UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Gracies tried to cheat Eddie at Metamoris

3/31/14 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching the Joey Diaz broadcast last night some interesting facts came to light that left me SMH, not all that surprised though.

When the fight was restarted, Royler initially tried to gain top control when he was on the bottom before the stoppage. Eddie knew the exact position that they were in and tried to get Royler back to into the same position but Royler wouldn't agree to it causing a delay.

The referee wasn't exactly sure either and was instructed by Ralek and other Gracies on the sidelines to stand them back up WTF. The ref who was under the heavy influence of the Gracies was going to do just that until the replay was flashed on the big screen confirming that Royler was on the bottom in one of Eddie's control positions (I forget the name). That was only when Royler and the Gracies shut up and could not dispute clear evidence, thank God to technology lol and to Eddie for not falling for the manipulation.

In addition, the ending of the match was suspect as well as Eddie had Royler in a submission attempt, according to the rules the fight would be prolonged until the threat was no longer there but it was conveniently ended and spun off as an even back-and-forth match by Royler at the press conference.

Do you trust the Gracies after incidents like this? Alas, I'd apologize to SuperCalo for this thread.
3/31/14 1:49 PM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was shady as fuck.
3/31/14 1:50 PM
superCalo
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These was confusion it looked like bravo guy was trying to take advantage of that, when facts were shown gracies react with honour & respect integrity of sport by starting at bottom, no problem. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 1:51 PM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Metamoris were a dude that just randomly showed up to your house party.

You don't know him..he's a friend of a friend. He's got those beady little darting eyes, and he keeps venturing to the back bathroom alone and taking way too long. What is that guy up to? Stealing toiletries? I don't know..but I don't trust him.
3/31/14 1:52 PM
Surprise me...
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - These was confusion it looked like bravo guy was trying to take advantage of that, when facts were shown gracies react with honour & respect integrity of sport by starting at bottom, no problem. Phone Post 3.0
Hopefully troll :) Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 1:53 PM
jagen

superCalo - These was confusion it looked like bravo guy was trying to take advantage of that, when facts were shown gracies react with honour & respect integrity of sport by starting at bottom, no problem. Phone Post 3.0

Are you trying to be like Renato Laranja? Give it up.
3/31/14 1:53 PM
jagen

Surprise me... - 
superCalo - These was confusion it looked like bravo guy was trying to take advantage of that, when facts were shown gracies react with honour & respect integrity of sport by starting at bottom, no problem. Phone Post 3.0

It's always a troll. I get through the first few words then look at the screen name, and move on.
3/31/14 1:59 PM
TheJudge

Inaccurate!! I was there. Both guys were miffed that the match got stopped and were in disagreement about the restart position. Eventually they went to a video replay and established a position that neither seemed happy about but were willing to accept.

This is an oddly worded OP and I can't tell its intent. The heavily influenced Gracie ref? What the hell does that mean?
3/31/14 2:02 PM
superCalo
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheJudge - Inaccurate!! I was there. Both guys were miffed that the match got stopped and were in disagreement about the restart position. Eventually they went to a video replay and established a position that neither seemed happy about but were willing to accept.

This is an oddly worded OP and I can't tell its intent. The heavily influenced Gracie ref? What the hell does that mean?
Voice of reason
Thankyou fren, disrespect to Gracie family getting out of hand with people making up lies & slanders Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 2:04 PM
Trane

TheJudge - Inaccurate!! I was there. Both guys were miffed that the match got stopped and were in disagreement about the restart position. Eventually they went to a video replay and established a position that neither seemed happy about but were willing to accept.

According to Eddie, the ref told them "Ralek wants me to stand up the fight". Ralek is the founder and Commander in Chief of Metamoris, when the chief instructs you something, you follow it.

I'm not saying that the ref was in on it, just that he was being influenced by the organizers act a certain way that goes against the rules.
3/31/14 2:07 PM
Trane

Edited: 03/31/14 2:12 PM
What's there to be miffed about? Eddie was sure of the position, Royler was the only one disputing it and Eddie was proven to be correct by instant replay. The only thing that's mindboggling is how you can you go from being at the bottom to trying to be on top.
3/31/14 2:11 PM
TalkShowOnMute

Trane - What's there to be miffed about? Eddie was sure of the position, Royler was the only one disputing it and Eddie was proven to be correct by instant replay.

I think everyone is just annoyed to see the Gracie's act that way. But if they pay attention enough they will see that kind of behavior all over the place.

Royler was going to let them restart with him on top..lol I was like WTF? He knew good and well he was on bottom in a bad position. Where's the honor?

3/31/14 2:14 PM
TalkShowOnMute

Trane - 
TheJudge - Inaccurate!! I was there. Both guys were miffed that the match got stopped and were in disagreement about the restart position. Eventually they went to a video replay and established a position that neither seemed happy about but were willing to accept.

According to Eddie, the ref told them "Ralek wants me to stand up the fight". Ralek is the founder and Commander in Chief of Metamoris, when the chief instructs you something, you follow it.

I'm not saying that the ref was in on it, just that he was being influenced by the organizers act a certain way that goes against the rules.

That's one thing. Those Grace boys cannot separate their egos and act impartially. I thought the first Metamoris was cringe worthy they way the Gracie boys acted...I didn't watch the second because of it.

I caught this match and the whole reset bullshit just shows they are incapable of running a non-biased show.
3/31/14 2:19 PM
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trane - 

scotty was the ref,he wasnt in on anything.
3/31/14 2:22 PM
Trane

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the ref was in on it, just that he was being influenced.
3/31/14 2:23 PM
Col Angus
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royler lucky that Qua didn't show up for the wrestling.
3/31/14 2:27 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 2:49 PM
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trane - Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the ref was in on it, just that he was being influenced.

that could be,but it was worked out.
3/31/14 2:54 PM
Rob San Soo

Plus the gi pants thing, just smh Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 2:58 PM
ImTheSandMan
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprise me... -
1,000% a troll. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 3:15 PM
talkischeap
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hay calo Você não é brasileiro nem pode permanecer no personagem longa o suficiente para enganar quem quer toda a sua vida é uma piada
3/31/14 3:20 PM
superCalo

Talkischeap your venicular is strange, did you use google translate?
Get updated version on your phone, is more accurate Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 3:22 PM
Soup and Beer
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So it sounds like Ralek wanted the ref to restart them standing up to give Royler a chance to get his leg free, but the ref misunderstood and restarted them at the center of the mat.

The ref is probably out of a job now.

3/31/14 3:26 PM
superCalo

If Gracie wanted to cheat they would have photo shopped the TV replay, instead they showed what actually happened, everyone see, everyone happy, they move on, all is well Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 3:30 PM
Huey freman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jagen -
superCalo - These was confusion it looked like bravo guy was trying to take advantage of that, when facts were shown gracies react with honour & respect integrity of sport by starting at bottom, no problem. Phone Post 3.0

Are you trying to be like Renato Laranja? Give it up.
Renato Laranja wants to be like calo!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.