UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ralek: What Bravo said is 'really, really sad'

4/3/14 9:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Eddie Bravo recently dominated Royler Gracie in Metamoris 3, promoted by Royler nephew Ralek. After the bout, Royler's brother UFC Hall of Famer Royce angrily confronted Bravo for alleged slights against the family.

While Bravo has countless times spoken and written with the utmost respect about the Gracie family, there is more evidence for the existence of bigfoot riding a unicorn with a Western saddle there is for him s--- talking them.

Bravo was throwing up at the time, from the exertion of the 20 minute match. In a recent appearance on The MMA Hour, he deflected the challenge using verbal Jiu-Jitsu.

"Man, Royce Gracie wants to kick my ass? How cool is that!" quipped Bravo. "He said I was throwing up because his brother dominated me, that's why I was throwing up. How hysterical is that?!"

Bravo also said he thought promoter Ralek might also have an issue with him.

"No, you know what, I don't think Metamoris would ever want me back to tell the truth. That show got more praise than any other grappling event ever. I haven't heard from Ralek Gracie at all. He hasn't called me or texted me or thanked me. I haven't heard from Ralek at all. I think he might be mad at me. Isn't that kind of weird? He's mad at me for something. I blew his show up. I blew it out of the water....I don't think Metamoris will ever have me back."

In an interview with Darce Side Radio, the G in a gi took issue Bravo.

"Aside from how he competed and showing up as a warrior and competing and presenting his jiu-jitsu in a cool way. This is where I started to lose respect for Eddie as a man, because he completely fabricated that," said Ralek as transcribed by MMAMania. "Now if he wants to assume that I was mad at him, that's one thing. But to openly, publicly address and suggest that I am mad at him after and event like that, when I literally put everything in my life into making that event happen. For him to say  'Ralek is mad at me,' and suggest that in four different interviews publicly, in big interviews, in big publications. That's all political. That's a complete front. It's really, really sad.

"I just started thinking about it, and I realized he's starting his own event and he wanted to basically, in some way, kind of discredit me as the owner of the event and give himself a reason to feel that he can now disconnect from me and just publicly put it out there where normally you wouldn't do that. If you felt like somebody was mad at you, you wouldn't have to do that. You wouldn't have to say 'oh I know this person is mad at me,' or 'I think they are mad at me' as if it's this important piece of information as far as the total scheme of things."

"He hasn't responded. I texted him. He hasn't responded since Sunday night. He hasn't responded. He's not reaching out to me saying 'hey man Ralek, dude are you really mad at me? Is there something really happening?' We have the relationship where he can do that."

"It's a pretty weird thing to me. He didn't need to do that."

"Maybe he will hear this interview and his whole campaign will change, but at this point I feel like he's on a campaign and he has a goal. That's the way I see it because that's just all I've been presented with. I could be completely wrong."

4/3/14 9:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracies: perpetually feeling disrespected. It's like the Ken Shamrock syndrome. Or is it Toxoplasmia?

4/3/14 9:27 AM
The Elastic Assassin
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why not just call him then?... Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:32 AM
flyingtoehold
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now G in Gi's feelings are hurt??!! WTF's going on with the gracies, I couldn't imagine what kind of shit they'd be saying about Eddie if Royler would've tapped. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:36 AM
KidPittsburgh
1229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Catching these types of feelings as they relate to the aforementioned issues is, quite franky, 'bitch shit.'

I'm just surprised these aren't c/p comments from Facebook for how whiney it is.
4/3/14 9:42 AM
97B_96B
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/14 9:45 AM
See comments below...
4/3/14 9:43 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They'll talk and be fine with each other. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:45 AM
97B_96B
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/14 9:48 AM
See comment below...
4/3/14 9:47 AM
Jump Kick
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ralek telling the ref to stand up the competitors after the break was nonsense. Everything else is premeditated interviews and hard to know what real thoughts are. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:48 AM
97B_96B

Edited: 04/03/14 9:50 AM
OK. I think I got it. See the comment below...
4/3/14 9:50 AM
97B_96B

Edited: 04/03/14 9:53 AM
Edit function sucks...
4/3/14 9:51 AM
stevekt
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie and Ralek should have a music showdown. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:52 AM
97B_96B

I don't see the problem with Bravo's statements or actions, so far.

Self-promotion wise, he's not doing anything the Gracies already haven't done. For example, wasn't the whole UFC 1 inextricably bound to marketing Gracie Jiu Jitsu to the world by showing its superiority to other styles?

Inversely, what better way to make a statement than dominating a Gracie at a Gracie event?

Fortune favors the bold.

Eddie just as well could have performed poorly and 10th Planet could have come out looking weak and ineffective. But, he took the risk - a calculated risk - and put his reputation on the line for his school.

No risk, no reward. And vice versa. In America, we reward our successful innovators and entrepreneurs, such as the Gracies, and now Eddie Bravo.

The whole situation is starting to become comical, almost satirical, with accusations and counter accusations flying.

RG: Hey. I glad you say you love my family Chile Verde Jiu Jitsu recipe. That's good.

EB: I always give props to the Gracie family Jiu Jistu Chile Verde recipe. I even gave thanks in my first book.

RG: THEN HOW COME YOU TALK SHIT AND VOMIT UP CHILE VERDE ALL OVER THE GROUND?

EB: The fuck? I just had an exhausting, non-stop, grueling 20 minute match with the legendary Royler, that's why.

RG: You lucky I don't do sport Jiu Jitsu Chili or I'd hand you your ass in a Chili Verde cookoff! I only do Vale Tudo Chile: Rattlesnake meat, Habenero Peppers, exotic herbs and spices.

EB: Hey, I'm a sport Jiu Jitsu Chile Verde kind of guy, you know. I always give the Gracies props. You guys invented the whole Chile Verde Jiu Jitsu craze!

RG: DON'T POINT YOU FUCKING FINGER AT ME! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A VALE TUDO CHILE COOKOFF: KICKS, PUNCHES, RATTLESNAKE MEAT, HABENERO PEPPERS, PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY AND THYME!

EB: Why you trippin'? Hey, I love the Gracie 200 year old family Jiu Jitsu Chile Verde recipe. What's up with that...?
4/3/14 9:54 AM
BravoPUA
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ G in a Gi reference in blog Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 9:56 AM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The assumption based bickering and all that has spun out of this event, coming from professional martial artists, makes me sad. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 10:02 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - Eddie started implying Ralek is mad at him and Ralek is basically having a hissy fit and hasn't contacted him. That's come out of nowhere.

Ralek makes a fair point. He happens to be the guy who made Metamoria happen and gave Eddie the stage to perform.

Read the quotes - not just the title and intro about unicorns and bigfoots. Phone Post 3.0
So a promoter wouldn't reach out to a main event fighter after the fight ? Most likely he would back stage . Since Instead of that happening a family member of his(Royce) threatens him. I think Eddie had a fair assumption that he may not be happy with him ... Publicly addressing it 1st may not be the best idea,but reaching out 1st shoulda came from raelek proly Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 10:03 AM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie Bravo is mad at me

He's being political you see

But little does he know

I'm a G in a gi
4/3/14 10:05 AM
Bonzai Bob
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

97B_96B - Edit function sucks...
Please stop posting for a day and collect your thoughts. Breathe. Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 10:06 AM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contrived beef not entertaining anymore. No beefy stew.
4/3/14 10:11 AM
ElTriangulo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - Eddie Bravo is mad at me

He's being political you see

But little does he know

I'm a G in a gi

Lol'd at this
4/3/14 10:11 AM
yamatosoul

This is nothing new. The Gracies have never been graceful losers. Back in Pride, if you watch any of the fights where Saku had beaten the shit out of one the Gracies, the entire family responds the same exact way after the match. One of the biggest part of traditional martial arts is to accept one's defeat, and to grow from there. The Gracies have never been able to that. This is why the Gracies haven't had a name in MMA for many years now. I never liked these fuckers back in Pride, and I still don't care for them...they're the ones that talk too much shit.
4/3/14 10:13 AM
uberpinscher
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think EB airing it out on EBR and JRE was wise. But I understand how he would feel that way. And as a promoter and brain behind metamoris, Ralek telling Scott to stand them up was 110% trying to fuck Eddie over.

That's definitely cause to go ..."hmmm" Phone Post 3.0
4/3/14 10:15 AM
Lick Boners

ThickS0lid N Right - 
MMA Lives Here - Eddie started implying Ralek is mad at him and Ralek is basically having a hissy fit and hasn't contacted him. That's come out of nowhere.

Ralek makes a fair point. He happens to be the guy who made Metamoria happen and gave Eddie the stage to perform.

Read the quotes - not just the title and intro about unicorns and bigfoots. Phone Post 3.0
So a promoter wouldn't reach out to a main event fighter after the fight ? Most likely he would back stage . Since Instead of that happening a family member of his(Royce) threatens him. I think Eddie had a fair assumption that he may not be happy with him ... Publicly addressing it 1st may not be the best idea,but reaching out 1st shoulda came from raelek proly Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. How can the promoter NOT thank and tell what an awesome showing both of the guys put on etc. after that main event.

Unless Ralek had a medical reason or something acute like eating an acai bowl ASAP after the event, my first assumption would be the same as Eddie's for sure
4/3/14 10:18 AM
sadic1

Ralek's comments were not as ridiculous as I thought they were going to be when I opened the thread. I think the altercation with Royce and general shadiness he ran into at the event may have put Bravo into a bit of, "Oh yeah, well, watch THIS..." mode, because those comments do ssem a bit loaded and are not really good for the promotion going forward.
4/3/14 10:19 AM
Ray Cappa

stevekt - Eddie and Ralek should have a music showdown. Phone Post 3.0
We'd all lose in that situation. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.