UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Bravo thinks 1st Royler win was fluke

3/29/14 10:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I was talking to [Royler] when he signed up for the [rematch], and he was like, ‘Man, I never asked for the rematch. I’m surprised that for the last 10 years, he’s been chasing me,’” Royce Gracie said. “That means he doesn’t believe that his win was credible. He knows it was a fluke.”

Bravo and Royler Gracie met in the semifinals of the 2003 ADCC submission wrestling championships, and Bravo delivered a career-defining win when he submitted the decorated grappler via triangle choke. In the final, Leo Viera outpointed Bravo.

Over the years, multiple attempts to rebook Gracie vs. Bravo was met with little results, but the Gracie-backed Metamoris succeeded in booking the rematch. Eleven years after the first bout, jiu-jitsu fans will be able to see whether Bravo’s first victory was a fluke, or whether he is the better man on the mats.

“Of course I’ll be there,” Royce Gracie said. “I wouldn’t miss this one. But it’s a match. Anything can happen.”

read entire article...

3/29/14 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Se7enout
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/29/14 11:08 PM
Ozzabong

Se7enout -

YES!!! NEFF SAID Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 11:25 PM
FERA BRABA
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate it when people say it was fluke.  Royler lost in the first match.  He got caught in a triangle, could not defend it, and tapped out.  Period.  Back then, Royler was my absolute favorite grappler and that loss was shocking.  But it was an incredible win for Eddie.  Simply put, a win is a win and everybody loses.  That said, I was really excited for the rematch and both guys looked amazing tonight.  That was one of the best headlining match ups I've seen in a very long time. 

3/29/14 11:30 PM
Poindexter
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tonight's event was amazing. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/14 11:53 PM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not sure what the point is of posting an article done pre-match, AFTER the rematch has already taken place.

Especially when the performance by Eddie in the rematch basically renders Royler's opinion of the first match irrelevant.
3/30/14 2:42 AM
MattyECB
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kangaroo - Im not sure what the point is of posting an article done pre-match, AFTER the rematch has already taken place.

Especially when the performance by Eddie in the rematch basically renders Royler's opinion of the first match irrelevant.

Salt meet wounds, wounds...

3/30/14 2:45 AM
MattyECB
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's like Marcio Cruz shitting on Bravo's record, AFTER he just fought an incredible and slightly better fight against his boy Royler. Makes no damn sense except to insult Royler lol Better Royler lose to a respected BJJ practicioner or legend than, as he put it, a man who's fought less in his life than Cruz has in a day lol

Seems sometimes like Bravo will never be fully accepted, even if he and Royler were classy and gentlemanly as fuck post-match

3/30/14 3:37 AM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever Gracie's he's better get over it.

3/30/14 3:48 AM
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Slow your roll on those apostrophes Holmes.
3/30/14 4:21 AM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/14 4:21 AM
TalkShowOnMute - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Slow your roll on those apostrophes Holmes.

lol duely noted after several bong hits

3/30/14 4:22 AM
sreiter

FERA BRABA - 

I hate it when people say it was fluke.  Royler lost in the first match.  He got caught in a triangle, could not defend it, and tapped out.  Period.  Back then, Royler was my absolute favorite grappler and that loss was shocking.  But it was an incredible win for Eddie.  Simply put, a win is a win and everybody loses.  That said, I was really excited for the rematch and both guys looked amazing tonight.  That was one of the best headlining match ups I've seen in a very long time. 

remember, right here in his own sub forum, Royler said "Eddie didnt beat me, I beat myself"

and Bravo responded "next time, tell yourself to watch out for the triangle"

Royler gave Eddie no respect at all.
3/30/14 5:57 AM
Se7enout

sreiter - 
FERA BRABA - 

remember, right here in his own sub forum, Royler said "Eddie didnt beat me, I beat myself"

and Bravo responded "next time, tell yourself to watch out for the triangle"

Royler gave Eddie no respect at all.

Did he really!? Haha.. Someone should bump that..

3/30/14 11:37 AM
Virginio
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me, or is that headline wrong? Phone Post 3.0
3/30/14 11:56 AM
BuddyRevell
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get the rationale. If Eddie was the one who wanted the rematch so badly, doesn't that mean he was really confident he could win again?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.