UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC will botch Gina signing

3/26/14 7:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haadogei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ima UFC shill but they have a pattern of lowballing the chick fighters.

They messed up with Cyborg, messed up Holly Holm. Some fighters probably have unrealistic demands but over time there has been a pattern of UFC not reaching contract agreements with known outside talent.

Seriously doubt any major Honda fight happens this year. Zingano whenever she is ready, that's probably all.
3/26/14 7:10 PM
DaveM
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Boston, MA

You do realize that when the UFC bought Strikefoce, they bought Gina's contract, right?  They've had Gina under contract the whole time.

3/26/14 7:13 PM
StrikingMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Gina but I don't see any point in bringing her in to the UFC. There are plenty of girls that are pursuing fighting as a career that could use the slot. Gina is in a different place now.
3/26/14 7:52 PM
nhbmark2

I still don't see Gina beating Ronda.

Be it Cyborg or Gina or both they should have a fight with Misha or Liz before fighting Ronda. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 7:56 PM
MMAtador

She can make more in a 10 minute movie role then she would make under a UFC contract. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 7:59 PM
pegson123

For the sake of 5 thousand dollars smith and nakamoto could in the ufc.

UFC does underpay Phone Post
3/26/14 8:06 PM
dubate
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - ima UFC shill but they have a pattern of lowballing the chick fighters.

They messed up with Cyborg, messed up Holly Holm. Some fighters probably have unrealistic demands but over time there has been a pattern of UFC not reaching contract agreements with known outside talent.

Seriously doubt any major Honda fight happens this year. Zingano whenever she is ready, that's probably all.
Refusing to give almost 7 figures to the largely unknown and completely untested Albuquerque fighter Holly Homes is not exactly low balling "chick" fighters. And if my memory serves me correct, Cyborg didn't have a problem with the financial aspect of the deal, she just couldn't make weight without dying. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 8:13 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

dubate - 
Haadogei - ima UFC shill but they have a pattern of lowballing the chick fighters.

Refusing to give almost 7 figures to the largely unknown and completely untested Albuquerque fighter Holly Homes is not exactly low balling "chick" fighters. And if my memory serves me correct, Cyborg didn't have a problem with the financial aspect of the deal, she just couldn't make weight without dying. Phone Post 3.0

I agree on the Holm part, no one knows what was offered so I really find it odd that people state the UFC low balled her.

As far as Cyborg, I think if she was offered enough money she would of went to 135 right away but she thought if she held out the UFC/Ronda would agree to meet her at 135. Now that Cyborg realizes it isn't going to happen she will go to 135 and try to win a fight or two and demand a large amount of money for the title fight. We will have to wait and see how negotiations go later this year.

I think by the time it is all done Ronda will end up fighting all three of them in the UFC by the end of 2015. Too much money for all parties involved for it not to happen.
3/26/14 8:31 PM
IIAces

They would have to create a 145 division. Or a catch weight. She's never fought under 140 I believe. Which is why EliteXC created a 140lbs as weight class instead of using 135 and 145 classes. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 8:38 PM
IIAces

DaveM -

You do realize that when the UFC bought Strikefoce, they bought Gina's contract, right?  They've had Gina under contract the whole time.

Yes she has 4 fights left on her contract. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 8:40 PM
IIAces

And I believe the original contracts was from EliteXC. Which means she makes more money taking a picture than fighting. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 8:44 PM
brahmabull81
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kalt - Is there ONE BIT of evidence, aside from pure rumor, that Gina wants to come back to MMA after 6 or so years?

She herself said it in an interview with Damon Martin.
3/26/14 8:52 PM
BRZ

IIAces - They would have to create a 145 division. Or a catch weight. She's never fought under 140 I believe. Which is why EliteXC created a 140lbs as weight class instead of using 135 and 145 classes. Phone Post 3.0
She did in her early fight career. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:49 PM
IIAces

BRZ -
IIAces - They would have to create a 145 division. Or a catch weight. She's never fought under 140 I believe. Which is why EliteXC created a 140lbs as weight class instead of using 135 and 145 classes. Phone Post 3.0
You mean her very first fight 2006? Only fight ever at 135 for her. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:57 PM
Steve4192
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces - 
BRZ -
You mean her very first fight 2006? Only fight ever at 135 for her. Phone Post 3.0

I believe most of her Muay Thai career was also at 135.

She's physically capable of making that weight, but she likes hamburgers and pie too much. She needs Master Toddy to follow her around all day telling her she is fat. Without his negative reinforcement, she feels too good about herself to bypass the buffet.
3/29/14 5:07 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - ima UFC shill but they have a pattern of lowballing the chick fighters. 

Everytime there's a pride props thread, or a thread where someone has valid criticisms for UFC, your schilling ass always comes in and shills.

I've been calling you out on this for a long time.  Unfortunately for you you have painted yourself in a corner where the only opinion of yours that might be accurate are those that criticizes UFC.
3/29/14 5:12 PM
Haadogei

well, I use the term lowball loosely. Somehow fighters with any possible alternative end up not coming to UFC, for the most part.

I would not expect any free agent to get 6 figures a fight but I don't see how the UFC cant beat Invicta or Legacy (wherever Holm is).

like I said, I suck Dana balls.....im not one of these UFC hating UGers. Just saying this has been a weak spot for years. Their hard line negotiating has cost the fans a ton of good fights in the last decade.

Did not realize Gina is still under contract, if that's true.
3/29/14 5:20 PM
Haadogei

D241 - 

Haadogei - ima UFC shill but they have a pattern of lowballing the chick fighters. 

Everytime there's a pride props thread, or a thread where someone has valid criticisms for UFC, your schilling ass always comes in and shills.

I've been calling you out on this for a long time.  Unfortunately for you you have painted yourself in a corner where the only opinion of yours that might be accurate are those that criticizes UFC.

Im usually right about UFC. It has most of the top guys, its 90% of the modern sport at this point.

I think its sad that I have to apologize for liking UFC.

3/29/14 5:23 PM
ufc98newb
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - well, I use the term lowball loosely. Somehow fighters with any possible alternative end up not coming to UFC, for the most part.

I would not expect any free agent to get 6 figures a fight but I don't see how the UFC cant beat Invicta or Legacy (wherever Holm is).

like I said, I suck Dana balls.....im not one of these UFC hating UGers. Just saying this has been a weak spot for years. Their hard line negotiating has cost the fans a ton of good fights in the last decade.

Did not realize Gina is still under contract, if that's true.

ya, but like one of the other posters said, she will never fight under the terms of her old contract. If they want her, they still need to re-negotiate.
3/29/14 5:34 PM
Haadogei

yeah true.

Her movie/tv options must be drying up at this point. That at least makes it more reasonable that they can get her to sign.
3/29/14 5:37 PM
da Vinci 81
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheTeaFactory -
DaveM -

You do realize just because she's under contract doesn't mean she can't renegotiate? There is no way in hell she will come back to fight with her old contract terms. Phone Post 3.0
Well she's not getting rich in Hollywood. She just had a minor guest starring role for one episode with no lines on a mildly popular tv show. They sure as shit didn't break the bank getting her for that role. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 5:59 PM
Feelz Good

You do realize that Gina can't make 135, right? Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 6:04 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - 
D241 - 

Im usually right about UFC. It has most of the top guys, its 90% of the modern sport at this point.

I think its sad that I have to apologize for liking UFC.

Criticisms from you about the UFC are extremely rare.  While I agree they have most the top guys, they also have far too many lower tier fighters.

UFC has so many low level fighters it keeps fighter pay low, cards watered down, etc....

I think what you don't realize, is many fans including myself WANT UFC to be BETTER.  They could, but greed prevents the product from getting better.

As a fan, I don't like it. However if I was the one benefiting via getting cars/houses etc...., I would do the same thing.

3/29/14 6:25 PM
FCM

The UFC is the Superbowl of MMA, a premium product that only brings the best fighters/fights to the fanbase via innovative technologies such as Fightpass...
3/29/14 6:55 PM
JJLong

Fighters should be paid what they are worth.

Overpaying fighters is what killed Strikeforce and Affliction.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.