UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bravo: Royce F@$%ing Gracie wants to fight me!

3/31/14 8:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chaplinshouse
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

must be mma not bjj. Coming from Royce, and under these circumstances that is hilarious. "hey you! you disrespected my families ice cream franchise! i'm an ice cream legend, and you're an ice cream legend. so let's settle this with... a burger cookoff! no? didn't think so pussy"

royce misses the limelight, stirring shit with his own family and now eddie. he just wants to talk shit, have an out and it sounds like eddie's going to play into Royce's "out". just fight him dude what's a Royce strike going to do, turn your face light pink for 3 seconds? think of all the good you can do for a legit charity

3/31/14 8:49 PM
CaptChaos
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Eddie's moment after the fight. I think Royce was being disrespectful. Maybe Royce thought he would put salt in the wound if Eddie lost but that was not the case. I can hear Royce now... "See that's what you get by talking crap about our family." Lol. Come on Royce.
3/31/14 9:01 PM
The Sultan
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny shit. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 10:59 PM
FingerorMoon
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie should just take the fight.
Wasn't his entire original idea of rubber guard to lock in people so they couldn't punch during MMA ?

Is there really any danger of Royce damaging him with strikes?
3/31/14 11:26 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie should meet him in the middle and challenge him to a combat Jiu Jitsu fight. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 11:39 PM
rockfists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is making bjj better for the ufc, yet uses gi pants not allowed in ufc.

He is making it better for himself, not the ufc. I'll admit though, he did make it better. Phone Post
4/1/14 1:13 AM
David F

come again?
4/1/14 2:53 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Royce, fuck him.

Stop living in the past, no one gives a shit. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 3:00 AM
CiganoBoxer

The Gracie's are such sore losers these days ...oops they have always been sore losers lol Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 3:03 AM
Pompei
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce sounds sour.... Royler wasn't given much chance throughout the bout because Bravo just had a better game plan.

And to say Bravo was vomiting because he lost hahaha come on man, are we 5 years old? Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 3:38 AM
44 Magnum
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be pretty cool to see Royce take the high road for once in his career. From holding chokes too long, to pissing hot then criticizing trt, then approaching a guy after he went 20 hard straight minutes.

C'mon Royce, act like am ambassador of the sport.

4/1/14 12:13 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, mistake in the transcription. 

Bravo says 98% not 90% were in support of him winning on the UG. 

I only noticed this because I thought he was being oddly humble reading it and now that I'm listening to it he clearly says 98 on the MMAHOUR. Small thing, but thought I'd point it out, and it's a more accurate assesment of the UG mentality thus far too lol

4/1/14 12:15 PM
Rough Bearing
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those Brazilians are a prideful bunch! Especially the Gracies. Eddie is handling it like a champ. Royce is acting like someone stole a toy from his sandbox. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:01 PM
acerb

I'll start by saying I'm not part of a Gracie affiliate so I have no invested interest. Why is Eddie jumping on the MMA Hour claiming he dominated this match. It's a no point competition where the ONLY and sole purpose is to illicit a tap and no points...he didn't achieve this and tries to convince himself using his rationale of a highlight reel. Furthermore, this may have been in the rules but you were wearing GI pants Eddie...it gave you a ridiculous amount of grip and friction to secure positions. Even Kenny Florian spoke to it as long as we're picking and choosing from the competition. You essentially were on a different playing field than Royler and didn't have to work as hard....still throwing up afterwards. I'm a fan of 10th planet but you're saying (almost) is winning and on top of that he reversed all your positions. Hitting the Electric chair multiple times is great but you really pick and chose your arguments
4/1/14 2:07 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't take a submission only match and brag about "winning".

You did well, but nobody won.

That aside, Gracies are like weeds, you take one out, another two pop up in his place. (Renzo said something like this?) Matt Hughes had to beat Royce, Renzo, and Ricardo Almieda before they would stop challenging him, all while Royce was demanding a rematch.

4/1/14 2:14 PM
chilz
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockfists - He is making bjj better for the ufc, yet uses gi pants not allowed in ufc.

He is making it better for himself, not the ufc. I'll admit though, he did make it better. Phone Post
The gi pants were Royler's request... Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:17 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chilz - 
rockfists - He is making bjj better for the ufc, yet uses gi pants not allowed in ufc.

The gi pants were Royler's request... Phone Post 3.0

Wrong.

The gi pants were Eddie's request.

4/1/14 2:20 PM
BurnMyEyes
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eddie turned back on the gi pants request but royler's lawyers said he couldn't
4/1/14 2:25 PM
12SixElbow

BurnMyEyes - eddie turned back on the gi pants request but royler's lawyers said he couldn't

The trouble is (and Eddie admitted this on the podcast) that he requested Gi pants.

Royler said fine, but you're sticking with Gi pants, because I'll train for them, Eddie said ok.

3 weeks out, Eddie wanted to switch to Shorts. Royler (and camp) said no no, you signed an agreement, you promised you wouldn't change your mind, etc...

Would have been a sneaky trick to ask for pants, get Royler to train for pants, then show up in shorts.

4/1/14 8:46 PM
stainlesssteel

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.