UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gina Carano 'very open' to a return to MMA

3/24/14 9:44 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week rumors were circulating that the UFC was talking to Gina Carano about a return to fighting. UFC President Dana White denied those rumors, but Fox Sports recently spoke to Carano and although she gave no details, stated she was open to a return under the right circumstances:

"I don't mind it at all. I've never retired. I've never officially said that," Carano said. "For some reason a part of me has always kept it open. I don't know, there's a certain part of me that thinks if circumstances were right, and I could keep doing what I'm trying to make my future into, that's an ideal world. If circumstances were right, you never know. I'm very open to it."

The circumstances could mean any number of scenarios, but first and foremost Carano still wants to be able to pursue her acting career without sacrificing the foundation she's built in the past five years. While she couldn't reveal the nature of how far her discussions have gone about coming back, Carano did say there have been some interesting conversations already, and she's open to the possibility of returning if everything falls perfectly into place.

"I feel like I can't say too much. I've got all this information that if I could just speak freely, this is actually what's going on," Carano teased. "I wish I could open up my mind and tell you exactly the things that I've seen and the conversations that I've had, but I think to sum it up in a nice, safe way for me is if circumstances were right, and if it's a good enough circumstance (I would come back) because my first love is MMA. 

"It's not something that I ever really like to share with people, it's something that I did because it made me feel good. I had no idea how popular MMA was ever going to get. It's just something that really straightened me out. It wasn't yoga, it wasn't anything else, and it still is something that I practice and I love to train. Of course I haven't trained for a fight in a long time, so it gets kind of interesting when these rumors start coming up. But if I ever did do something like that, I would want the circumstances to be correct and right."

read entire article...

3/24/14 9:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Captaintave
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for lip biting gif
3/24/14 9:45 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to fap! Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 9:46 PM
coxndix
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm open to coming on Gina Carano's back. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 9:48 PM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

Gina Carano

3/24/14 10:25 PM
The Sultan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would be great to see her vs Holly Holm. They are both very technical strikers. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 10:27 PM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's always a great interview. I don't really understand why none of the mainstream reporters have had a sitdown with her recently. Or one of those walking interviews like Ariel did with Rampage and Mayhem
3/24/14 10:27 PM
The Fella
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/24/14 10:30 PM
JakeF94
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My body is ready Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 10:34 PM
onandon

Gina vs. Meisha - I would fap, hard.
3/24/14 10:34 PM
4ozToFreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't mean to be the thread bummer but I think coming back to MMA would be the worst decision of her life. Just stay away and keep pretending to hop around the idea for the fans. The tank is filled with a new breed of sharks. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 10:37 PM
crowbar
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She just wants both doors to be left open.

Gina isn`t coming back.

3/24/14 10:38 PM
Oontyex

The Winter Soldier -

If she did come back, i would hope she would take a few tune up fights and not get thrown in with Rousey for her first fight back, but that is what they would do, and where the money is at.

Please no

Every time the fight we actually want to see is pushed back / made conditional on another outcome , something unfortunate occurs and we miss out on the fight we really wanted. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 10:38 PM
JoeJoeplata
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAY HER DANA! That lip bite is worth 500k PPV buys by itself.
3/24/14 10:49 PM
MMAIOGIC
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HEY GUYS!!! Guess who has a movie coming out next month?  Don't fall for it...again.

3/24/14 10:58 PM
ranier wolfcastle
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will they invent a new weight class for her?

3/24/14 11:04 PM
CaptainAhab
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would massage her gently... gently, yet firmly.
3/24/14 11:22 PM
CindyO

The Fella -

VTFU!!!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 11:25 PM
Captaintave
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
The Fella -

VTFU!!!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Agree with Cindy! One of my favorite shows of all time.
3/24/14 11:26 PM
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's not on the same level as Ronda as far as fighting, but putting her as the first fight on a PPV would double the numbers of Rousey's last card. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 11:27 PM
stonepony

Gina vs Holly, winner gets Ronda.
3/24/14 11:34 PM
hellride
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 - Would sex Gina. Phone Post 3.0

3/24/14 11:40 PM
teamquestnorth

We got some phags posting in this thread.

Who wouldnt want gina to come back?

Who cares if she'll lose?

If Im going to be forcefed wmma I hope theyre at least hot chicks. Phone Post 3.0
3/24/14 11:43 PM
ranier wolfcastle
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/25/14 2:04 AM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wolf tickets

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.