UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WSOF Signs Melvin Guillard

4/7/14 9:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeremy Botter ?@jeremybotter 2m

Melvin Guillard has signed a deal with World Series of Fighting. Story coming shortly.
Collapse
4/7/14 9:10 PM
teamquestnorth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah!! Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:38 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Awesome, another one for WSOF.

Sooner or later everyone will recognize it as the true #2 promotion behind the UFC. They are building up their roster with solid talent and my guess is Jake Shields will sign in the next few weeks also.

I do wonder what Melvin got per fight as he was under the impression he was going to get more then the UFC offered which just not possible IMO. We will see though...
4/7/14 9:45 PM
raf_269
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for hear, happy for Melvin. Hoping he shakes things up over at WSOF.

4/7/14 9:47 PM
Paquet90
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think him vs Nick Newell should be a interesting fight if it happens if Nick wins I can't see why he wouldn't be pick up by the UFC Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:49 PM
Good Boy Killa

Wsof champ Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:50 PM
Molsonmuscle360
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 - I think him vs Nick Newell should be a interesting fight if it happens if Nick wins I can't see why he wouldn't be pick up by the UFC Phone Post 3.0

I think if Nick wins his upcoming fight he'll probably get the call.  But Melvin would definitely be a true test of how good his striking defense is against high caliber guys.  That's honestly the only thing I've ever really worried as being a possible impediment for Newell without his hand, is blocking incoming flurries from heavy handed guys.

4/7/14 9:51 PM
chrisbaker

Bellator could learn a thing or two from WSOF. it sucks, they have alot of potential but shitty management has kept them from becoming the legitimate organization behind the ufc. hopefully they learn from their mistakes. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:53 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. 

Still a fan of Melvin.  I don't think he has gotten everything to fall into place just right to reach his potential.  Not sure he ever will, but I generally love watching him scrap.

4/7/14 10:01 PM
Delorian
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerful signing. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:06 PM
doerksenfan
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Explosive signing. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:09 PM
JustAble
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator gets shit on if they want to pick up a former UFC fighter and now WSOF does it a shit ton and it's genius? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:10 PM
MartialArtsMixed
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wsof is like the rebirth of strike force , it's awesome ! Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:11 PM
Rob San Soo

Nice Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:12 PM
Chris27

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Awesome, another one for WSOF.

Sooner or later everyone will recognize it as the true #2 promotion behind the UFC. They are building up their roster with solid talent and my guess is Jake Shields will sign in the next few weeks also.

I do wonder what Melvin got per fight as he was under the impression he was going to get more then the UFC offered which just not possible IMO. We will see though...

Bellator is number 2, better tv deal, better ticket sales, better ratings, more div depth.

But Bellator should be picking up these guys, you just saw Kongo do 850k viewers for his fight on Friday.  Having Shields, melvin, Okami, Palhares, Fitch even if they are boring some of them are still UFC names that can bring in more viewers than Bellators homegrown fighters.

4/7/14 10:15 PM
TheDarkPassenger
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:18 PM
teamquestnorth
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAble - Bellator gets shit on if they want to pick up a former UFC fighter and now WSOF does it a shit ton and it's genius? Phone Post 3.0
Manhoef never fought in the ufc Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 11:05 PM
JustAble
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth -
JustAble - Bellator gets shit on if they want to pick up a former UFC fighter and now WSOF does it a shit ton and it's genius? Phone Post 3.0
No one is talking about him here... Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 11:41 PM
Paquet90
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turdkutter -
Tito Ortiz. Nuff said. Wsof is picking up solid fighters cut from the ufc. Bellashit picks up dinosaurs like Tito. Do the fuckin math egg. Phone Post 3.0
Couldn't agree more bellator is picking up wash up like Tito rampage Joey Beltran Kendal grove vlad and the list goes on and on but yet WSOF picks up top 10-20 fighters that are let go and still have some fights into them no disrespected to the old timers of course Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 11:44 PM
teamquestnorth

JustAble -
teamquestnorth -
Lol yeah you're right. For some reason I thought we were talking manhoef Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 12:15 AM
BrunoMcGyver
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turdkutter - 
Tito Ortiz. Nuff said. Wsof is picking up solid fighters cut from the ufc. Bellashit picks up dinosaurs like Tito. Do the fuckin math egg. Phone Post 3.0

Partly agree, but Bellator have also signed guys like Paul Sass, Terry Etim and Kongo. All three of whom did alright in the UFC imo.
4/8/14 12:17 AM
ABE FROMAN

Bellator can't be #2 with that production.

4/8/14 12:22 AM
elliot91
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth -
JustAble -
teamquestnorth -
Lol yeah you're right. For some reason I thought we were talking manhoef Phone Post 3.0
Lol nothing wrong with dropping random Melvin facts in the mix

Manhoef was the first man to KO mark hunt Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 12:26 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Wsof is establishing itself as the no.2 org for sure. The already have the 2nd best ww division. Followed by one fc. If the keep signing big talent there's no denying their no. 2 spot Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 12:32 AM
CindyO

Oh good. I'll never miss a Melvin fight!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.