UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Dana lets Cyborgs fight..

3/29/14 3:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigJ6464
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

..last nite have any negative effect on her contract negotiations. Then he needs his head checked.
There is not one girl on UFC roster that could have made past the 3rd round in that fight.
I was impressed with Cyborg.She got chin like Roy Nelson and knew she was outclassed and kept pressin foward.

But that bein said I think Holm would have been a better matchup for that girl. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:32 PM
sublime13
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike126 - Could not understand the first sentence whatsoever Phone Post 3.0
I believe he means that her losing should not be a negative if/when the UFC decide to sign her. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 4:43 PM
something random
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the contrary, I think her performance last night will make Dana more likely to make the fight with Ronda. Seems like a safer fight for Ronda now in most peoples eyes.
3/29/14 4:43 PM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/29/14 4:48 PM
While I completely agree that last night's fight does nothing to tarnish Cyborg's reputation, Dana would be a fool NOT to use it against her in negotiations. That is how contract negotiations work.

The fighter's representatives presents all the positives and ignores the negatives while the promoter's representatives do the opposite, and if things go well, they meet somewhere in the middle. Cyborg's side will argue the 35-0 versus 2-0 angle and Zuffa's side will argue that it proved her technique is shoddy and that she only gets by on athleticism and aggression. Hopefully, at the end of the day they find common ground and reach an agreement.

Of course, none of this really matters in the grand scheme of things, since there won't be any negotiations until after Cyborg makes 135. If/when that happens, this fight won't mean all that much, as she will have an MMA win against Invicta's undefeated bantamweight champion in her back pocket when she shows up at the bargaining table. That carries a lot more weight than a loss in another combat sport.
3/29/14 7:04 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

something random - On the contrary, I think her performance last night will make Dana more likely to make the fight with Ronda. Seems like a safer fight for Ronda now in most peoples eyes.
This! It might be Ronda's only opportunity to really believe she can beat Cyborg! He's a fool if he doesn't sign Cyborg!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 7:20 PM
Vikingknee
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I with the OP. All that did was tell me cyborg is legit on the feet. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 7:37 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

Cyborg getting defeated is not a bad thing for her personally, adversity will only make her better. However, she did reveal big holes in her striking, opponents will probably use that to game plan against her.
3/29/14 7:41 PM
JJLong

Dana probably doesn't even know that Cyborg fought last night.
3/29/14 8:46 PM
JJLong

CindyO - 
something random - On the contrary, I think her performance last night will make Dana more likely to make the fight with Ronda. Seems like a safer fight for Ronda now in most peoples eyes.
This! It might be Ronda's only opportunity to really believe she can beat Cyborg! He's a fool if he doesn't sign Cyborg!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

No matter how much you want it to be the case that Dana is protecting Ronda, the facts just don't pan out in that manner.

Why don't you text Dana and ask him yourself?
3/29/14 8:49 PM
BRZ

I agree it shouldn't matter that Cyborg loss. At the same time Cyborgs people would be using the win as a big deal so yes the UFC will use the loss as a big deal. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 8:53 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

It will matter because they would of been able to market her as a MT champion and undefeated but now she's not. Takes away one of the easier ways of marketing her. With that being said I think her fighting style is horrible vs Ronda and I believe Ronda wins rather easily. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 9:43 PM
chilz
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would want 'The Ronda' to win but I still think Cyborg has too much of a strength advantage. Cyborg fought an eight time world Muay Thai champ on her 3rd ever Thai fight. I don't get all the people jumping to Ronda would definitely beat Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 9:48 PM
Watch Bellator on Spike

Tito Ortiz... best manager of the night.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.