UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GLORY Last Man Standing

4/16/14 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Love it!

8-Man 1-Night Kickboxing Tournament, First in Over 20 Years on Pay-Per-View Saturday, June 21st, LIVE from The Forum, Presented by Chase

NEW YORK, April 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- GLORY, the world's premier kickboxing league, today announced its inaugural Pay-Per-View (PPV) event, GLORY: LAST MAN STANDING, to be broadcast live from the Forum, Presented by Chase, in Inglewood, California on Saturday, June 21st at 10:00 pm ET.

GLORY: LAST MAN STANDING features eight of the word's best middleweights colliding in a one-night, winner-take-all tournament to determine who will be crowned GLORY Middleweight World Champion. "The GLORY fans tell us they have been waiting for the return of live combative tournaments on a scale they know GLORY understands. We are experienced with these multi-fighter formats overseas and now with the eight man tournament on Pay-Per-View, we will finally bring it to them," said Andrew Whitaker, GLORY Sports International CEO. "This is a thrill-packed event where the winner will have to fight three times in one adrenaline-fueled night."

Seven top-ranked middleweight tournament contenders -- Joe Schilling (USA)Wayne Barrett (USA),Alex Pereira (BRA)Filip Verlinden (BEL), Bogdan Stoica (ROM), Simon Marcus (CAN), and Melvin Manhoef (NED) -- have been confirmed so far, with the final competitor to be announced at a later date.

Read rest here:

http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/view/501

4/16/14 6:04 PM
savage043
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Melvin!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/16/14 6:15 PM
Brigham
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they are making a massive mistake going to PPV so early in their short history in the US market. That said I will order Phone Post 3.0
4/16/14 6:16 PM
J_Gar
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitley goin' to this! The NEW FORUM in Inglewood has become such a better venue after all the updates and refurbishing have been completed. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/14 6:19 PM
MMAHAWK
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got my tickets this morning
4/16/14 6:21 PM
shaqitup
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may not be a huge follower of kickboxing, but the only name i recognize is Melvin?

Doesn't seem viable for a PPV format.
4/16/14 6:22 PM
jjchgo
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant wait for this! hell i cant wait for every Glory event.
4/21/14 5:39 PM
RickStorm
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

4/21/14 8:09 PM
CaliKush
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 8:11 PM
juicer
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAHAWK - Got my tickets this morning
Nice. I'm jealous Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 8:33 PM
genshi
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope last competitor is Wakeling or Levin! Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 8:48 PM
MMAHAWK
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I am understanding correctly there will be an entire Glory 17 event followed by the ppv tournament and a few super fights?
4/21/14 10:57 PM
crazydave
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glory is so much better than UFC now. Crazy. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 11:16 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvin will win without a problem..
4/23/14 9:20 AM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - Melvin will win without a problem..

lol you have to be trolling; he's probably the tournament's underdog
4/23/14 12:41 PM
mattglov01
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm buying Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 12:50 PM
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAHAWK - If I am understanding correctly there will be an entire Glory 17 event followed by the ppv tournament and a few super fights?

Rumour is that Glory 17 on Spike will be a 4 man FW World Championship tournament and then the PPV will be the 8 man MW tournament and Verhoeven vs Ghita for the HW title also.

Basically its an absolutely massive night for kickboxing fans, potentially 3 world champions crowned in 1 night!
4/23/14 12:56 PM
GLORY World Series
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GLORY World Series, Kickboxing
EckY - 
MMAHAWK - If I am understanding correctly there will be an entire Glory 17 event followed by the ppv tournament and a few super fights?

Rumour is that Glory 17 on Spike will be a 4 man FW World Championship tournament and then the PPV will be the 8 man MW tournament and Verhoeven vs Ghita for the HW title also.

Basically its an absolutely massive night for kickboxing fans, potentially 3 world champions crowned in 1 night!

wow. That sounds like it could be an awesome night of fights. What an exciting rumor :)

4/23/14 1:24 PM
Hattonscokedealer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is a stacked tournament.  Mevlin is definitely not the favorite in the tournament.

4/23/14 1:35 PM
RickStorm

GLORY World Series - 
EckY - 

wow. That sounds like it could be an awesome night of fights. What an exciting rumor :)

=)

4/23/14 6:22 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much is the ppv? will it be an internet ppv?

4/23/14 7:11 PM
rpgmaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow! Sounds awesome! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 7:43 PM
Nexuscrawlers
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rpgmaster - Wow! Sounds awesome! Phone Post 3.0
This. Can't wait. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/14 7:56 PM
DSCH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GLORY never die
4/23/14 8:03 PM
WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glory should make an xbox app Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.