UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kyra Gracie hopes for UFC career after pregnancy

4/6/14 12:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In devastating news for the UG, Kyra Gracie is pregnant. Your competition is Brazilian actor Malvino Salvador.

"Come at me bro."

The good news is, she still aims to fight in the UFC.

Guilherme Cruz has the story for MMAFighting.

"I’m pregnant, so I won’t be able to compete this year," said Kyra. "I’ve accomplished all my goals in jiu-jitsu. Competing at the Mundial or ADCC is not in my plans. I only visualize the possibility of returning to jiu-jitsu in a superfight."

"My will to fight MMA is bigger than returning to jiujitsu competition. That would demand more dedication that I will be able to have in the next months. My only concern now is with my child, a new Gracie to the family."

"Fighting will never leave my plans. The natural path is to fight in smaller promotions, gain experience and then enter the UFC. That’s how I would like it to be."

"Many athletes become mothers and can return to competition in the highest level. I will stay focused on my child for a while because I want to enjoy the pregnancy as much as I can. Even away from the hard training in MMA and jiu-jitsu for a while, I will do my best to maintain my pregnancy with the welfare of an athlete.

"I will continue with physical activities and good nutrition, it will certainly help me to return as soon as possible. Like all women in any profession, I will live the life of a mother and the life of a fighter. I just need some time to adjust it."

And now a gallery of Kyra the athlete.

Gi

?http://www.megjitsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/KyraGracie.jpg

Less Gi

?

http://www.onzuka.com/Photos/Kyra%20Gracie.jpg

No Gi

http://thefightworkspodcast.com/images/KyraGracie-CaoimheMcGill.JPG

Boxing

Swimming

4/6/14 12:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant wait. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 12:13 PM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She has been planning to fight MMA for about 2 years now.

It`s time to stop with the lip service and get busy.

4/6/14 12:18 PM
David M
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being a mom is more important than being a fighter. She is not want for money.

4/6/14 12:32 PM
JoeJoeplata
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will the kid's name start with a K or an R? Oh the suspense...
4/6/14 12:40 PM
Dreville79
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This raises an interesting question.. What if a woman doesn't know she's pregnant when going into a fight? Surely this must happen occasionally.. I can't think say, a month old foetus, would survive even 30 seconds. Any takedown or significant body strike would be potentially fatal Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 12:43 PM
ender852
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dreville79 - This raises an interesting question.. What if a woman doesn't know she's pregnant when going into a fight? Surely this must happen occasionally.. I can't think say, a month old foetus, would survive even 30 seconds. Any takedown or significant body strike would be potentially fatal Phone Post 3.0
In Invicta they make every chick take a pregnancy test at the weigh ins. No joke. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 12:45 PM
OGT

Does she need help getting pregnant? Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 12:46 PM
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Dreville79 - This raises an interesting question.. What if a woman doesn't know she's pregnant when going into a fight? Surely this must happen occasionally.. I can't think say, a month old foetus, would survive even 30 seconds. Any takedown or significant body strike would be potentially fatal Phone Post 3.0

In most ACs women take a pregnancy test.

4/6/14 1:01 PM
BRZ

Dreville79 - This raises an interesting question.. What if a woman doesn't know she's pregnant when going into a fight? Surely this must happen occasionally.. I can't think say, a month old foetus, would survive even 30 seconds. Any takedown or significant body strike would be potentially fatal Phone Post 3.0
I think Cindy Dandois fought pregnant once. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 1:10 PM
LeftLowKick
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Dreville79 - This raises an interesting question.. What if a woman doesn't know she's pregnant when going into a fight? Surely this must happen occasionally.. I can't think say, a month old foetus, would survive even 30 seconds. Any takedown or significant body strike would be potentially fatal Phone Post 3.0

as well they should
4/6/14 1:10 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

TampabayMMA - If its positive and its an unwanted pregnancy, can they fight anyway? Phone Post 3.0
Legit lol'd Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 1:14 PM
pidgey
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so hawt!

Kyra aint bad either.
4/6/14 1:16 PM
pidgey
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting that she wants to fight in MMA.
Her BJJ is obviously great, but id like to see her box.
4/6/14 1:33 PM
Crooklyn
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer

He's a bigtime playboy in Brazil. I wonder how long this lasts.

With Kyra:

Ex wife, Sophie Charlotte:

His daughter:

4/6/14 1:35 PM
Crooklyn
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer

I didn't look deep enough to find if his daughter is with Charlotte or another woman. I just know he is not with her mother now.

4/6/14 1:40 PM
increase the panic
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well this is bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 2:07 PM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - Interesting that she wants to fight in MMA.
Her BJJ is obviously great, but id like to see her box.

I dunno, I don't think it's going to be much to look at after that little Gracie comes berimboloing his way out of it.
4/6/14 2:20 PM
J_Gar
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn! Congrats for her.

No more photos like this for a while, I guess. :/

http://instagram.com/p/ma6s-qQY2_/ Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 2:38 PM
yabadaba
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For J_Gar:

4/6/14 2:46 PM
J_Gar
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

For J_Gar:

Good lookin' out, yabadaba.

Wasn't sure if IG photos could be uploaded on here. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 3:00 PM
Moist Gracie
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I coached high school wrestling and during freestyle season one of the girls competed in a state tournament while pregnant. She wrestled 4 times over two days. Kid turned out alright. I know it's not the same thing but it worried me too. Kid loves watching wrestling now too. Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 3:18 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

Shouldn't they be taking them before potential weight cuts? Throughout camp, similar to a drug test, as well as at weigh in?
4/6/14 3:28 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

Fuck I need to move to Brasil!!!

4/6/14 3:35 PM
stevekt
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

For J_Gar:

Oh my. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.