UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cyborg vs baars

3/29/14 3:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Genghis84
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmav - don't sleep on the fact that baars hadn't had a muay thai fight in 2 or 3 years.. and after beating cyborg will prolly never get a MT fight again.. but seriously respect to both fighters it was a great fight!

Miriam said she got more attention for her MMA fights than all her MT titles combined. Sad thing is many people seemed to have no clue Baars existed until she beat Cyborg.
3/29/14 3:51 AM
Vincanni
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just became an enormous Jorina Baars fan with this fight!
3/29/14 4:03 AM
Genghis84

Knockoutimus - 
Genghis84 -
Knockoutimus - 
Genghis84 - You know what I find really funny? Most of the Cyborg fanboys demanded that Ronda fight her when she had less than a year of MMA experience. They said the fight would prove that Cyborg was the best female fighter on the planet. But now that Cyborg got beat at her own specialty, these same people are downplaying her own Muay Thai experience. And acting like her opponent had some huge advantage in experience. Pretty comical to see.
It's an mma forum and those fans you speak of that claimed that a win for Cyborg over an inexperienced Rousey would prove she was the best fighter, were correct. It would have proven she was the best mma fighter if she would have won.... At the time at least.

I'm not sure you even realize how stupid your point is.

Cyborg losing in a specific art that she has limited experience in, proves that she's NOT the best in that art. You won't find anyone here arguing that she is; but it DON'T take away from her MMA capability.

Cyborg can lose 100 Muay Thai matches in a row but as long as she's still man handling and winning mma matches, she'll remain the best mixed martial artist. Phone Post 3.0

So why are the Cyborg fans talking about a huge gap in experience between her and Baars? Especially when she trained at the legendary Chute Boxe Academy? She's not some newbie to the sport. What's interesting is that her Muay Thai credentials have been talked up here for years. As has her ground game (due to her accomplishments at the IBJJF World Championships). Then Cyborg loses, and suddenly she's just a MMA fighter. Funny how that works.
Dude she fought against the world's best Muay Thai fighter and put up a very competitive fight. Did you actually watch it?

It didn't diminish cyborg's Muay Thai reputation either in my opinion.

All this fight showed was the while Cyborg can certainly compete with the very best Muay Thai fighters in the world, she's not the best at that discipline.

She is however, one of the top 2 female mma fighters in the world and all in saying is that this Muay Thai fight tonight did nothing to discredit Cyborg's MMA ability, or even her Muay Thai to be honest. Did anyone ever claim Cyborg with her big 2-0 record was the greatest Muay Thai fighter in the world? I don't think so. So much context being messed with, it's like a shady news paper. Phone Post 3.0

I remember when a Muay Thai fight between Cyborg and Nakamoto was suggested on here. The Cyborg fanboys acted like Miriam would get destroyed. All the talk was that Cyborg was simply too powerful, and nobody could stand with her. Did you see the thread with her and Frankie Edgar? Some fans actually believed she could beat him. But now that Cyborg lost at her own game, the narrative has changed. Cyborg would have beat Baars if she had more experience, if it was a MMA fight, etc.
3/29/14 4:10 AM
Genghis84

Knockoutimus - Great effort by Cyborg. She fought the world's best Muay Thai fighter and made it very competitive.

Last time I checked, even Rousey only won a bronze in her discipline, meaning at least 2 woman were better at the time; and that was back then when she was training only judo, I'm sure there are even more who could hear her in straight judo now.

Takes nothing away from Cyborg. I can't wait to see Rousey take her on in hopefully a drug free mma match, to see who really is the best. Dana better not drop the ball on this one. Phone Post 3.0

Cue the excuses if Cyborg lost to Ronda at 135... she had a tough weight cut, a bad camp, threw the fight, just got caught, it was a fluke, rematch needs to happen at 145.
3/29/14 4:17 AM
NORCAL707
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCM - Its hard to view Cyborgs MMA career with any kind of perspective due to her being a drugs cheat.

Was she clean for ANY of her fights ?

Has she simply found a more effective way of cheating ?

Im not sure who would win a fight between Ronda and Cyborg, but the idea that Cyborg would walk through Ronda, is IMO nonsense.

This! Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:57 AM
Eggbert
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NORCAL707 -
FCM - Its hard to view Cyborgs MMA career with any kind of perspective due to her being a drugs cheat.

Was she clean for ANY of her fights ?

Has she simply found a more effective way of cheating ?

Im not sure who would win a fight between Ronda and Cyborg, but the idea that Cyborg would walk through Ronda, is IMO nonsense.

This! Phone Post 3.0
People still hiding there heads in the sand thinking fighters don't use peds. Most do including the women. Rhonda voice sounds exactly like every fitness competitor I've met that had the voice change from Anavar Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 5:15 AM
MattyJ
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Genghis84 -
Knockoutimus - 
Genghis84 - You know what I find really funny? Most of the Cyborg fanboys demanded that Ronda fight her when she had less than a year of MMA experience. They said the fight would prove that Cyborg was the best female fighter on the planet. But now that Cyborg got beat at her own specialty, these same people are downplaying her own Muay Thai experience. And acting like her opponent had some huge advantage in experience. Pretty comical to see.
It's an mma forum and those fans you speak of that claimed that a win for Cyborg over an inexperienced Rousey would prove she was the best fighter, were correct. It would have proven she was the best mma fighter if she would have won.... At the time at least.

Cyborg losing in a specific art that she has limited experience in, proves that she's NOT the best in that art. You won't find anyone here arguing that she is; but it DON'T take away from her MMA capability.

Cyborg can lose 100 Muay Thai matches in a row but as long as she's still man handling and winning mma matches, she'll remain the best mixed martial artist. Phone Post 3.0

So why are the Cyborg fans talking about a huge gap in experience between her and Baars? Especially when she trained at the legendary Chute Boxe Academy? She's not some newbie to the sport. What's interesting is that her Muay Thai credentials have been talked up here for years. As has her ground game (due to her accomplishments at the IBJJF World Championships). Then Cyborg loses, and suddenly she's just a MMA fighter. Funny how that works.
Because talk her up because she has good muay Thai for mma the same as she has good bjj for mma that doesn't mean she should be a world beater in every discipline .
If a fighter has the capacity to train for 20 hours a week and the Muay Thai fighter spends 20 hours a week on that 1 discipline then you'd expect them to beat someone in Muay Thai who spends 5 hours wrestling 5 hours bjj etc Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 5:35 AM
SRTGEO

Lol @ all these frat posts... Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 5:41 AM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Genghis84 - 
madmav - don't sleep on the fact that baars hadn't had a muay thai fight in 2 or 3 years.. and after beating cyborg will prolly never get a MT fight again.. but seriously respect to both fighters it was a great fight!

Miriam said she got more attention for her MMA fights than all her MT titles combined. Sad thing is many people seemed to have no clue Baars existed until she beat Cyborg.

count me in as one of those who had no idea who baars was prior to this fight.. i have tremendous respect for both fighters but in retrospect maybe cyborg really had more to lose.. taking a fight against a MT champ that couldn't get a fight for the past 3 years takes some balls... (no pun intended)
3/29/14 6:12 AM
Genghis84

Edited: 03/29/14 6:51 AM
madmav- "count me in as one of those who had no idea who baars was prior to this fight.. i have tremendous respect for both fighters but in retrospect maybe cyborg really had more to lose.. taking a fight against a MT champ that couldn't get a fight for the past 3 years takes some balls... (no pun intended)"

I disagree. Cyborg had nothing to lose fighting someone as accomplished as Baars. Even if she had been KOd in the 1st, the loss would be explained away. Look at all the posts on here.

Before the fight.

Cyborg is going to kill this poor woman. She doesn't stand a chance. What's her name?

After the fight.

Well, Baars is 35-0-3 in Muay Thai. It's amazing that Cyborg did as well as she did with so little experience.
3/29/14 6:31 AM
Genghis84

MattyJ - 
Genghis84 -
Knockoutimus - 

Because talk her up because she has good muay Thai for mma the same as she has good bjj for mma that doesn't mean she should be a world beater in every discipline .
If a fighter has the capacity to train for 20 hours a week and the Muay Thai fighter spends 20 hours a week on that 1 discipline then you'd expect them to beat someone in Muay Thai who spends 5 hours wrestling 5 hours bjj etc Phone Post 3.0

I've seen people say that Cyborg is the best female striker they ever seen. Which is downright laughable when you compare her technique to someone like Miriam Nakamoto. Even Joanne Calderwood looks light years better in her MMA fights.

As far as the hours excuse, why did nobody talk about that leading up to the fight? Baars was discussed on here as if she was just another warm body for Cyborg to destroy. Very little attention was paid to all her experience and titles. The funny thing is that Baars had a huge layoff leading up to this fight. She hadn't competed in MT since 2011. Do you see anybody saying she would have beat Cyborg even worse if she wasn't so rusty?
3/29/14 7:19 AM
WoodenPupa
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg was a fighter, 22 years old. Had one too many c'baars one naht, wrapped herself around a telephone pole
3/29/14 7:26 AM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Genghis84 - madmav- "count me in as one of those who had no idea who baars was prior to this fight.. i have tremendous respect for both fighters but in retrospect maybe cyborg really had more to lose.. taking a fight against a MT champ that couldn't get a fight for the past 3 years takes some balls... (no pun intended)"

I disagree. Cyborg had nothing to lose fighting someone as accomplished as Baars. Even if she had been KOd in the 1st, the loss would be explained away. Look at all the posts on here.

Before the fight.

Cyborg is going to kill this poor woman. She doesn't stand a chance. What's her name?

After the fight.

Well, Baars is 35-0-3 in Muay Thai. It's amazing that Cyborg did as well as she did with so little experience.

cyborg was koed in the first.. standing 8 count saved her for sure.. but i agree that cyborg had nothing to lose.. i guess i meant in retrospect if baars had been more active in MT leading up to this fight... it would have been more decisive for baars imo this chick had no fear of cyborg.. one thing is for sure.. rhonda would never take a MT fight against someone of baars caliber.. :)
3/29/14 8:06 AM
Pitbull3744

Harrie Nak -
Vikingknee - Fight video anyone? Phone Post 3.0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vGU0hZy0FOw
Looked to me like the reach killed cyborg. She couldn't even get inside for punching Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 8:17 AM
Genghis84

Edited: 03/29/14 8:22 AM
madmav - "cyborg was koed in the first.. standing 8 count saved her for sure.. but i agree that cyborg had nothing to lose.. i guess i meant in retrospect if baars had been more active in MT leading up to this fight... it would have been more decisive for baars imo this chick had no fear of cyborg.. one thing is for sure.. rhonda would never take a MT fight against someone of baars caliber.. :)"

For years all I heard was that Cyborg was the baddest woman on the planet. She supposedly had amazing Muay Thai. Some said Cyborg was the best striker in WMMA history, and no woman could possibly stand with her. There were fans delusional enough to think she'd do well with guys in the smaller weight classes (see the recent Cyborg/Edgar thread). But after one loss in Muay Thai, suddenly I see nothing but excuses. Her opponent was too experienced, Cyborg would have beaten her in MMA, etc. I even saw one person say that Baars was too big for Cyborg.

Ronda has very little experience in MT compared to Cyborg, and we saw what happened there. Cyborg took more damage in round 1 than all her MMA fights combined. And keep in mind that was a rusty Baars who hadn't fought in 3 years. So Cyborg lost to probably not even the sharpest version of her.
3/29/14 11:23 AM
Ch1ef
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight. I'm impressed that Jorina hadn't fought in 3 years. Great extension and hips on those knees. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 11:32 AM
Acecool72

I don't think cyborg will press against Ronda she will look to counter punch Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 11:36 AM
JudoknowNothing

Even though she lost, i am impressed by her toughness! Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 2:21 PM
blueberrycoconutmilk
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorina said she's been punched harder than Cyborg... which begs the question, who then?
3/29/14 4:18 PM
mmaniac
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tuff-N-Uff Productions, Inc., Vice President

Look at this awesome pic of Cyborg's superwoman punch!

http://www.a-listphotography.com/p807561627/h9E5089B#h9e5089b

3/29/14 4:38 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

That was a badass fight. Cyborg did well considering the gap in fight experience. I was dually impressed. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 5:02 PM
madmav

blueberrycoconutmilk - Jorina said she's been punched harder than Cyborg... which begs the question, who then?

prolly the thai male kickboxer who became a woman..
3/29/14 5:23 PM
SeverianB
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr_Honky - Props to Cyborg for fighting an undefeated fighter with 35 wins and a World Champ in her own sport. No way Baars would fight Cyborg in MMA even though she has as many MMA fights as Cyborg does kb Phone Post 3.0

The elephant in the room that you and all the other Cyborg-praisers are ignoring is this:

Baars is a beautiful woman.

Cyborg looks like someone who has been swimming in a sea of TRT since the age of 16.

Her head is literally TWICE the size of Baars head.   (I was honestly shocked when I saw the weigh-in pics)

I personally put this on the level of Fallon Fox getting beaten.... except Cyborg looks more manly than Fox.

3/29/14 5:23 PM
SeverianB
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/29/14 5:24 PM
3/29/14 6:16 PM
Elhoffo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ch1ef - Great fight. I'm impressed that Jorina hadn't fought in 3 years. Great extension and hips on those knees. Phone Post 3.0
Didn't Michael say the only reason she hasn't fought was hat nobody would take a fight with her. After watching her against cyborg I can see why. Baars is a beast , huge range decent chin and highly a skilled. Pretty amazing actually well I'm not a follower of woman's kick boxing but she was pretty decent. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.