UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg not a woman, an 'it'

4/18/14 10:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
trainhardtwoin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
MattyECB - 
trainhardtwoin - lol This site is filled with Ronda Rousey haters.

Cyborg got busted for steroids. Everyone had been saying it for years before she got busted for steroids. "That thing is on steroids." Now all of a sudden Ronda Rousey insults Cyborg for her cheating. Everyone is lashing out for derogatory remarks to someone who has cheated to get where they are. She has a good point. If Cyborg never wanted to be insulted for steroids. She should of never did it. And then try to lie when she was busted. I like Cyborg and I would like to see her continue fighting cleanly. As of right now though... I think Ronda Rousey will beat Cyborg. Cyborg is not that good of a striker shes just very aggressive and overwhelming. All of which helps Ronda Rousey's style. Cyborg hasn't really knocked anyone out regardless of how many times she repeatedly hits someone. So she usually ends up getting in a clinch. She almost got caught in armbar by Marloes coenen. Being put in bad spots by Marloes Coenen tells me she wouldn't last long against Ronda Rousey.

Until we see it we won't know, we also see Ronda eat tons of punches as she transitions to clinch range and she has appeared stunned a few times before. Whether or not Cyborg is getting KOs she punches a fuck ton harder than most of the ppl Ronda has faced and has developped and extremely impressive BJJ game.

I also don't know why in the hell you'd say she's not a good striker, she just managed to go the distance with a pure MT fighter who was virtually the equivalent to Mike Tyson lol Like seriously, I don't care how badly AS would've been beat, if he could've gone the distance with a prime RJJ I'd JMP

I just want this fucking fight to happen already man, this is going to turn into the next GSP-AS and get talked about forever lol

I'd still pick Ronda, but I could absolutely seeing her get leveled by Cyborg or at least knocked down and put into bottom position. I mean hell, I thought Ronda was gonna get subbed in the neck crank against Carmouche and I know she said she was fine, but that was anything, but a good position to be in...

Not that I think that means much, just that you can certainly cherry pick moments from any fighter's career

This is a very good, and reasonable post.

The reasons you cited above are the ones that make me believe Cyborg will win. Some Ronda nuthuggers think that the only chance Cyborg has is one-shot Ronda -- which is pretty stupid, IMO.

It's clear that Ronda can't stand and box. Once she starts to eat punches, she goes to her conformt zone and clinches (see her two fights against Miesha Tate and her fight with Sara McMann). Cyborg doesn't need to k.o. Rousey, just need to put her on the defensive and, then, punish her.

On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she. This is not the case of Cyborg.

For the record, Cyborg has very strong hips and has a very good level of wrestling. She has been training judo defense for over two years now. I can see her suplexing Ronda from the clinch. And, I am no expert, but it seems like a judo move in the video above... 

At 145 lbs., Cyborg would win decisively, IMO. If Cyborg can make 135 lbs. (I don't think she can), I have no idea how the fight will go... she might lose a lot of strength and cardio.

Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate. Cyborg is just too aggressive to fight Rousey. The only reason why Marloes connen couldn't take advantage was because Marloes coenen is not used to getting below someones hips while initiating the throw. The issue of a white belt. Marloes coenen then almost caught Cyborg in an armbar. You don't want to be found defending Rousey's armbar. Ronda Rousey will have no issues tossing Cyborg or tripping her. That is how I forsee it after watching both Cyborg's last MMA fight and Rousey's last MMA fight.
4/18/14 10:33 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gennady Goblin - And there's no way on earth that Cyborg would beat Ronda.

What does Cyborg do in every fight? Rush into clinches and try to muscleslop smaller girls around with no technique

What happened when Ronda fought girls as big and strong as Cyborg? She clinches them and tosses them on their head and armbars them in 20 seconds.

Ronda would obliterate her.

Julia Budd -- and this applies to everyone else Ronda faced in MMA -- is nowhere near as strong as Cyborg.

Cyborg  strikes to stun her opponents, and, then, she goes for clinches.  Let's see Ronda take Cyborg down after she eats three or four bombs to her face.

Oh, and two of Cyborg past three MMA opponents were knocked down within the first 3 seconds in the first round, due to STRIKES. Jennifer Colomb also was knocked down in under a minute.

Let Ronda test her chin against Cyborg...

4/18/14 10:35 PM
Gennady Goblin

"She tripped Budd."

Yes. And where did she do it from?
HINT: It starts with c and ends with linch.

"Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate."

No dude, she's been training judo defense for a whole 2 YEARS!! Don't you get it? Her 2 years training defense are going to cancel out 27 years of training offense. DUH!!
4/18/14 10:38 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trainhardtwoin - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
MattyECB - 

Cyborg got busted for steroids. Everyone had been saying it for years before she got busted for steroids. "That thing is on steroids." Now all of a sudden Ronda Rousey insults Cyborg for her cheating. Everyone is lashing out for derogatory remarks to someone who has cheated to get where they are. She has a good point. If Cyborg never wanted to be insulted for steroids. She should of never did it. And then try to lie when she was busted. I like Cyborg and I would like to see her continue fighting cleanly. As of right now though... I think Ronda Rousey will beat Cyborg. Cyborg is not that good of a striker shes just very aggressive and overwhelming. All of which helps Ronda Rousey's style. Cyborg hasn't really knocked anyone out regardless of how many times she repeatedly hits someone. So she usually ends up getting in a clinch. She almost got caught in armbar by Marloes coenen. Being put in bad spots by Marloes Coenen tells me she wouldn't last long against Ronda Rousey.

Until we see it we won't know, we also see Ronda eat tons of punches as she transitions to clinch range and she has appeared stunned a few times before. Whether or not Cyborg is getting KOs she punches a fuck ton harder than most of the ppl Ronda has faced and has developped and extremely impressive BJJ game.

I also don't know why in the hell you'd say she's not a good striker, she just managed to go the distance with a pure MT fighter who was virtually the equivalent to Mike Tyson lol Like seriously, I don't care how badly AS would've been beat, if he could've gone the distance with a prime RJJ I'd JMP

I just want this fucking fight to happen already man, this is going to turn into the next GSP-AS and get talked about forever lol

I'd still pick Ronda, but I could absolutely seeing her get leveled by Cyborg or at least knocked down and put into bottom position. I mean hell, I thought Ronda was gonna get subbed in the neck crank against Carmouche and I know she said she was fine, but that was anything, but a good position to be in...

Not that I think that means much, just that you can certainly cherry pick moments from any fighter's career

The reasons you cited above are the ones that make me believe Cyborg will win. Some Ronda nuthuggers think that the only chance Cyborg has is one-shot Ronda -- which is pretty stupid, IMO.

It's clear that Ronda can't stand and box. Once she starts to eat punches, she goes to her conformt zone and clinches (see her two fights against Miesha Tate and her fight with Sara McMann). Cyborg doesn't need to k.o. Rousey, just need to put her on the defensive and, then, punish her.

On the other hand, Rousey's clinch has been fantastic against women who are FAR weaker than she. This is not the case of Cyborg.

For the record, Cyborg has very strong hips and has a very good level of wrestling. She has been training judo defense for over two years now. I can see her suplexing Ronda from the clinch. And, I am no expert, but it seems like a judo move in the video above... 

At 145 lbs., Cyborg would win decisively, IMO. If Cyborg can make 135 lbs. (I don't think she can), I have no idea how the fight will go... she might lose a lot of strength and cardio.

Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate. Cyborg is just too aggressive to fight Rousey. The only reason why Marloes connen couldn't take advantage was because Marloes coenen is not used to getting below someones hips while initiating the throw. The issue of a white belt. Marloes coenen then almost caught Cyborg in an armbar. You don't want to be found defending Rousey's armbar. Ronda Rousey will have no issues tossing Cyborg or tripping her. That is how I forsee it after watching both Cyborg's last MMA fight and Rousey's last MMA fight.

When did Coenen nearly finished Cyborg with an armbar? I saw many FAILED attempts. Coenen never had Cyborg in any danger.  So, I am curious to know what you are talking about.

In fact, unlike Ronda, Cyborg has never been in danger in any of her MMA fights. Ronda almost was finished by Liz Carmouche, and was stunned by punches from Miesha Tate (twice) and from Sara McMann.

4/18/14 10:41 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - "She tripped Budd."

"Watching that video I can tell Cyborg is still nowhere near on par with Rousey. It took her too long to register that that sacrifice throw. With Ronda Rousey she would of detected that energy in a moments notice like she did with Miesha tate."

No dude, she's been training judo defense for a whole 2 YEARS!! Don't you get it? Her 2 years training defense are going to cancel out 27 years of training offense. DUH!!

I saw McMann pretty much neutralize Ronda's judo last fight... and Miesha escaped a couple of armbar attempts. None of them train judo for 27 years (nor does Ronda has 27 years of judo... more like 16 years).

You are so biased you say Cyborg's throw (which was fast and perfect) was "sacrifice". 

Again, if Ronda doesn't respond well to Miesha Tate's punches, what will happen when her face meets Cyborg's fists?

4/18/14 10:42 PM
Gennady Goblin

"Julia Budd -- and this applies to everyone else Ronda faced in MMA -- is nowhere near as strong as Cyborg."

If that's true, it's a direct result of Cyborg roiding herself to the gills. Which means she's worthy of praise how.....?

"Oh, and two of Cyborg past three MMA opponents were knocked down within the first 3 seconds in the first round, due to STRIKES."

Yeah against those real world beaters she was facing. Those girls who have such a wonderful pedigree and are so highly ranked and respected.

IIRC the one she was roided to the gills and suspended for a year after, and the other one filled in on like 5 days notice.

The one that Cyborg struggled to finish, as in needed 4 rounds of constant clinching and grappling to wear down, is a girl that Miesha already beat.

Soooo.....not exactly building the strongest case for the roided up cheat who relies on sloppy muscleflopping as her primary technique.

4/18/14 10:44 PM
Gennady Goblin

"I saw McMann pretty much neutralize Ronda's judo last fight"

Oh well if the olympic medalist wrestler who got knocked out in 1 minute was able to stop a takedown, then that surely means that a girl who repeatedly put herself in mount from botching terrible slam attempts will do the same!!!

"Again, if Ronda doesn't respond well to Miesha Tate's punches, what will happen when her face meets Cyborg's fists?"

She'll do the same thing she always does. Eat a couple of them, clinch, trip/toss, armbar. Easy.

4/18/14 10:47 PM
Gennady Goblin

"In fact, unlike Ronda, Cyborg has never been in danger in any of her MMA fights. Ronda almost was finished by Liz Carmouche"

except for the one where Cyborg actually WAS finished. By the dumbest goofy ass double kneebar submission. Against a 125 pounder.

but her Ronda ALMOST was put in danger, kind of, sort of, for about 10 seconds
4/18/14 10:50 PM
trainhardtwoin

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
trainhardtwoin - 
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
MattyECB - 

When did Coenen nearly finished Cyborg with an armbar? I saw many FAILED attempts. Coenen never had Cyborg in any danger.  So, I am curious to know what you are talking about.

In fact, unlike Ronda, Cyborg has never been in danger in any of her MMA fights. Ronda almost was finished by Liz Carmouche, and was stunned by punches from Miesha Tate (twice) and from Sara McMann.

You have to read more carefully. I said "almost caught in armbar"

Ronda has been fighting quality fighters... Cris Cyborg has not. But yet that still hasn't stopped Ronda from finishing just about all her fights in the 1st round. Unlike Cris Cyborg who has gone to decision wins.
4/18/14 10:53 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

What I find hilarious is ONLY RONDA NUTHUGGERS FIND IT JUSTIFIABLE THAT THIS FIGHT DOESN'T HAPPEN (although, somehow, they are convinced that Ronda will magically and single-handedly win).

You guys should be making a case about Ronda fighting a "roided to the gills" Cyborg and beating her up in the cage.

I want to see this fight. A lot of people want to see this fight. 

You guys should be the most vocal for this fight to happen, instead of saying "Ronda is right". Let Ronda punish the cheater... this is the fight we all want to see. 

P.S.: a weakened (135 lbs.) Coenen outstruck and walked through Miesha Tate's punches (and Kaufman's as well). The same Coenen said that Cyborg punched a lot harder than anyone else she fought and that, after being hit the first time, she entered survival mode. So, what's your point again?

4/18/14 10:58 PM
Gennady Goblin

So the best thing you can think of to compliment Cyborg, is that she fought a girl who Miesha Tate finished, and Cyborg hit her hard? LOL what the shit kind of argument is that.

4/18/14 10:59 PM
trainhardtwoin

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Gennady Goblin - "She tripped Budd."

I saw McMann pretty much neutralize Ronda's judo last fight... and Miesha escaped a couple of armbar attempts. None of them train judo for 27 years (nor does Ronda has 27 years of judo... more like 16 years).

You are so biased you say Cyborg's throw (which was fast and perfect) was "sacrifice". 

Again, if Ronda doesn't respond well to Miesha Tate's punches, what will happen when her face meets Cyborg's fists?

McMann neutralized Ronda's Judo? Well shes a silver olympic medalist in wrestling. But in her attempts to becareful of throws she obviously left herself open for Knee's in the process and still lost in the first round very quickly.

I'm sure it's the same with everyone who has met Cyborgs fist... Not get knocked out and clinch up with her. Which in point Cyborg will be in trouble.
4/18/14 11:01 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - "I saw McMann pretty much neutralize Ronda's judo last fight"

Oh well if the olympic medalist wrestler who got knocked out in 1 minute was able to stop a takedown, then that surely means that a girl who repeatedly put herself in mount from botching terrible slam attempts will do the same!!!

"Again, if Ronda doesn't respond well to Miesha Tate's punches, what will happen when her face meets Cyborg's fists?"

She'll do the same thing she always does. Eat a couple of them, clinch, trip/toss, armbar. Easy.

McMann was not knocked OUT. She was knocked DOWN. She stopped several takedown attempts. Pretty much everyone agreed it was an early stoppage.

Tate did stop several takedowns (from the clinch), too... she was caught when she was trying her own takedowns and got them reversed. But Ronda's direct takedown attempts were stopped. Miesha also scored a takedown against Ronda. 

Then again, it's CLEAR you think  Cyborg is an easy fight for Rousey... which, while pretty ignorant, should make you WANT this fight as bad as I want.

So, here we go.

4/18/14 11:02 PM
2mmafreaks

Rousey is so full of herself now she actually thinks she is good looking. Neither are attractive ladies IMO Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 11:03 PM
moss_4h
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan - 

What I find hilarious is ONLY RONDA NUTHUGGERS FIND IT JUSTIFIABLE THAT THIS FIGHT DOESN'T HAPPEN (although, somehow, they are convinced that Ronda will magically and single-handedly win).

You guys should be making a case about Ronda fighting a "roided to the gills" Cyborg and beating her up in the cage.

I want to see this fight. A lot of people want to see this fight. 

You guys should be the most vocal for this fight to happen, instead of saying "Ronda is right". Let Ronda punish the cheater... this is the fight we all want to see. 

P.S.: a weakened (135 lbs.) Coenen outstruck and walked through Miesha Tate's punches (and Kaufman's as well). The same Coenen said that Cyborg punched a lot harder than anyone else she fought and that, after being hit the first time, she entered survival mode. So, what's your point again?

punish the cheater with a title shot? stop it..
4/18/14 11:03 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - "In fact, unlike Ronda, Cyborg has never been in danger in any of her MMA fights. Ronda almost was finished by Liz Carmouche"

except for the one where Cyborg actually WAS finished. By the dumbest goofy ass double kneebar submission. Against a 125 pounder.

but her Ronda ALMOST was put in danger, kind of, sort of, for about 10 seconds

Cyborg was 19 and training martial arts for 6 months. She fought a BJJ blackbelt (who is a 135 lber).  And that was almost ten years ago.  Ronda's fight against a BJJ blue belt was last year! 

Yeah, same scenario ;-).

4/18/14 11:04 PM
ArmourHotdog
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theDude81 - LOL at "an example of what real respect and honor is in the cage,". What does Ronda know about respect and honor? She couldn't even shake Meisha's hand after their fight.
This Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 11:07 PM
Gennady Goblin

"McMann was not knocked OUT. She was knocked DOWN."

And then stopped moving and needed the referee to rescue her. That's called a knockout.

"Cyborg was 19 and training martial arts for 6 months. She fought a BJJ blackbelt (who is a 135 lber). And that was almost ten years ago. Ronda's fight against a BJJ blue belt was last year!

Yeah, same scenario ;-)."

So the story changes from 'Cyborg has never once been in trouble ever' to a boatload of excuses about why she got caught in the dumbest submission ever against a 125 pounder.

Funny how quick that was.
4/18/14 11:12 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - 
So the best thing you can think of to compliment Cyborg, is that she fought a girl who Miesha Tate finished, and Cyborg hit her hard? LOL what the shit kind of argument is that.

My argument is you say Rousey beats Cyborg easy, but you have a gazillion arguments for this fight not to happen, pretty much like Rousey. 

4/18/14 11:13 PM
91W209
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty obvious that Rousey wants nothing to do with Cyborg. Cyborg is still the best female fighter in the world, ufc belt or not. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/14 11:15 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan

Gennady Goblin - "McMann was not knocked OUT. She was knocked DOWN."

And then stopped moving and needed the referee to rescue her. That's called a knockout.

"Cyborg was 19 and training martial arts for 6 months. She fought a BJJ blackbelt (who is a 135 lber). And that was almost ten years ago. Ronda's fight against a BJJ blue belt was last year!

Yeah, same scenario ;-)."

So the story changes from 'Cyborg has never once been in trouble ever' to a boatload of excuses about why she got caught in the dumbest submission ever against a 125 pounder.

Funny how quick that was.

No. That's called a T.K.O.. Cyborg got 11 of those. 

I am wasting my time with you. I am done with this stupid debate. 

4/18/14 11:15 PM
JJLong

91W209 - It's pretty obvious that Rousey wants nothing to do with Cyborg. Cyborg is still the best female fighter in the world, ufc belt or not. Phone Post 3.0

The best fighters in the world don't fail PED tests. That is like saying Josh Barnett was the best heavyweight in the world when he failed his test after winning the UFC Championship.
4/18/14 11:20 PM
Gennady Goblin

"My argument is you say Rousey beats Cyborg easy, but you have a gazillion arguments for this fight not to happen, pretty much like Rousey."

I don't care if the fight happens. It would be a lot of fun to see Cyroid get tossed on her head and finished in a minute, but all it would do is raise her profile and give her a ton of money and the push of the massive hype campaign the UFC would give her pre-fight. I personally don't want to see a blatant cheat rewarded.

"Cyborg is still the best female fighter in the world"

Based on what? She used steroids and missed weight against 125 and 135 pounders. She lost to a goofy ass double kneebar submission. She's had 2 MMA wins in 4 years and the best opponent she's ever fought was finished by Miesha Tate. The number of top 10 opponents she's beat who are naturally her size or higher is exactly 1.

Ronda has beaten top 5 opponents in a higher weight class than her best, is en route to wiping out the entire top 10 of her natural weight class, and is 12-0 in the past 4 years. 11 of those fights were finished in the first round. She also isn't a roided cheat and has never missed weight.

Soooo.....what?

4/18/14 11:21 PM
Gennady Goblin

"No. That's called a T.K.O."

oh is it? sweet. Would you mind explaining what the KO part stands for?
4/18/14 11:22 PM
6ULDV8
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't really disagree with OP.  I have said the exact same thing before.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.