UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Holm Offered 15K/15K by UFC.

4/8/14 1:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1653 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently the UFC's offer to Holm was $ 15K/15K. Her manager says she is offered $250,000 to return to boxing for one fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/promoter-holm-initially-offered-15k15k-by-ufc-could-bank-250k-for-boxing-bout/

I don't think any of this is confirmed. Just words out of the mouth of a guy who is payed to negotiate money using any means possible.

4/8/14 1:11 AM
ICEE
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then she would be dumb not to box. Pretty simple to me Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:16 AM
Libero21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about take the boxing bout before she is tied up to a ufc contract, make 250k then pursue her dream in the ufc? Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:17 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd take the 250k, go on record and say "I'll fight Ronda any day of the week, but pay me what I'm worth Dana and we will make this fight happen" Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:18 AM
Feelz Good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then why leave boxing? Even if she becomes the UFC champ, she'll be making half of what she made in boxing. She got a good offer for an unproven fighter. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:18 AM
Pat Giles

PrestigeWorldwide - I'd take the 250k, go on record and say "I'll fight Ronda any day of the week, but pay me what I'm worth Dana and we will make this fight happen" Phone Post 3.0
Is she worth 250k? Lol. No Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:20 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles -
PrestigeWorldwide - I'd take the 250k, go on record and say "I'll fight Ronda any day of the week, but pay me what I'm worth Dana and we will make this fight happen" Phone Post 3.0
If she has an offer for 250k then yes she is, just not to you. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:25 AM
da Vinci 81
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - 
Pat Giles -

IF.

Doubtful she'd still be fighting in regional shows if she's being offered that type of purse in boxing.
4/8/14 1:25 AM
caseharts
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I just don't see how she could generate 250 k worth of revenue. Very few fighters can do that. Even in boxing. If she's getting that she should go back to boxing. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:27 AM
ImTheSandMan
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - 
Pat Giles -

Maybe she is worth 250k, I mean can she be mine for a year.

Ill feed her and everything.
4/8/14 1:28 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - 
Pat Giles -

I'm sure someone would pay LeBron a million to box. Doesn't mean he's worth a million as a boxer

Holm isn't worth much at all as an MMA fighter.

4/8/14 1:39 AM
StephenLangdown
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If 250K is true. Which it probably isn't, she should go back to boxing, lol. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:47 AM
DanHendersonsDentures
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this thread says to me is she thinks her name is a lot bigger than it really is.

I think she is very talented in the stand up and the way she has implemented kicks into her striking so fast is impressive.

However she hasnt been tested on the ground at all, and is not a name in the UFC yet.

If she really did get offered 250k to box, and passed that up the only one who is to blame on that is her. She has a name in female boxing not female MMA. I didnt really know who she was till about a year ago, and thats the problem.

Hardcore fans know who she is, but past that not a single casual fan is ganna know a female fighter who is out on the local scene.

Instead of working of the Holm fight Im more interested in the fight with Cat, cuz TBH she is the only one signed to Zuffa right now that I think has any chance in the world of beating RR.
4/8/14 1:49 AM
Feelz Good

PrestigeWorldwide -
Pat Giles -
They're different sports though. That's like demanding $100,000 a year to work at Arby's because you went to law school and passed the bar. They're two different professions. She's not gonna make more than twice what Ronda does ever, at least not in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 1:57 AM
Mike PyleDriver
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way she got offered 250k or even close to that. However, really ufc?? 15k/15k for someone to main event a ppv and fight for a title. She should at least been offered 40/40 Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 2:00 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike PyleDriver - No way she got offered 250k or even close to that. However, really ufc?? 15k/15k for someone to main event a ppv and fight for a title. She should at least been offered 40/40 Phone Post 3.0

She's not worth that for mma

She's not beating anyone in mma and was 2-1 as a kickboxer

4/8/14 2:02 AM
DanHendersonsDentures
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike PyleDriver - No way she got offered 250k or even close to that. However, really ufc?? 15k/15k for someone to main event a ppv and fight for a title. She should at least been offered 40/40 Phone Post 3.0

IIReadingC she wasnt going to fight for the title right away and was said to be on increment pay raises per win like Zuffa has with other fighters.
4/8/14 2:06 AM
House Boru

yeah boxing is dead

-UG
4/8/14 2:13 AM
Genghis84

Feelz Good - Then why leave boxing? Even if she becomes the UFC champ, she'll be making half of what she made in boxing. She got a good offer for an unproven fighter. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. Ronda only got paid 15K/17K in Strikeforce for winning the title from Miesha Tate. Then got 20K/20K for finishing 15-1 Sarah Kaufman in her first title defense. Yet I don't remember any huge outcry at the time that Ronda was massively underpaid. And she had a far more impressive MMA resume than Holm.
4/8/14 2:16 AM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she really got offered 250K, she should've signed it already. Why even delay that for even a second lol.

4/8/14 2:26 AM
Genghis84

Holly has fought small 125ers with unimpressive ground games. So she has been able to keep it standing and showcase her striking up to now. That's not happening in the UFC against grapplers like Rousey, Zingano, McMann, etc. I bet even Kaufman would try to take it to the ground against Holm.
4/8/14 2:35 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Bowl of mma Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 2:41 AM
Brian J DSouza

Genghis84 - 
Feelz Good - Then why leave boxing? Even if she becomes the UFC champ, she'll be making half of what she made in boxing. She got a good offer for an unproven fighter. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. Ronda only got paid 15K/17K in Strikeforce for winning the title from Miesha Tate. Then got 20K/20K for finishing 15-1 Sarah Kaufman in her first title defense. Yet I don't remember any huge outcry at the time that Ronda was massively underpaid. And she had a far more impressive MMA resume than Holm.

If Ronda draws 200,000-300,000 in PPV buys, the UFC makes approx $5-$8 million dollars. Would you take a title shot for 15/15 in that context?
4/8/14 2:41 AM
stanneh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she is worth a hell of a lot more than 15/15.
4/8/14 2:43 AM
Osbot

Why do people doubt she got offered 250k?

My understanding is that she is a pretty big draw in New Mexico or something and she main events sold out arenas. There is no TV money I'm guessing but there probably is a millionish gate. If she is the draw then 250k is perfectly reasonable. Promote banks on ~1m gate. Probably pays out 50-60% of the expected gate to the fighters, then pays for the backend out of his end and takes home a nice chunk at the end of the day.

You know, revenue split about like every other professional sport around except the UFC where fighter take is absurdly low, while the Eggfather flies snow in to his driveway and swims laps in his gold filled pool.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.