UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Season 4 NO SPOILERS!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/17/14 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MickColins
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Pie -
sewich - 
MickColins -
Fake Pie - The common folk constantly talk about the goings on of the nobility in this show. It is a real stretch to say the guards at the gate have no idea what Stark means.

That peasant farmer knew all about Robb Stark and the Red Wedding as one example.
Know of them, yes. I doubt a guard is going to be able to tell Arya from any other kid as a Stark. Phone Post 3.0
This, its not like they have TVs and newspapers to put a faces with names. Phone Post 3.0

I didnt say the guard would know what she looks like. That wasnt the point.

If it really takes a day to get word up to Baelish, fair enough. My point was if it was easy enough to get word up to see if the Lords want to entertain this person claiming to be a Stark, then they would have at least done that and let their bosses make the decision.
And we come back to the point that some schmuck would have to tell the Hound to chill for a day. Even sick, good luck. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 12:25 AM
Zekolas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is just a meme don't take it too seriously.

http://www.memegenerator.es/meme/4593040

6/17/14 12:34 AM
ocbjjchick
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a day late watching the last episode but OMFG, love this show! Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 12:38 AM
shin2chin
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Resident A Hole - 
Fake Pie -
Resident A Hole - I think it was Cersei's idea to free Tyrion. She used her pussy to trick Jaimie into trusting her, knowing Tyrion would kill their father, thus preventing her from marrying Loras. Jaimie probably never saw it coming & just wanted Tyrion freed.

How can anyone think they used Tyrion as some sort of assassin. He lucked out. He normally would be stomped by Tywin np.
Tywin was 67 years old, and was supposed to be asleep in bed. Tyrion had easy access to a weapon on his way there. Killing him ended up being about as easy as Cersei would've predicted. Phone Post 3.0

I figured he was being set up.

Either way Cersie wins
6/17/14 12:49 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shin2chin -
Resident A Hole - 
Fake Pie -
Resident A Hole - I think it was Cersei's idea to free Tyrion. She used her pussy to trick Jaimie into trusting her, knowing Tyrion would kill their father, thus preventing her from marrying Loras. Jaimie probably never saw it coming & just wanted Tyrion freed.

How can anyone think they used Tyrion as some sort of assassin. He lucked out. He normally would be stomped by Tywin np.
Tywin was 67 years old, and was supposed to be asleep in bed. Tyrion had easy access to a weapon on his way there. Killing him ended up being about as easy as Cersei would've predicted. Phone Post 3.0

I figured he was being set up.

Either way Cersie wins
Whoa...never thought that way...but makes sense. Awesome show! Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 1:00 AM
Soup and Beer
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/14 1:01 AM

I don't know about it being a setup by Cersie.  She hated Tyrion and had a scenerio of guarenteed revenge for sending away her daughter.  I doubt she would arrange to have him freed on the off chance he might go kill Tywin.  And if Tywin hadn't been taking a shit he would have been in bed with Shae.  When Tyrion was approaching the bed he had no weapon and was making a hell of a lot of noise walking up.  Tywin would have punted him across the room or yelled for guards  before he got close enough to either of them.

6/17/14 1:27 AM
shin2chin
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 

I don't know about it being a setup by Cersie.  She hated Tyrion and had a scenerio of guarenteed revenge for sending away her daughter.  I doubt she would arrange to have him freed on the off chance he might go kill Tywin.  And if Tywin hadn't been taking a shit he would have been in bed with Shae.  When Tyrion was approaching the bed he had no weapon and was making a hell of a lot of noise walking up.  Tywin would have punted him across the room or yelled for guards  before he got close enough to either of them.

Exactly

It's win win for her.

Either Tyrion gets the drop on Tywin and gets him out of the way. That way she's free not to marry Florent and can stay with Tomnen.

Or Tyrion gets caught and gets killed anyway. Which is lulz for her.

It just seemed convenient that Jamie went there just after getting that fine Lannister pussy.
6/17/14 1:30 AM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 

The death of Tyrion would give Cersei satisfaction, but it would not reunite her with her daughter. The death of Tywin will prevent her from being separated from her son. I think she was willing to let Tyrion off the hook to avoid being separated from Tommen.
6/17/14 1:57 AM
Hunter Thompson's .45
2611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shin2chin -
Soup and Beer - 

Exactly

It's win win for her.

Either Tyrion gets the drop on Tywin and gets him out of the way. That way she's free not to marry Florent and can stay with Tomnen.

Or Tyrion gets caught and gets killed anyway. Which is lulz for her.

It just seemed convenient that Jamie went there just after getting that fine Lannister pussy.
Am I the only one that winces and looks away when Jaime and Cersei get it on? Just when I accept Jaime for being the one-handed softie that he is, he goes and fucks his sister and makes me dislike him all over again. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 2:01 AM
shin2chin

Yeah it's gross.

And i was getting a social awkwardness response when shewas rubbing it in Tywin's face.

I had to avert my eyes for a bit.
6/17/14 2:43 AM
Einar
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In his fight with Brienne the Hound didnt grip his sword in two hands. The Hound uses a longsword or greatsword with a two handed hilt. IIRC, the only time he fought with single hand on the sword was when they gave him a sword and shield (not his own weapons) for the duel with Dondarrion. His injured side was so weak after the infected bite that he couldnt use it to wield his sword two handed, and needless to say, using a greatsword in one hand is a severe disadvantage in a fight.

Two handed, healthy Hound takes Brienne.
6/17/14 2:47 AM
Jored1990
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if anybody posted about this because I'm not reading 10 fucking pages debating whether or not got has a feminist agenda, but the way the red women was looking at jon snow - am I right in thinking she's found another bastard to try her sacrifice on that she attempted on gandry?

My only issue with that fight was brienne being ok after the hound mounted her and started dropping bombs, having a 300lber land clean on you multiple times like that would leave you full blown potatoed or dead, she didn't even seem to be rocked Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 3:37 AM
YorkshireManDem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

affectionateSnake -
Jored1990 - I don't know if anybody posted about this because I'm not reading 10 fucking pages debating whether or not got has a feminist agenda, but the way the red women was looking at jon snow - am I right in thinking she's found another bastard to try her sacrifice on that she attempted on gandry?

My only issue with that fight was brienne being ok after the hound mounted her and started dropping bombs, having a 300lber land clean on you multiple times like that would leave you full blown potatoed or dead, she didn't even seem to be rocked Phone Post 3.0
Ned stark was no king, jon snow doesnt have king's blood. Phone Post 3.0
You know nothin', affectionateSnake. The Starks were the kings of the North until Aegon's landing and are still known as The Kings of Winter. And as for the unknown other half of his parentage, R L=J. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 3:40 AM
Jored1990
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HardWorkPersonalAccountability -
Jored1990 - I don't know if anybody posted about this because I'm not reading 10 fucking pages debating whether or not got has a feminist agenda, but the way the red women was looking at jon snow - am I right in thinking she's found another bastard to try her sacrifice on that she attempted on gandry?

she did that to gendry because he was the bastard of a king

i guess you can say Ned was the King of the North

i think she just wants the D

who would u rather bang? ygritte or melissandre
Jon snow likes them redheads man, he swore an oath but they make him break it, yes they do Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 3:41 AM
Jored1990

affectionateSnake -
Jored1990 - I don't know if anybody posted about this because I'm not reading 10 fucking pages debating whether or not got has a feminist agenda, but the way the red women was looking at jon snow - am I right in thinking she's found another bastard to try her sacrifice on that she attempted on gandry?

Ned stark was no king, jon snow doesnt have king's blood. Phone Post 3.0
That makes sense, eddard was a kings hand though! Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 3:58 AM
StreetFightingKing
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And what if Jon Snow is really the son of Robert Baratheon?

Then he does have kings blood. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 4:25 AM
YorkshireManDem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't need to be Baratheon's son! The King's blood isn't just the King at the time, otherwise technically Gendry's blood wouldn't have worked because it's a full blooded Lannister on the throne. It's more about having had a strong regal connection in your history, which the Starks do. R L=J. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 6:18 AM
NFABeeJay
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HardWorkPersonalAccountability -
Jored1990 - I don't know if anybody posted about this because I'm not reading 10 fucking pages debating whether or not got has a feminist agenda, but the way the red women was looking at jon snow - am I right in thinking she's found another bastard to try her sacrifice on that she attempted on gandry?

she did that to gendry because he was the bastard of a king

i guess you can say Ned was the King of the North

i think she just wants the D

who would u rather bang? ygritte or melissandre
Mellisandre easily, but I don't think Ygritte was the least bit attractive either. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 7:28 AM
GregNoActionJackson
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think that is Jon snows mother Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 8:18 AM
RJJH
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - On Tyrion's motivation to kill Tywin. There's a segment from the books that's cut out in the show. It's not a spoiler exactly because the moment for it has passed, but there is a plot point that could possibly be used later but it's not very likely.

Stuff we already know.

So remember the story way back about Tyrion's first wife? This was when Tyrion was 13. The story goes Jamie and Tyrion go hunting and while on a back road they find a woman being attacked by some men. Her name was Tysha. Jamie chased off the men and Tyrion took care of the frightened woman. She was an orphaned daughter of a crofter. He fell in love with her and she with him and they got married by a drunk septon at a local inn. He spent several days at the inn, in marital bliss.

When Tywin found out he was furious. Jamie confessed that the woman was just a whore that he hired "to make a man out of Tyrion." Tywin, to prove his point, had all his guards have sex with her in front of Tyrion, each paying her a silver stag for the pleasure. (To give you an idea of how many guards, by the end she had so many coins there were spilling out of her hands.) To drive the point home Tywin forced Tyrion to be the last man to fuck her, and paid her with a gold dragon, because that's how Lannisters are supposed to roll. Tywin being a dick even mentions something along the lines of how she should be happy because a silver stag is way more than she'll ever be paid for her sub par whoring. Since then he resented his father and also bore the deep fear that gold would be the only reason anyone would love him. He would also dream about an alternate life where he lives a simple life far away in the summer isles with Tysha.

So now getting back to the show and what they cut out:

Book Spoilers:

So now Jamie is helping Tyrion escape. They have that talk in the cells but it's very different. During the conversation Jamie finally admits that Tysha was not a whore, that Tywin made him say that. She really was this orphan that had fallen in love with Tyrion. Tyrion loses his shit. At this point he's like fuck Jamie, fuck everyone. He starts telling Jamie about all the different guys that Cersei fucked. He even says that he poisoned Joffrey just to make Jamie angry. He says he'll get revenge on Jamie, Cersie, and Tywin for this. So instead of following Jamie for the escape he runs off and uses the same tunnels he used when meeting Shae to get to the chamber of the hand. He kills Shae like in the books, only in the books it was done with the chain of the hand since the symbol for the hand wasn't a pin but a chain.

He confronts his father because he wants to know where Tysha was sent. He finds him on the toilet and asks him what happened to her. Tywin doesn't even remember, which probably only pisses Tyrion off more. He reminds him of the story and asks him again "where is she?" and Tywin responds "wherever whore's go." That's when Tyrion shoots him, in the crotch, right above his dick.

So in the books there's a little more to the killing of his father.

VTFU for the none spoiler background info!

6/17/14 8:20 AM
RJJH
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mrblonde1281 - 
RJJH -
KG1010 - 
GregNoActionJackson -
KG1010 - Im worried by the way the red woman was looking at jon snow. She had that crazy look in her eye. Phone Post 3.0

i caught that too, think it's his mother?

I dont think shes his mother. I think she may see somthing in him. Not sure what yet. Phone Post 3.0

she cant be his mother due to the fact that someone on this thread said that she is like 11 years old in the books.

I believe jon snow is the son or rhaegar targaryan and neds sister. Ned is the most honorable character in the series and to think he cheated on his wife is out of character for him. That red bitch got a thing for kings blood. Phone Post 3.0

I completely agree that Jon Snow is Raegar & Liana's kid.

6/17/14 8:33 AM
guesswhatchickenbutt
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the faceless man as badass in the books as he is on the show?
6/17/14 8:39 AM
Hunter Thompson's .45
2611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6,500 posts. It's been fun guys. Damn what an amazing season. Best yet IMO. Phone Post 3.0
6/17/14 8:40 AM
Daredevil73
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guesswhatchickenbutt - Is the faceless man as badass in the books as he is on the show?

More so.

Book difference.....

At Harrenhall (2nd season) instead of Arya convincing him to help her escape, she asks him to free the captured Northmen in the dungeon. He's part of a mercenary group, and he convinces his comrades to switch sides. He leads an attack on the dungeon and kills several of the guards.

In doing so, he freed Roose Bolton. It was him and his men in the dungeon.

With Arya going to Braavos, it's a pretty fair bet you'll be learning more about the Faceless Men and their cult.
6/17/14 8:50 AM
The Green Arrow
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.