UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Eddie Bravo on JRE, commentary on his own match

3/31/14 8:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eddie bravo on JRE after rematch with royler
3/31/14 9:05 PM
CaliKush
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, Eddie was in more control than it looks. He allowed royler to reverse him just to set up roylers leg over his shoulder which in return gave Eddie more dominant position after he swept royler again. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 9:06 PM
CaliKush
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/31/14 9:06 PM

video commentary starts around 48:00

3/31/14 9:18 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Your knee's popping."

"Ess normal."
3/31/14 9:20 PM
jdindiana
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - "Your knee's popping."

"Ess normal."
lol Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 9:40 PM
CaliKush

Eddie begins talking about the royce gracie confrontation at 1:46:30

3/31/14 9:49 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Normally JRE's with Bravo wear on me and I cant listen to much but Eddies commentary during his match with Royler was fucking awesome. I almost enjoyed it more than watching the match for the first time. Its incredibly rare that we actually get that kind of insight/play-by-play. Really enjoyed listening to him.
3/31/14 9:49 PM
bopelini
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaliKush - Wow, Eddie was in more control than it looks. He allowed royler to reverse him just to set up roylers leg over his shoulder which in return gave Eddie more dominant position after he swept royler again. Phone Post 3.0

This. Also loved how he explained how he set up the vaporizer by making it look like he just wants to hold and squeeze him to get Royler to push Bravo to help him roll into it. Brilliant...
3/31/14 9:58 PM
Ohman a MMA fan
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Eddie and rogan are awesome. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 10:02 PM
CaliKush

bopelini -
CaliKush - Wow, Eddie was in more control than it looks. He allowed royler to reverse him just to set up roylers leg over his shoulder which in return gave Eddie more dominant position after he swept royler again. Phone Post 3.0

This. Also loved how he explained how he set up the vaporizer by making it look like he just wants to hold and squeeze him to get Royler to push Bravo to help him roll into it. Brilliant...
^ that part was badass too, Eddie seemed to be one step ahead. Royler is a badass motherfucker too, for not tapping to that vaporizer Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 10:08 PM
baltimore21229
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for when Im off and can watch/listen Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 10:11 PM
Yun
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaliKush - 

video commentary starts around 48:00

o ya, my bad.  

this is one of the best podcast episodes ever

3/31/14 11:17 PM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this really helps to get Eddie more recognized. For what he's done for jujitsu, he deserves so much more credit. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 11:17 PM
bakobell
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - Normally JRE's with Bravo wear on me and I cant listen to much but Eddies commentary during his match with Royler was fucking awesome. I almost enjoyed it more than watching the match for the first time. Its incredibly rare that we actually get that kind of insight/play-by-play. Really enjoyed listening to him.
Yeah. Eddie and his chem trails etc annoy the hell out of me. But he was brilliant today. Loved every second of that podcast. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/14 11:18 PM
pillbottle

The insight provided by his commentary here makes a very impressive match even more impressive. Clearly he was a step ahead of Royler at every turn. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 12:21 AM
97B_96B
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie Bravo looked like a scorpion strangling a moth.

The sight of Rolyer's legs flapping was pretty strange.

Eddie's got something unique going on here. Something special.

Odd seeing Royler confused, and veritably as powerless, as the UFC 1 stand-up fighters were with the whole Gracie Jiu Jitsu game.

I think the sight of it may have put the zap on Royce's head. I don't think he was able to adequately process what just happened, and it made him angry.

My only complaint is the waste of food as Eddie adrenaline- dumped and puked his home-style Chili Verde all over the sidewalk. Hopefully he was able to tank up on some good chow soon after.

Amazing fight!
4/1/14 1:14 AM
makiveli
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing podcast! Props to Royler for not tapping. Great match! Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:02 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

In Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:34 AM
UGCTT_xxzygotexx
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:39 AM
Bob Saget Bottom Team

thought I knew the basics of BJJ while not a practicioner. But is the vaporizer and stoner control a 10th planet thing? Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:46 AM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Ralek telling the ref to stand them up! More than one Gracie tried to pull a fast one there when there was video evidence to the contrary, wtf?
4/1/14 2:53 AM
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Bob Saget Bottom Team - thought I knew the basics of BJJ while not a practicioner. But is the vaporizer and stoner control a 10th planet thing? Phone Post 3.0
He names his shit different than traditional bjj. Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 2:58 AM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Saget Bottom Team - thought I knew the basics of BJJ while not a practicioner. But is the vaporizer and stoner control a 10th planet thing? Phone Post 3.0

It's the names of the moves of his 10th planet system. the vaporizer transitions from the stoner control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tIzC2FIfg
4/1/14 2:59 AM
JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - "Your knee's popping."

"Ess normal."
It's pretty clear now that Eddie is TOP of the food chain in the BJJ. No doubt there will be a ton of new kids who will be signing up at 10th planet affiliates and I couldn't be happier for Eddie.

Listening to the commentary now and loving it!! Phone Post 3.0
4/1/14 3:15 AM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't help but feel proud of Eddie. For all the grief he has gotten over the years I really think he is genuinely trying to add something to jiu jitsu. It's not just a marketing thing. At the end of the day it's his own thing.. It's authentic and that's why people have gravitated towards it. It's not all hype and Rogan although they do help :) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.