UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Cyborg will be mismanaged forever

4/6/14 11:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“The crazy thing about talking about this is there is no negotiations or anything like that,” White told MMAjunkie when asked how the loss changes his perspective on Justino. “She’s a 145-pounder.”

More importantly, the UFC boss says his issues with the 28-year-old expand well beyond her fighting weight.

“She’s being mismanaged,” White said. “She’s been mismanaged since the day that this whole thing went down, and she will continue to be mismanaged right until her career is over.”

read entire article...

4/6/14 11:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanHendersonsDentures
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well hopefully she doesnt pass away any time soon.
4/6/14 11:58 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grammar Nazi: UG News headlines will mistyped forever. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 12:01 AM
VanCity_KO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White is afraid Cyborg. Not hot enough to wear the gold. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 12:10 AM
Letibleu
1669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito must have typed this one out.

4/7/14 12:18 AM
JOESONDO
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VanCity_KO - White is afraid Cyborg. Not hot enough to wear the gold. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 12:25 AM
ShoreBreaker420
1012 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's a fucking egg Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 12:28 AM
MisterHawkeMMA

VanCity_KO - White is afraid Cyborg. Not hot enough to wear the gold. Phone Post 3.0

Chyna

4/7/14 12:30 AM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many excuses can Dana come up with to avoid signing Cyborg? What's next, the UFC doesn't have gloves that will fit her?

The most we can hope for at this point is for Gina to beat Rousey and ask for a rematch with Cyborg.
4/7/14 12:32 AM
Acecool72

Plus I thought she dropped Tito as her manager Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 12:37 AM
DTW's Power Bottom
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's not looking good. I spoke to UFC President Dana White yesterday. He said, 'I'm done with Gilbert. I like Gilbert very much, but I don't like his manager.' He has the same manager as GSP. Dana said: 'Being GSP's best friend doesn't make you a good manager.' Dana said if Gilbert wants to fight in the UFC, he should call Lorenzo quickly and he also should start looking elsewhere."

hmmm, what was the outcome the last time i heard this? 

4/7/14 1:00 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DTW's Power Bottom -

"It's not looking good. I spoke to UFC President Dana White yesterday. He said, 'I'm done with Gilbert. I like Gilbert very much, but I don't like his manager.' He has the same manager as GSP. Dana said: 'Being GSP's best friend doesn't make you a good manager.' Dana said if Gilbert wants to fight in the UFC, he should call Lorenzo quickly and he also should start looking elsewhere."

hmmm, what was the outcome the last time i heard this? 

I don't know that they did negotiate with him. They chose to match his contract that Bellator gave him Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 1:07 AM
whoabro

Didnt she ask to be released? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 1:08 AM
Chromium
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd hope Dana White would at least be polite and keep the door open here.

So she got hoodwinked by Tito into thinking he was competent. All that means is she and Dana White have something in common.

4/7/14 1:15 AM
chalice

the only way fighter pay will ever rise if is the fighters stop letting the UFC separate them from their management.

if dana makes a public statement about how terrible your representation is it probably means that they are doing their job and not letting you get fucked over on your contract.
4/7/14 1:23 AM
JerodR
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

machidasweidman - F***k Dana. Cyborg is the real champion.
In all fairness, when she fights and takes the 135 title elsewhere then that argument can be made. Right now she is not the real champ of a weight class she has never competed in. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 6:02 AM
Hunt KFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't the UFC start a 145 division like what there doing with the strawweight division?

4/7/14 6:58 AM
Decimated

MMA Lives Here - Ok so now Dana's just going with "Cyborg will be mismanaged so ummm... that's why we won't sign her COUGH next question" Phone Post 3.0

As of Dana can predict the future.  He can control it, but likes to talk in terms of it being inevitable. Trying to set up in our minds that his big mouth has the last word, and can see into the future. He'll never let her in the door.  English challenged, less hot than Ronda, he personally has nothing to gain.

4/7/14 7:05 AM
Pitbull3744

Jesus could Dana sound anymore scared of cyborg coming into the UFC and making 135 lbs? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 7:37 AM
Pitbull3744

duckhuntgangsta -
Pitbull3744 - Jesus could Dana sound anymore scared of cyborg coming into the UFC and making 135 lbs? Phone Post 3.0
You're right and he's right.

I would be nice for him to say if she can make 135 we'll talk (which I think he has in the past) but he's right she's a 145er.

He's also right that she's made some really dumb statements.

1) The I'll die if 135....
2) Revealing her plan to only fight 2 times in the UFC at 145.

I think Ronda would beat Cybog, with or without the man muscle, but she's a potential death wish to the newly formed women's division. Phone Post 3.0
Saying you are only going to do two fights at 35 is def one of the dumbest things you could say. It's like why would Dana bring you in to fight twice? She really has said and done some dumb shit in the past few years. The gear got to her head lol Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 7:42 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems to me he is poking Tito, implying he is behind her.

4/7/14 8:05 AM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Cyborg makes 135.. Dana starts 145 division for her.. watch* Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 8:16 AM
KnockoutThoughts
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana pisses me off sometimes. You fucked up with the Fedor situation by not finding a way to sign him, and discrediting his accomplishments. Now you're doing the same with Cyborg. Please Dana make Cyborg vs Rousey happen. You messed up Brock vs Fedor already. Don't repeat the same mistake with Rousey. It seems like you are trying to protect Rousey, your champ. Treat her like a champ and put a real challenge in front of her. Stop treating her like a gimmick. Give the fans what they want. Afraid Rousey might lose? You scared homie? If you're scared say you're scared. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 8:33 AM
Pitbull3744

KnockoutThoughts - Dana pisses me off sometimes. You fucked up with the Fedor situation by not finding a way to sign him, and discrediting his accomplishments. Now you're doing the same with Cyborg. Please Dana make Cyborg vs Rousey happen. You messed up Brock vs Fedor already. Don't repeat the same mistake with Rousey. It seems like you are trying to protect Rousey, your champ. Treat her like a champ and put a real challenge in front of her. Stop treating her like a gimmick. Give the fans what they want. Afraid Rousey might lose? You scared homie? If you're scared say you're scared. Phone Post 3.0
He keeps saying he is scared you have to read between the lines Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 8:51 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT

Yet he is talking to Carano who can't even make 145. Shut up Dana. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.