UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg not a woman, an 'it'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/18/14 8:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dakotajudo
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey freman - 
dakotajudo -
Huey freman - She's fucking right.

A woman who takes the MALE sex hormone is no longer a woman.

Any idiots want the female divisions to have the same freak factor as female bodybuilding then bring in cyborg, why not have a mini tournament with Fallon fox an gabi Garcia all in the same cage, may as well because it couldn't be any more ridiculous.

As an added bonus you would attract the trench coat crowd masturbating in the front row. Phone Post 3.0

"A woman who takes the MALE sex hormone is no longer a woman."

Men and women both produce the same hormones, just in different ratios. One of the more interesting side effects of this is the 2D:4D digit ratio - the relative lengths of your second and fourth fingers. It affects such things as being gay - http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v404/n6777/abs/404455a0.html - and is determined by the ratio of testosterone and estrogen produced by the mother during pregnancy.

In some cases, men dope not by taking exogenous testosterone, but by taking an aromatase inhibitor, which blocks endogenous estrogen production in men.

Is such a person no longer a man?

This, I think, is what MattyECB means by a double standard.
And obviously the comparison from what you are saying of a man suppressing estrogen is a woman suppressing her testosterone.

Is this what cyborg is doing or is she doing the opposite? Think about it before making dumb arguments that don't mean fuck all. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, you're right, I was rushed.

The dumb argument that doesn't mean fuck all is the sexualization you inserted into the debate.

The issue isn't that Cyborg is a women using a MALE sex hormone. She wasn't busted for a specifically androgenic hormone; she tested positive for stanozolol, which has a pretty high anabolic/androgenic ratio, compared to testosterone. It's not a good example of a sex hormone.

So it should be discussed in the same way we would discuss HGH, insulin or EPO.

Phil Baroni, Chris Leben and Tim Silvia have also tested positive for stanozolol. Did this make the UFC ridiculous?

You would also be wrong that a man suppressing estrogen is the same as a woman suppressing testosterone; not in the context of performance enhancement. It's an indirect doping mechanism; briefly, since estradiol is the final product of testosterone metabolism. As such, it provides a strong negative feedback to the hypothalamus-pituitary axis; thus inhibiting conversion of testosterone to estradiol is expected to act as a stimulus to LH, thus to more testosterone.

On the other hand, suppressing testosterone in women would have the secondary effect of suppressing estrogen, since, of course, testosterone is a precursor. No, the equivalent in women would be using an androgenic antagonist, since it's androgenic effects effects of testosterone that are unwanted, not the anabolic effects.

It that was too much, I can simplify why I find your comments offensive. Cyborg used a drug for its anabolic effects; you turned it into a sex thing.
4/18/14 9:00 PM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - I came here to vote down OP. Phone Post 3.0

ditto
4/18/14 9:00 PM
pegson123

I'm over it.

But history clearly shows cyborg fled the UFC Phone Post
4/18/14 9:15 PM
trainhardtwoin

lol This site is filled with Ronda Rousey haters.

Cyborg got busted for steroids. Everyone had been saying it for years before she got busted for steroids. "That thing is on steroids." Now all of a sudden Ronda Rousey insults Cyborg for her cheating. Everyone is lashing out for derogatory remarks to someone who has cheated to get where they are. She has a good point. If Cyborg never wanted to be insulted for steroids. She should of never did it. And then try to lie when she was busted. I like Cyborg and I would like to see her continue fighting cleanly. As of right now though... I think Ronda Rousey will beat Cyborg. Cyborg is not that good of a striker shes just very aggressive and overwhelming. All of which helps Ronda Rousey's style. Cyborg hasn't really knocked anyone out regardless of how many times she repeatedly hits someone. So she usually ends up getting in a clinch. She almost got caught in armbar by Marloes coenen. Being put in bad spots by Marloes Coenen tells me she wouldn't last long against Ronda Rousey.
4/18/14 9:16 PM
voodoo child
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SporkChop - 
CS Raven - Ronda does not have normal hormone levels for a female.

I find her quite mannish.

Which makes her comments even more Ironic.

MANLY WOMAN CALLS OUT SLIGHTLY MANLIER WOMAN

Exactly.

I've spent a lot of time in bodybuilding circles, and women that compete in BB all say that Rhonda has total testosterone levels around 150-200 ng/dl; in other words, Rhonda's levels are about what Alistair Overeem has, naturally.

Rhonda's levels are high enough to have lowered her voice and filled out her body in the shoulders, chest, and calves, while giving her a man-like ass.

Remember that sketch on in living color where Jim Carrey pretended to be that woman "Vera de Milo"? Cheesy video warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0Tdxybvic

... but Rhonda's voice is just like Jim Carrey's.

Rhonda's voice is a dead giveaway for sky high testosterone to anyone that's spent time around women that use exogenous androgens/anabolics.

I don't know about the numbers you posted but wouldn't MMA training naturally raise testosterone levels especially in a female??
4/18/14 9:25 PM
trainhardtwoin

voodoo child - 
SporkChop - 

Exactly.

I've spent a lot of time in bodybuilding circles, and women that compete in BB all say that Rhonda has total testosterone levels around 150-200 ng/dl; in other words, Rhonda's levels are about what Alistair Overeem has, naturally.

Rhonda's levels are high enough to have lowered her voice and filled out her body in the shoulders, chest, and calves, while giving her a man-like ass.

Remember that sketch on in living color where Jim Carrey pretended to be that woman "Vera de Milo"? Cheesy video warning

Rhonda's voice is a dead giveaway for sky high testosterone to anyone that's spent time around women that use exogenous androgens/anabolics.

I don't know about the numbers you posted but wouldn't MMA training naturally raise testosterone levels especially in a female??

I think the guy clearly has no idea what hes talking about. How are you going to throw out random numbers? She filled out? If anything I have noticed Ronda has become a lot smaller than when she first came on the MMA scene.
A man ass? lol. We just had a thread on this site not too long ago posting modeling pictures of Ronda. Shes obviously a very attractive woman. But from what I've seen of some of the men on this website... if a womans cheekbones aren't just right then they are like "ewwwww" lol.
4/18/14 9:32 PM
JudoknowNothing

Jimmies being rustled left n right
Lolololololol Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 9:33 PM
58miles
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
Genghis84 - 
Huey freman - She's fucking right.

A woman who takes the MALE sex hormone is no longer a woman.

Any idiots want the female divisions to have the same freak factor as female bodybuilding then bring in cyborg, why not have a mini tournament with Fallon fox an gabi Garcia all in the same cage, may as well because it couldn't be any more ridiculous.

As an added bonus you would attract the trench coat crowd masturbating in the front row. Phone Post 3.0

I'd watch Cyborg/Gabi. Would be funny to see Cyborg have to deal with someone much bigger and more juiced than herself for once. Imagine the whining afterwards by the Cyborg fanboys... Gabi had an unfair size advantage, was too strong, is obviously a roider.

Everything else aside, Gabi _is_ a roider. Or rather she was stripped of her 2013 IBJJF medals because she tested positive for an estrogen blocker, which isn't far off.

Gabi Garcia was stripped of her title for Clomiphene which is a fertility drug which has very few benefits for female athletes.
This is what the USADA said about her situation:
After a thorough review of the case, USADA was able to conclude, to a comfortable satisfaction, that Garcia had not acted negligently and was not at fault for the positive test. Although Garcia was not found to be at fault or to have acted negligently, in accordance with the Code, a violation of the anti-doping rules in connection with an In-Competition test automatically leads to the disqualification of all results obtained in that competition. While her results from the IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships shall be disqualified, Garcia did not receive a period of ineligibility and, in accordance with the Code, remains eligible to compete.

The USADA doesn't think Gabi used Clomiphene to gain any advantage in competition and didn't even suspend her for her positive test.
4/18/14 9:33 PM
Bosniantopteam

Every woman should not fight. It is stupid for woman to fight I will never watch the woman fight.
4/18/14 9:35 PM
MattyECB
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All right, to help stem the tide of butt fuck idiots pretending they know science -- I'd like to remind everyone that all males AND all females have testosterone and estrogen, they're just in different ratios.

Whether a man games his T levels so they're completely out of whack relative to his physiological estrogen levels and other hormones is no fucking different than a woman gaming her T levels so they're completely out of whack relative to her physiological estrogen levels.

So yes, T is a male hormone insofar as triggering the SRY gene present only on the Y chromosome allows a T spike earlier in male feti (XY) than female feti (XX) -- which in turn causes sexual dimorphism during the critical embryonic period by forming the male gonads, but that does NOT mean these hormones aren't both present in males and females and aren't both necessary for males and females to function naturally.

Jacking up your T to turn into a freak is just that and it occurs irrespective of sex -- the appearance is just a lot fuck uglier in chicks than males since they begin to adopt male secondary characteristics. But at the end of the day you have a person completely gaming his hormone ratios to turn him into a super athlete, and I don't think it's particularly important whether your T levels are higher or lower before you choose to be a cheating fuck and game them completely out of whack

4/18/14 9:36 PM
58miles
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voodoo child - 

These pictures were after taken after Cyborg won the Strikeforce 145lb belt.
4/18/14 9:45 PM
MattyECB
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trainhardtwoin - lol This site is filled with Ronda Rousey haters.

Cyborg got busted for steroids. Everyone had been saying it for years before she got busted for steroids. "That thing is on steroids." Now all of a sudden Ronda Rousey insults Cyborg for her cheating. Everyone is lashing out for derogatory remarks to someone who has cheated to get where they are. She has a good point. If Cyborg never wanted to be insulted for steroids. She should of never did it. And then try to lie when she was busted. I like Cyborg and I would like to see her continue fighting cleanly. As of right now though... I think Ronda Rousey will beat Cyborg. Cyborg is not that good of a striker shes just very aggressive and overwhelming. All of which helps Ronda Rousey's style. Cyborg hasn't really knocked anyone out regardless of how many times she repeatedly hits someone. So she usually ends up getting in a clinch. She almost got caught in armbar by Marloes coenen. Being put in bad spots by Marloes Coenen tells me she wouldn't last long against Ronda Rousey.

Until we see it we won't know, we also see Ronda eat tons of punches as she transitions to clinch range and she has appeared stunned a few times before. Whether or not Cyborg is getting KOs she punches a fuck ton harder than most of the ppl Ronda has faced and has developped and extremely impressive BJJ game.

I also don't know why in the hell you'd say she's not a good striker, she just managed to go the distance with a pure MT fighter who was virtually the equivalent to Mike Tyson lol Like seriously, I don't care how badly AS would've been beat, if he could've gone the distance with a prime RJJ I'd JMP

I just want this fucking fight to happen already man, this is going to turn into the next GSP-AS and get talked about forever lol

I'd still pick Ronda, but I could absolutely seeing her get leveled by Cyborg or at least knocked down and put into bottom position. I mean hell, I thought Ronda was gonna get subbed in the neck crank against Carmouche and I know she said she was fine, but that was anything, but a good position to be in...

Not that I think that means much, just that you can certainly cherry pick moments from any fighter's career

4/18/14 9:46 PM
MattyECB

SporkChop - 
voodoo child - 
SporkChop - 

Exactly.

Normal levels in women are 20-70 or so. Rhonda's are easily double that... I'd guess tripling the high range to account for gross-physical changes in her voice.

Like I said, I've been around a lot of women bodybuilders that try and keep their voices from changing but still compete at a high level; it just doesn't happen in the real world that a woman's voice is as deep as Rhonda's without man-level T levels.

Listen to cyborg's voice. Shit, I'm not making this up. Rhonda probably has a condition that causes overproduction of testosterone from her ovaries or adrenals... a lot of things can do it.

How did these fellow competitors get an accurate reading on Rhonda's T levels if I may ask?

trainhardtwoin

SporkChop - 
voodoo child - 
SporkChop - 

Exactly.

Normal levels in women are 20-70 or so. Rhonda's are easily double that... I'd guess tripling the high range to account for gross-physical changes in her voice.

Like I said, I've been around a lot of women bodybuilders that try and keep their voices from changing but still compete at a high level; it just doesn't happen in the real world that a woman's voice is as deep as Rhonda's without man-level T levels.

Listen to cyborg's voice. Shit, I'm not making this up. Rhonda probably has a condition that causes overproduction of testosterone from her ovaries or adrenals... a lot of things can do it.

I've heard women with the same voice frequency as Ronda's that aren't on steroids. So I think your assumptions are quite asinine. And they don't have any manly features at all. Just sounds like they kinda have a frog in the throat.
voodoo child
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She said she would be honored to fight Gina Carano. Would Gina also have to drop to 135 as well?
4/18/14 9:48 PM
trainhardtwoin

MattyECB - 

Until we see it we won't know, we also see Ronda eat tons of punches as she transitions to clinch range and she has appeared stunned a few times before. Whether or not Cyborg is getting KOs she punches a fuck ton harder than most of the ppl Ronda has faced and has developped and extremely impressive BJJ game.

I also don't know why in the hell you'd say she's not a good striker, she just managed to go the distance with a pure MT fighter who was virtually the equivalent to Mike Tyson lol Like seriously, I don't care how badly AS would've been beat, if he could've gone the distance with a prime RJJ I'd JMP

I just want this fucking fight to happen already man, this is going to turn into the next GSP-AS and get talked about forever lol

I'd still pick Ronda, but I could absolutely seeing her get leveled by Cyborg or at least knocked down and put into bottom position. I mean hell, I thought Ronda was gonna get subbed in the neck crank against Carmouche and I know she said she was fine, but that was anything, but a good position to be in...

Not that I think that means much, just that you can certainly cherry pick moments from any fighter's career

You have a point, I should of not said bad striker. But shes not a super hard hitter. Shes battered a lot of females and they withstood it. Usually it gets stopped due to referee stoppage.
4/18/14 10:02 PM
dan0s

ShaneMillerBJJ - I know these examples aren't really the same but I think they're close enough to compare. Matt Mitrione gets shit about talking about Fallon Fox being a man and fighting women, which he could have picked his words better. Now Rousey calls Cyborg an "it" as an insult. Wanna bet she's not gonna hear anything from Zuffa? Phone Post 3.0
This is exactly what I thought of when I read this Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 10:12 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - 

This is a very good, and reasonable post.

The reasons you cited above are the ones that make me believe Cyborg will win. Some Ronda nuthuggers think that the only chance Cyborg has is one-shot Ronda -- which is pretty stupid, IMO.

It's clear that Ronda can't stand and box. Once she starts to eat punches, she goes to her conformt zone and clinches (see her two fights against Miesha Tate and her fight with Sara McMann). Cyborg doesn't need to k.o. Rousey, just need to put her on the defensive and, then, punish her.

On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she. This is not the case of Cyborg.

For the record, Cyborg has very strong hips and has a very good level of wrestling. She has been training judo defense for over two years now. I can see her suplexing Ronda from the clinch. And, I am no expert, but it seems like a judo move in the video above... 

At 145 lbs., Cyborg would win decisively, IMO. If Cyborg can make 135 lbs. (I don't think she can), I have no idea how the fight will go... she might lose a lot of strength and cardio.

4/18/14 10:15 PM
Gennady Goblin

"On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she"

Yeah, like that puny weakling Julia Budd.

What?

4/18/14 10:17 PM
Gennady Goblin

And there's no way on earth that Cyborg would beat Ronda.

What does Cyborg do in every fight? Rush into clinches and try to muscleslop smaller girls around with no technique

What happened when Ronda fought girls as big and strong as Cyborg? She clinches them and tosses them on their head and armbars them in 20 seconds.

Ronda would obliterate her.
4/18/14 10:27 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gennady Goblin - "On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she"

Yeah, like that puny weakling Julia Budd.

What?

She tripped Budd.

4/18/14 10:29 PM
trainhardtwoin

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
MattyECB - 

The reasons you cited above are the ones that make me believe Cyborg will win. Some Ronda nuthuggers think that the only chance Cyborg has is one-shot Ronda -- which is pretty stupid, IMO.

It's clear that Ronda can't stand and box. Once she starts to eat punches, she goes to her conformt zone and clinches (see her two fights against Miesha Tate and her fight with Sara McMann). Cyborg doesn't need to k.o. Rousey, just need to put her on the defensive and, then, punish her.

On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she. This is not the case of Cyborg.

For the record, Cyborg has very strong hips and has a very good level of wrestling. She has been training judo defense for over two years now. I can see her suplexing Ronda from the clinch. And, I am no expert, but it seems like a judo move in the video above... 

At 145 lbs., Cyborg would win decisively, IMO. If Cyborg can make 135 lbs. (I don't think she can), I have no idea how the fight will go... she might lose a lot of strength and cardio.

Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate. Cyborg is just too aggressive to fight Rousey. The only reason why Marloes connen couldn't take advantage was because Marloes coenen is not used to getting below someones hips while initiating the throw. The issue of a white belt. Marloes coenen then almost caught Cyborg in an armbar. You don't want to be found defending Rousey's armbar. Ronda Rousey will have no issues tossing Cyborg or tripping her. That is how I forsee it after watching both Cyborg's last MMA fight and Rousey's last MMA fight.
4/18/14 10:33 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - And there's no way on earth that Cyborg would beat Ronda.

What does Cyborg do in every fight? Rush into clinches and try to muscleslop smaller girls around with no technique

What happened when Ronda fought girls as big and strong as Cyborg? She clinches them and tosses them on their head and armbars them in 20 seconds.

Ronda would obliterate her.

Julia Budd -- and this applies to everyone else Ronda faced in MMA -- is nowhere near as strong as Cyborg.

Cyborg  strikes to stun her opponents, and, then, she goes for clinches.  Let's see Ronda take Cyborg down after she eats three or four bombs to her face.

Oh, and two of Cyborg past three MMA opponents were knocked down within the first 3 seconds in the first round, due to STRIKES. Jennifer Colomb also was knocked down in under a minute.

Let Ronda test her chin against Cyborg...

4/18/14 10:35 PM
Gennady Goblin

"She tripped Budd."

Yes. And where did she do it from?
HINT: It starts with c and ends with linch.

"Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate."

No dude, she's been training judo defense for a whole 2 YEARS!! Don't you get it? Her 2 years training defense are going to cancel out 27 years of training offense. DUH!!
4/18/14 10:38 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

trainhardtwoin - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
MattyECB - 

Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate. Cyborg is just too aggressive to fight Rousey. The only reason why Marloes connen couldn't take advantage was because Marloes coenen is not used to getting below someones hips while initiating the throw. The issue of a white belt. Marloes coenen then almost caught Cyborg in an armbar. You don't want to be found defending Rousey's armbar. Ronda Rousey will have no issues tossing Cyborg or tripping her. That is how I forsee it after watching both Cyborg's last MMA fight and Rousey's last MMA fight.

When did Coenen nearly finished Cyborg with an armbar? I saw many FAILED attempts. Coenen never had Cyborg in any danger.  So, I am curious to know what you are talking about.

In fact, unlike Ronda, Cyborg has never been in danger in any of her MMA fights. Ronda almost was finished by Liz Carmouche, and was stunned by punches from Miesha Tate (twice) and from Sara McMann.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.