UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How would Alexander Storm Shelmenko do against the

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/29/14 2:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DarkNight4527
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alexander has another good win tonight and I just wanted to know how well you all think he'd do against the ufc top 16 mw's on the ufc rankings

(c) Chris Weidman- I think Storm would get owned here even if it's close on the feet when Weidman took the fight down (which I think he would) he when control Storm with ease IMO Storm has a good ground game as well so I don't think he would get subbed by Weidman but he'd get cut up and would likely lose a ud.

(1) Anderson Silva- would out class him on the feet with ease enough said.

(2) Lyoto Machida - Would beat him on the feet and on the ground

(3) Vitor Belfort- I think Vitor is to fast for Storm and would catch him and ko him.

(4) Ronaldo Souza- on the feet this would be good but I give a edge to Storm but I think Souza would take this to the ground and control him.

(5) Michael Bisping- This is the toughest one so far but I Bisping think wins a close ud but this could go the other way.

(6)Luke Rockhold- This would be a really fun fight I think both guy would strike and this would also be close but I think Luke is a little better in terms of his defense on the feet which i think would be the difference.

(7)Mark Munoz- I think Storm would win this fight his stand up is way better Munoz has the edge in wrestling but I don't think he can hold Storm down long and Munoz's chin is not very good.

(8)Tim Kennedy-This is a 50\50 fight IMO the edge on the feet goes to storm IMO but the edge in wrestling goes to Kennedy but if I must choose i'd pick Kennedy because I think the takedowns would be the difference in the judges eyes.

(9)Francis Carmont- I think Storm wins on the feet but Carmont has good wrestling and may lay on storm but I don't think Carmont can hold storm down so it's tough but if I am forced to choose someone I'd pick Carmont because as we have seen in the past judges love takedowns.

(10)Costa philippou-I like storm here they both like to strike and Storm is the better striker.

(11)Tim Boetsch-I like Storm here he has better stand up and while Tim's wrestling is decent I don't think he can take Storm down much and even if he does he won't hold him down and on the feet Tim would get owned.

(12)Gegard Mousasi-This would be great but I think Gegard had better stand up and is better in terms of his defense so I think he hits more then he gets hit and scores more points.

(13)Brad Tavares- Storm wins here he has better stand up and would stop most of Brad's takedowns so I think Storm wins here.

(14)Yoel Romero- Storm has better stand up and subs Yoel has better wrestling but Storm beats him up on the feet gets up fast when he's taken down and win a ud or wins via strikes late in the fight.

(15)Chael Sonnen- Sonnen lays on Storm for the whole fight does gnp when he can and wins a ud.

So on the top 16 guys at MW I think the top 5 ,Sonnen, and Gegard beat him.I give Bisping,Luke,Kennedy,and Carmont a small edge over him but I think Storm has a good shot in those fights and I think he beats the rest.
3/29/14 2:12 AM
sparkuri
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he kicks the shit outta Weidman.
There's only a few guys there who could stop him. Some may outpoint him.
There is no quit in that man.
He's like Maldonado with mad skills & 50 fights. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 2:12 AM
sparkuri
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, *50 wins* Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 2:58 AM
DarkNight4527

You really think he kicks the shit outta Weidman with Weidman's wrestling(also underrated striking) i dont know man
3/29/14 3:11 AM
sparkuri

Oh I know I'm alone, but I can't get over the fact that Weidman's HL reel is 5 seconds and 3 fights long, and you could make a major motion picture outta Shlemenko's.
3/29/14 4:22 AM
caseharts
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
sparkuri - I think he kicks the shit outta Weidman.
Nah Weidman can tko or sub him on the ground. I'm a huge fan but let's not gurney how good Weidman is Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:23 AM
nni
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a 5 round fight I see him being competitive with the top 5 and beating everyone else.
3/29/14 4:26 AM
Lick Boners

Shlemenko is awesome but lol @ beating Weidman. He got grinded by a poison midget Lombard, Weidman is a real MW with even better wrestling
3/29/14 5:16 AM
sparkuri

If Weidman defends the belt ONE TIME to a guy not past his prime that doesn't goof around or break his leg on a freak check, I'll give him some due.
But he won't. He's overhyped and will be but a blip on the mma map in 5 years.
He'll lose to Machida, Belfort, Jacare, ect.

How might Shlemenko do against those guys though, that's a better question.
3/29/14 5:35 AM
caseharts
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
sparkuri - If Weidman defends the belt ONE TIME to a guy not past his prime that doesn't goof around or break his leg on a freak check, I'll give him some due.
But he won't. He's overhyped and will be but a blip on the mma map in 5 years.
He'll lose to Machida, Belfort, Jacare, ect.

How might Shlemenko do against those guys though, that's a better question.
Waeawawa Waeawawa cry cry cry Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 6:30 AM
DarkNight4527

I don't understand the Weidman hate he beat the greatest fighter of all time (in my eyes) twice he might lose to Machida because Machida's a bad matchup for him but no one else in the top 5 beats him not Jacare, TRT Vitor,nor Bisping Weidmans legit
3/29/14 9:13 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

DarkNight4527 - I don't understand the Weidman hate he beat the greatest fighter of all time (in my eyes) twice he might lose to Machida because Machida's a bad matchup for him but no one else in the top 5 beats him not Jacare, TRT Vitor,nor Bisping Weidmans legit
Trt vitor would've smoked Weidman. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 9:13 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

But I agree with your breakdown of the storm vs ufc. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 9:41 AM
Kostakio
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 9:42 AM
Kostakio
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio -
This. Phone Post 3.0
Although, I think Weidman takes him down and subs him. He blitzes everyone else though. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 10:37 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'd be in that top 15 mix but I don't think he'd ever earn a title shot. I think there's a reason Bellator didn't want Okami fighting him Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 12:00 PM
MMAIOGIC
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(c) Chris Weidman - Weidman would use his wrestling and win by decision; would look just like Shlemenko's loss to Lombard.

(1) Anderson Silva - no idea.

(2) Lyoto Machida - Machida wins by decision.

(3) Vitor Belfort - Vitor wins by decision.

(4) Ronaldo Souza - Jacare wins by decision.

(5) Michael Bisping - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(6)Luke Rockhold - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(7)Mark Munoz - Shlemenko TKOs him in the first.

(8)Tim Kennedy - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(9)Francis Carmont - - Shlemenko by decision.

(10)Costa Philippou - Shlemenko TKOs him in the first.

(11)Tim Boetsch - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(12)Gegard Mousasi - Most likely Mousasi by decision.

(13)Brad Tavares - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(14)Yoel Romero - Shlemenko TKOs him in the second.

(15)Chael Sonnen - Shlemenko turtles him in the first, Chael gives up as usual.
3/29/14 6:23 PM
Son of Neckbone
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree largely with the OP.
3/29/14 6:39 PM
Mayhem13
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know about each matchup...but I'd say if he was in the UFC he would end up being right around top 5.

Somewhere between 5-6 maybe Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 6:39 PM
Mayhem13
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fat fingered that...should say 4-6 Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.