UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> 2014 NHL Playoffs Thread

4/15/14 6:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Harlem Savoy
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stone Rolled - No one even mentioned Boston? Are you guys retarded? Boston and Ducks for final!
Ducks in 6. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 8:55 AM
Darup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

choadler -
Darup - Let's go Red Wings! Phone Post
Sorry for your loss. Phone Post 3.0
Detroit is getting healthy now. They would be one of the top seeds without all the injuries. Also Detroit has beat Boston 3 out of 4 games this year. Phone Post
4/15/14 9:25 AM
MayorPirkle
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darup -
choadler -
Darup - Let's go Red Wings! Phone Post
Sorry for your loss. Phone Post 3.0
Detroit is getting healthy now. They would be one of the top seeds without all the injuries. Also Detroit has beat Boston 3 out of 4 games this year. Phone Post
Detroit wouldn't be anywhere near the top even if they had 0 injuries all year. They have average goaltending, weak defense, and aside from Datsyuk and Zetterberg, either really inconsistent or unproven forwards. Nyquist and Tatar have been exceptional, but playoffs is a whole new ballgame. Detroit is an ok team, but by no means are they capable of a top seed even if healthy. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 9:36 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boston has a GREAT team but if there is one team that could upset them as an 8 seed it would be Detroit. I think how the refs call the series will have a big impact due to the difference in physicality with Boston being the most physical and Detroit one of the least physical teams.

I am just hoping Fleury shows up with his A game this year. Not sure the Pens have the depth to win the cup this year unless they steal some games with goaltending.

Even though the East is clearly weaker than the West, there could be some great matchups. I'd guess we will see Bruins vs Habs and Pens vs Flyers in the second round. That would make for some great playoff hockey!
4/15/14 9:38 AM
bruddahoodaman
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best tournament in sports. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:06 AM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's Go AVS!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:07 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bostons a lock for the cup IMO.

Perfectly built team.

Cant lose.

4/15/14 10:14 AM
SD CARTEL OWNS ALL

WhoShotYushinOkami -

Perfectly built team.

Cant lose.

Unless they lose in the first round! I know regular season hardly means anything but didn't the bruins lose 3/4 to Detroit? Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:21 AM
Mata_Leon
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami - 

Perfectly built team.

Cant lose.

They are a well built team and if Rask stays hot they will be tough to beat. With that said, I just have a feeling that they are looking passed the Wings and will lose in the first round. If they get out of the first round, I don't see anyone in the East beating them (including my Pens).
4/15/14 10:26 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SD CARTEL OWNS ALL - 
WhoShotYushinOkami -

Perfectly built team.

Cant lose.

Unless they lose in the first round! I know regular season hardly means anything but didn't the bruins lose 3/4 to Detroit? Phone Post 3.0

They are playoff battle tested and I expect nothing but the best from them.

I like Detroit and Babcock is a hell of a coach. But his players are not ready for the Bruins!

And once Boston gets by Detroit, its clear sailing IMO.

4/15/14 10:29 AM
Body Shots
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boston can get upset by the Kings in the finals :) Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:36 AM
ChicagoTom
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kaner and captain serious are back. Go Hawks Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:40 AM
Chest Rockwell
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's go STARS!!! I fully expect an ass kicking but I'm just glad the drought is over. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:46 AM
Combat Sport Fan

My bruins are built for this and its time to flip the switch.

and those 3 losses to detroit in the regular season, id call one legit, another the bruins clearly didnt show up, and the last loss was just a team coasting to a presidents trophy.

Bruins will suffocate the wings in 5 or 6 games. detroit is banged up with their vets and their young guys might not be ready.

In the west i have St louis flipping the switch and making a run.
4/15/14 10:56 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue please..

http://postmediaprovince.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/canucks-logo4.jpg
4/15/14 10:57 AM
RKing85
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three weeks ago I would have been tickeled pink over a Chicago/St. Louis first round series.

Not so much any more.

Chicago in 5.
4/15/14 10:58 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami

Edited: 04/15/14 10:58 AM

^^^ This guy knows the deal. (meant in reference to combat sport fan)

I dont have to like them to know the Bruins are built for this.

They have the experience AND depth to get this done and they will!

4/15/14 11:00 AM
Mata_Leon
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat Sport Fan - My bruins are built for this and its time to flip the switch.

and those 3 losses to detroit in the regular season, id call one legit, another the bruins clearly didnt show up, and the last loss was just a team coasting to a presidents trophy.

Bruins will suffocate the wings in 5 or 6 games. detroit is banged up with their vets and their young guys might not be ready.

In the west i have St louis flipping the switch and making a run.

St. Louis peaked too early this year and Miller is off his game. They don't get passed Chicago.
4/15/14 11:02 AM
Combat Sport Fan

Chicago seems like they arent ready for it, back to backs are really tough, i wouldnt be surprised to see them gas out after game 3
4/15/14 11:06 AM
aLionMauledMyRyan
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aLionMauledMyRyan - Any Rangers fans want a sn bet? I bleed orange and black. Maybe I should see a doctor about that?

Anyways, I'm thinking the duration of the bet is the entire stanly cup playoffs.

Bring it on Blue-Shirts! Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 11:36 AM
Mata_Leon

Combat Sport Fan - Chicago seems like they arent ready for it, back to backs are really tough, i wouldnt be surprised to see them gas out after game 3

The Blues have dropped the last six and have been shutout four out of the last eight. Scoring has always been their issue in the playoffs and although they started the season strong, they are losing the touch going into the playoffs again. If they want any chance at beating Chicago, they need to do it in low score games. With Miller not on his game, I just don't see it. I can see Crawford getting hot and Toews and Kane putting up solid numbers now that they are rested. Chicago in 5 or 6.
4/15/14 1:40 PM
Gunny Highway
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aLionMauledMyRyan -
aLionMauledMyRyan - Any Rangers fans want a sn bet? I bleed orange and black. Maybe I should see a doctor about that?

Anyways, I'm thinking the duration of the bet is the entire stanly cup playoffs.

Bring it on Blue-Shirts! Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
It's on you cheesesteak lover... Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 1:43 PM
choadler
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftStrong - Boston has a GREAT team but if there is one team that could upset them as an 8 seed it would be Detroit. I think how the refs call the series will have a big impact due to the difference in physicality with Boston being the most physical and Detroit one of the least physical teams.

I am just hoping Fleury shows up with his A game this year. Not sure the Pens have the depth to win the cup this year unless they steal some games with goaltending.

Even though the East is clearly weaker than the West, there could be some great matchups. I'd guess we will see Bruins vs Habs and Pens vs Flyers in the second round. That would make for some great playoff hockey!
Agree with some of what you said. In general though, Bos should be able to wear down detroit. Id rather not fuck with the physicality now though. Id loke to see a straight up game w bos d dominating. Want to save physicality for next round if we can straight up beat detroit.

2nd round matchups? Yes, could be awesome.

Detroit, like Chicago, is a team i could root for. Original 6, great teams with few douchebags. Want Boston to take it all, but i like these 2 teams. New York can suck the bacon strips off of my toilet though. Fuck you penguins, fuck ypu Montreal. Fuck you Toron.... oh, wait, they are golfing. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 1:45 PM
MayorPirkle
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller is not the goalie to lead a team through the grind to the cup. Should have gone for a Cam Ward type instead. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 1:47 PM
MayorPirkle

I'm just praying for a Habs/Bruins matchup in round 2, worth the price of admission all by itself Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.