay St-Pierre to come back."

"The UFC is losing money at 170 pounds because Johny Hendricks isn't going to sell pay-per-views. We know that. GSP is the pay-per-view king. The UFC will offer him something to come back and fight again. I can guarantee you that. It's all about the money."

"How in the hell would they give Nick Diaz a title fight coming off two losses in a row? I should fight for the title if that's the case. You question the sport if things like that happen. That doesn't look good for the sport if Diaz is next in line for the title. Rory MacDonald, Tyron Woodley - those are good candidates for being next in line for the title."

So what you think UG? Will be see GSP back in the Octagon this year? And why?

3/22/14 11:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truth. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:24 AM
crowbar
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope.

Georges is unhappy & going to come back when he is ready.

FUCK YOU money is very underated.

3/22/14 11:25 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory is not a good candidate right now. He's just another Canadian the UFC wants to cash in on.

But I see his point. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:27 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Koscheck. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:39 AM
SupesUp
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp would still have to come back and win.
I think he can but it's no guarantee Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:39 AM
BeauTown

Gsp will return stronger than ever I say next year and dominate the division for years to come Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:44 AM
ThinkMMA
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know. Gsp already has that fuck you money. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:45 AM
JOESONDO
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would the UFC be willing to VADA test his opponents? Seems like that's what made GSP take his ball and go home. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:52 AM
Vizslarex

I agree w/ Kos, Kos is a bit of a dick, but inspire of that I liked him and he put on exciting fights usually.
I know Hendricks is a very good fighter, but I can't stand him. I don't like his personality. I don't like what he says or the way he says it,don't like the way he looks, did I mention I don't like him.
I don't think he will be a big PPV draw. GSP had all of Canada as fans, plus he was very popular in the States as well. He is one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:53 AM
Kostakio
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disagree. I love Hendricks's style and will watch all of his fights against anyone. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 11:56 AM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks isn't dominating enough to be a star, his fights with kos, condit, gsp, and Robbie, while great fights, don't exactly scream ppv star, and he lost to gsp and arguably lost to kos and Robbie.

There is zero aura surrounding him, to the point no one is calling for a long reign as champion the way Cain and Jon jones , or even rousey are talked about.

Hendricks will barely be a favorite over potential fights vs Rory or woodley in the betting odds.

3/22/14 12:11 PM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Kos is on the downslope, which is a damn shame, because I'd like see prime Kos make a run at the belt held by Hendricks. He beat Hendricks in their first fight, imo. But since then, Hendricks has improved and I fear Kos has faded a bit.

Diaz isn't next in line by any stretch, but he's another southpaw and everybody remembers how dramatically he outstuck Lawler back when they were both coming up. If by some miracle, Diaz can keep it on the feet for 3 of the 5 rounds, what would happen? (Such a big "if.")
3/22/14 12:14 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"How in the hell would they give Nick Diaz a title fight coming off two losses in a row?

he answered this question in his 1st paragraph about GSP:

"The UFC will offer him something to come back and fight again. I can guarantee you that. It's all about the money."

3/22/14 12:19 PM
fenatic

Easy, Nick Diaz is the most exciting fighter in MMA. As far as giving you the title shot instead of Diaz, Let me think, didn't take long, you got your ass knocked out your last 3 fights and looked like shit. Diaz has never been finished and IMO he got screwed on Condit fight. Diaz puts asses in the seats and sells PPV. Saying all that he will still have to beat a top 5 guy before he gets title shot. Koscheck you sound jealous as hell, not cool at all. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 12:23 PM
seek

i will watch all of Hendrick's fights, none of GSP's.

3/22/14 12:30 PM
rkm456

What were the 171 ppv numbers that these statements are being based on?
3/22/14 12:33 PM
Kentpaul
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC needs GSP in the short term not the other way around
3/22/14 12:53 PM
Kid_dynamite319

GSP gets ko'd once he comes back.
3/22/14 12:54 PM
plasticonoband
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will never buy a hendricks ppv. Not interested in his fights. I actually dont think he will hold the belt that long. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 12:58 PM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. It's gotta be tough to sell the mainstream on Hendricks with his okie accent and nice guy personality. Compared to GSP who is handsome, French, and built like prime Van Damme. That said, I love watching Johnny fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 12:58 PM
HenryO

Hendricks name could easily be built on mega cards with big name co-mains. But UFC doesnt do big cards anymore and he has to carry the card

UFC popularity seems to be as low as ever in the postTUF era.

They badly need Anderson and GSP back

Lesnar wouldnt hurt either
3/22/14 1:01 PM
R1WARRIOR

Please no! We now have a champ who actually fight! The only people GSP put to sleep is the fans. He sells, but only god know why. Point fighting is not a good thing for the sport. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 1:06 PM
BigTedBear
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought GSP had issues with the testing procedures I have never heard of him complaining about money. You Have to give Hendricks a chance to grow into a PPV draw maybe some fox shows and a few exciting fights with top challengers. Phone Post 3.0
3/22/14 1:14 PM
BackAndLeft
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like Johny has potential to be a draw if the UFC marketing machine can grow his stock as a polarizing figure. Johny would have to embrace it himself of course. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.