UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Gina Carano deserves immediate title shot" -Ronda

4/9/14 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jagen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9/5598962/dana-white-ronda-rousey-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title
4/9/14 6:26 PM
jagen

Edited: 04/09/14 6:27 PM
"I think it would be the best thing for women's MMA," said Rousey, who wasn't scheduled to be part of the event pushing UFC 173, but showed up midway through. "I think it would be the highest profile fight that could be done. I don't think it would make sense for her to come back and fight somebody else and take the risk of maybe losing and not being able to capitalize on the fight between me and her. I think it would make more sense to go straight to a title fight."

go read the whole article...this is only one paragraph.
4/9/14 6:27 PM
rockwell
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah if I was Rousey I'd think that too.
Pity everybody else doesn't buy it. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:27 PM
gokudamus

agreed...

4/9/14 6:32 PM
Rampage11

That would be a horrible fight. Rhonda would snap her arm in the first round. Gina would have terrible cardio and ring rust... Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:34 PM
jagen

It's the biggest drawing fight they could make in the women's division, and I think the casual fans won't have a problem getting behind it. After all this sport is fueled by the casual fan...

Don't get me wrong, this fight only makes sense because of the money that would be made by all parties. It's going to be hilarious when the UFC sells Gina as a legit contender who has a chance of dethroning the champ.
4/9/14 6:35 PM
HBwrestler

Ronda Rousey = Female Jon Jones

4/9/14 6:36 PM
jagen

Rampage11 - That would be a horrible fight. Rhonda would snap her arm in the first round. Gina would have terrible cardio and ring rust... Phone Post 3.0

Gina will be the first opponent Ronda will feel comfortable standing against, I could even see her dropping Carano. Then the UFC can sell the shit out of Ronda having KO power and great hands and all that BS.
4/9/14 6:38 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina Carano's last fight took place on August 15, 2009, so yeah, seems legit.
4/9/14 6:38 PM
mixedmartialfarts
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this debacle actually happens, hopefully Carano gets PAID because it would be pretty fucked to just throw her to the wolves on her first fight back.  At least give her a tuneup fight or two...

4/9/14 6:40 PM
jagen

mixedmartialfarts - 

If this debacle actually happens, hopefully Carano gets PAID because it would be pretty fucked to just throw her to the wolves on her first fight back.  At least give her a tuneup fight or two...

She'd get paid, she's a big draw and has crossover markets from movies etc...This fight is all about the money, the only thing competitive coming out of this fight is who gets paid more.
4/9/14 6:41 PM
Horace.P.McTitties

RoNda is Dana's drone Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:42 PM
shaqitup
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's basically because she's hot, men will be more willing to watch a hot chick than some random 8-3 wmma fighter.
jjchgo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zzzzzzzzzzzz
youarewhatiswrong
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'll be the equivalent of Royce coming out of retirement to fight Matt Hughes.
4/9/14 6:44 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: I want a super easy fight that will make me a bunch of money Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:45 PM
Original_Tazuna

Its funny to me how Ronda wants to fight her so bad but doesnt want to fight the woman who beat her ass.
So if she wants to talk about whats good for the sport then she needs to step up as champion.

But no I think to make it fair for Gina they should give her a fight before she fights Ronda which is a good stylistic match for her.

Also it would make it a much mroe anticipated fight however I doubt they will give her a fight first as they favour there prize girl.
4/9/14 6:53 PM
youarewhatiswrong
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Original_Tazuna - Its funny to me how Ronda wants to fight her so bad but doesnt want to fight the woman who beat her ass.
So if she wants to talk about whats good for the sport then she needs to step up as champion.

But no I think to make it fair for Gina they should give her a fight before she fights Ronda which is a good stylistic match for her.

Also it would make it a much mroe anticipated fight however I doubt they will give her a fight first as they favour there prize girl.

Except that, chemically and hormonally, it wasn't a woman that beat her ass.
4/9/14 6:55 PM
chilz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jagen -
Rampage11 - That would be a horrible fight. Rhonda would snap her arm in the first round. Gina would have terrible cardio and ring rust... Phone Post 3.0

Gina will be the first opponent Ronda will feel comfortable standing against, I could even see her dropping Carano. Then the UFC can sell the shit out of Ronda having KO power and great hands and all that BS.
What are you talking about?You do know Gina's background is in Muay Thai,right? If anything,Ronda would want to get her on the mat asap. Most all of the Ronda's opponents have had a grappling background. Gina does not. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:56 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already hyping up the match! Seen multiple articles now with Ronda taking about Gina. Pressure is on Gina to sign a deal now. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:56 PM
Good Boy Killa

But cyborg who smashed Gina in Gina's last fight doesn't deserve anything lol Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 6:59 PM
Rob San Soo

Didn't Gina lose to crybrog ? This fn stupid shit, only money fights matter now? Straight laughable shit latly Phone Post 3.0
4/9/14 7:00 PM
Phisher

"I want a giant paycheck."

- Ronda Rousey

4/9/14 7:05 PM
Drewout
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolute BS - Gina got smashed by Cyborg and will have too much rust, she has been out too long.

Honda just wants the payday and the UFC will give it to her....

The UFC is all WWE entertainment business now, not a legitimate contender versus contender best person fights for the belt sports league.
4/9/14 7:11 PM
The Sultan
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina needs a couple of warm up fights. Ring rust is real.

You dont take a few years off from fighting and training and then jump in against the number 1 womens mma champion....youll be setting yourself up for failure.

She needs a real gimme fight. Get her back in the swing of things....then a tougher opponent....ideally, one more good one, then title shot.

Ofcourse Ronda wants her to get an immediate title shot. She has the highest chance of winning in conjunction with making the most money. Its really a win/win for her. Shes sharp, been training consistently for some time now and has a lot of very recent experience fighting.

Gina should take her time and get back in to it the right way. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.