UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White on Shields: "He's never going to be the guy"

4/8/14 7:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how people on the UG take the side of Dana and Zuffa and not the fighter. You're a bunch of UFC fans, not MMA fans. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 7:36 AM
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - I love how people on the UG take the side of Dana and Zuffa and not the fighter. You're a bunch of UFC fans, not MMA fans. Phone Post 3.0
What's wrong with taking the side of fun, entertaining fights? Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 8:05 AM
Mertvaya Ruka
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is a fucking sport killer.
4/8/14 8:08 AM
Pitbull3744

Mertvaya Ruka - Dana is a fucking sport killer.
He is def doing that right now. At first he was the messiah for MMA ask now he is trashing it.

TRASHING THEIR TRASHING THE FLOW OF DATA

TRASHING TRASHING!! Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 8:10 AM
tecknowledge

how many guys can be "the guy"? and what the fuck does the guy mean? can we get a list of current fighters who are currently the guy status.
4/8/14 8:46 AM
Qannebiss
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - "never going to be the guy" is the dumbest fucking reason.

I could clean out 95% of the UFC roster with that logic.
Exactly. Is Diego Sanchez ever going to be the guy? Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 8:48 AM
Don_Dada
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hypocrisy at this pound is just laughable. 

4/8/14 8:51 AM
Dinomaniac

What in the fuck is a "UFC guy"? Someone like Diego Sanchez who goes out there and gets serious brain trauma every time he fights, and still loses? Fuck Dana, and fuck the UFC. Not shocked at all at this, but it's still infuriating. UFC is UEC Ultimate Entertainment Championship.
4/8/14 9:06 AM
Deputy Porker

I'm not trying to fighter bash but anyone complaining should be forced to continuously watch a tape of every one of jakes wins Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:07 AM
Yussarian
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qannebiss - 
shaqitup - "never going to be the guy" is the dumbest fucking reason.

I could clean out 95% of the UFC roster with that logic.
Exactly. Is Diego Sanchez ever going to be the guy? Phone Post 3.0

Is Erick Silva ever going to be the guy? lol
4/8/14 9:09 AM
Yussarian
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deputy Porker - I'm not trying to fighter bash but anyone complaining should be forced to continuously watch a tape of every one of jakes wins Phone Post 3.0

I can understand the decision more than the reasoning behind it, which seems unnecessarily disrespectful. I get what you say though, not exactly a Shield fan here other than his pristine detective work.
4/8/14 9:10 AM
Pitbull3744

Edited: 04/08/14 9:10 AM

He's Mine

Wow to go from this to what he is now, must be fucking hard to swallow.  

4/8/14 9:14 AM
BRZ

Pitbull3744 -

He's Mine

Wow to go from this to what he is now, must be fucking hard to swallow.  

In happier days Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:18 AM
XcessiveZ

What a load of shit. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:25 AM
BubblesNS
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana doesnt quite make sense. He always says, "you guys always bitch that X fighter is boring. Then you bitch when we cut them". News flash, these opposing opinions come from different mma fans. Dana loves to lump mma fans into one homogenous group to make them look like hypocrites, or fickle. He does this to shut down the real question. Why are you letting top tier talent go at all. We all have opinions but Dana is rarely straight with anyone. He is an amateur master manipulator. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:26 AM
Pitbull3744

BubblesNS - Dana doesnt quite make sense. He always says, "you guys always bitch that X fighter is boring. Then you bitch when we cut them". News flash, these opposing opinions come from different mma fans. Dana loves to lump mma fans into one homogenous group to make them look like hypocrites, or fickle. He does this to shut down the real question. Why are you letting top tier talent go at all. We all have opinions but Dana is rarely straight with anyone. He is an amateur master manipulator. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU

4/8/14 9:42 AM
Bay Area

With that logic Bisping should've been gone a long time ago.

It's obvious they keep him to appeal to British fans and he talks trash and gets people interested unlike jake. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:43 AM
ozy12076

Zed Wayne Zed - Unreal.

Shields could beat almost anyone in that WW on any night.

Look forward to the day Dana White is not the face of MMA.

Do you think Dana runs the business alone? Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:45 AM
AustintheWolfe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The logic being used by some of you to discredit DFW's logic is illogical. You claim to apply his logic to other fighters, when in reality,you are not. Dana claims he released Jake because he was past his prime, costing too much per fight,never going to be the guy in WW(which would be the only way he would draw, as he can't put on a show), hasn't improved his stand-up, and was quickly becoming another guy in the upper-midcard who was getting paid to Main-Event. Most of the examples you guys provided do not fit into this explanation. Silva and Chael are both draws in the MW division where there is not as many elite-level fighters. Diego is a long time UFC who consistently puts on exciting performances, and draws money.
4/8/14 9:45 AM
Judge Mental
780 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is 100% correct.

4/8/14 9:48 AM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loxly - Jake's better than all these guys i've never heard of on fight pass and undercards.

Jake makes too much money in the eyes of UFC
You answered your own... statement? Jake makes a lot more money than the guys on prelims so he's gotta perform to that level. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:48 AM
Endowedwelter
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - Dana is right BUT he said she was going to be the guy didn't he? Didn't he bust his ass and make a whole scene when he signed shields after the Hendo fight?

I'm on my phone but I posted it in my other thread a picture with Dana smiling his ass off sitting with shields and pointing to him like oh yeah I got him.

Jake is the same fighter now as he was then Dana. Phone Post 3.0

Go watch highlights from Jakes career pre and post UFC.
4/8/14 9:49 AM
steveAKAslick
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shields was pretty boring, but if he had focused on his standup early in his career and as good as his JJ is I don't think it's crazy TJ say that the dude would have been a beast... Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 9:53 AM
Endowedwelter
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - You'll NEVER build names without keeping guys.

To make a star, they need to beat NAMES.

It's the pro wrestling template and it works.

If you beat a jobber no one knows, what did that do?

If you beat a TV guy on TV it made the fans view you seriously.

Too many cards feature a dozen guys no one knows and this devalues the wins.

Beating Brock Lesnar MADE Cain Velasquez.

Obviously Jake isn't Brock but Jake has headlined a PPV versus GSP and his name was known.

Imagine the guy who KOs Jake? With his name and his chin it would establish credibility straight away.

Continue with cards of 12 Brasilians no one knows and no one will be over. Phone Post 3.0

Cain beating Brock helped his stock for sure but a more accurate statement would be The HW champ has a 13-1 record and 9 of those were TKO/KO. Brock was just some icing.
4/8/14 10:08 AM
Pitbull3744

Endowedwelter - 
Pitbull3744 - Dana is right BUT he said she was going to be the guy didn't he? Didn't he bust his ass and make a whole scene when he signed shields after the Hendo fight?

I'm on my phone but I posted it in my other thread a picture with Dana smiling his ass off sitting with shields and pointing to him like oh yeah I got him.

Jake is the same fighter now as he was then Dana. Phone Post 3.0

Go watch highlights from Jakes career pre and post UFC.

You saying he used to be more active?  If so i agree but the style was the same.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.