UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg not a woman, an 'it'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/19/14 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellowking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey comes off as a horrible person but i've heard interviews with her when she actually pretty cool, I think thats what irks me she tries too hard to play this role of an outspoken person. When Chael does his thing, it doesn't come off forced. She just comes off whiny

She has one good thing going for her and thats her great judo.

But she even a good ground grappler?? Haven't seen her actually roll with some who wasn't taking it easy on her. I don't think people should call her a great grappler.

4/19/14 10:39 AM
Gennady Goblin

Nobody claims that Carina Damm is the best in the world. She's 21-10 and relegated to fighting scrubs in tiny little brazil shows where nobody is paying attention.

Now if she was signing to fight atomweights at 135, and she was grossly missing weight and beating them by muscleflopping them around with no technique, and everyone was proclaiming her as a P4P #1 worldbeater, sane people would be like "what the hell, why is this bitch getting such hype and praise for beating tiny opponents that she's SUPPOSED to beat?"

and that's what happens with Cyborg

4/19/14 11:08 AM
TOAO

Cyborg would maul rousy and she knows this. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:18 AM
NFABeeJay
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put "talking" aside cause both these women talk out of their ass. They both say dumb shit all the time as do a ton of other fighters.

Let's go by what has actually happened?

Ronda has moved to 135lb and fought/beat everyone at 135lb they have put in front of her.

Cris Cyborg has never made 135lb

Cris Cyborg HAD the chance to compete at 135lb and earn her shot. She requested to be released from the UFC.

As it stands right now Ronda has faced tougher opponents.

Cris Cyborg has tested positive for steroids.

If you want to fight the champion, you must come to where the champion is. The ball is in Cyborgs court. You want that fight? Awesome, come to 135lb and demand it. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:23 AM
fingerbanger
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chubby chick with all the limelights now cant seem to get humbled not soon enough. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:29 AM
NFABeeJay
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fingerbanger - chubby chick with all the limelights now cant seem to get humbled not soon enough. Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:40 AM
QQmoar

Daverr - 
do people actually think cyborg is still on roids.... lol

pretty dumb to think that

and even dumber to keep bringing it up. just say duck, duck, duck... that's all I hear

Why is it dumb to think Someone is still on roids when they previously failed a drug test?... if sports have taught us anything its that people will do anything to get ahead and stay ahead. It's naive to think otherwise.

And as for Rousey saying shed fight Gina at 145 and not Cyborg.... First, she can cherry pick.. shes the 135 champ and has no reason to go to another weight class if she doesnt want to.. second, Gina is a safe, big money fight. Win/lose/draw no one really loses and everyone comes out on top($$$$).. third, fighting cyborg is a harder fight, no one is not claiming that.. but if RR loses at 145 Shes still the 135 champ but you'll have a known PED user toting around saying how she beat the champ.. its bad for branding, bad for the ufc, and bad for the sport in general.. If cyborg wants RR.. get to 135.
4/19/14 11:44 AM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at "becoming an action movie star". Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:10 PM
Shepherd Wong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only it, Ronda, is that thing on your face! Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:28 PM
cross3dout
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg just needs to stfu cut the weight (not die) win a fight and tada! She gets her shot. Until then she's a roided out loud mouth who everyone will forget in due time. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:29 PM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 04/19/14 12:29 PM
Ronda: "I really think with Cyborg taking all of those steroids and hormones and then going into the cage, it's like going in with a weapon. It's certainly very negligent, but it's also criminal. I believe, it really is".

This.

4/19/14 12:30 PM
Dogman

NFABeeJay - Put "talking" aside cause both these women talk out of their ass. They both say dumb shit all the time as do a ton of other fighters.

Ronda has moved to 135lb and fought/beat everyone at 135lb they have put in front of her.

Cris Cyborg HAD the chance to compete at 135lb and earn her shot. She requested to be released from the UFC.

If you want to fight the champion, you must come to where the champion is. The ball is in Cyborgs court. You want that fight? Awesome, come to 135lb and demand it. Phone Post 3.0

You show a little bias with you statement above.You act like they are talking the same amount of shit which is not at all the case. Honda continue SPEWS shit, Cyborg made a couple of comments.
4/19/14 12:38 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey is petrified of Cyborg. This is easily the biggest tuck job in the history of MMA. No other fight matters at all and Ronda won't fight her. It's really pathetic watching all of the Rousey nut huggers try and spin this. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:48 PM
NFABeeJay

Dogman -
NFABeeJay - Put "talking" aside cause both these women talk out of their ass. They both say dumb shit all the time as do a ton of other fighters.

You show a little bias with you statement above.You act like they are talking the same amount of shit which is not at all the case. Honda continue SPEWS shit, Cyborg made a couple of comments.
I've heard quite a bit of shit talking from both. Obviously Hondas is gonna get more "airtime". Don't get me wrong she(Honda) is talking major shit. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:58 PM
Sir Psycho Sexy
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daverr -
do people actually think cyborg is still on roids.... lol

pretty dumb to think that

and even dumber to keep bringing it up. just say duck, duck, duck... that's all I hear
Even dumber to keep saying Ronda is ducking. Especially when it's actually the other way around. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 1:03 PM
Sir Psycho Sexy
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead - Rousey is petrified of Cyborg. This is easily the biggest tuck job in the history of MMA. No other fight matters at all and Ronda won't fight her. It's really pathetic watching all of the Rousey nut huggers try and spin this. Phone Post 3.0
When you say Ronda won't fight her, what do you mean by that? You talk like Ronda can just make the fight happen. Cyborg isn't even in the UFC. She turned down a Zuffa contract. Should Ronda just vacate her 135lb belt and go fight her in Invicta? How is Ronda supposed to make the fight? The UFC can only make it happen. Do you now realise how stupid you sound when you say Ronda won't fight her ? Derrr, that's like saying Johnny Hendricks is ducking Ben Askren. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 1:04 PM
NFABeeJay

Nitsuj9 -
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - Lol at "becoming an action movie star". Phone Post 3.0
That is the funniest part. Phone Post 3.0
Curious to what movie/show you guys have seen her act in before? Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 1:12 PM
JJLong
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead - Rousey is petrified of Cyborg. This is easily the biggest tuck job in the history of MMA. No other fight matters at all and Ronda won't fight her. It's really pathetic watching all of the Rousey nut huggers try and spin this. Phone Post 3.0

Considering how many times Cyborg has flip flopped on the weight issue, it isn't Ronda that who has been avoiding Cyborg.

November 2011, not impossible to make 135: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011-11-22/cyborg-santos-strikeforce-asked-me-about-135/570884/1

August 2012, Impossible to make 135: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/13/3240339/focused-on-comeback-cris-cyborg-wants-ronda-rousey-but-not-at-135

December 2012, she can fight at 135: http://mmajunkie.com/2012/12/cristiane-cyborg-santos-shoots-down-announced-fight-with-rousey/

February 2013, can't fight at 135: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/15/3994302/cris-cyborg-signs-with-invicta-fc-will-make-her-debut-at-invicta-fc-5

February 2014, can drop to 135: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cris-cyborg-dropping-135-pounds-193033503--mma.html
4/19/14 2:24 PM
MrMead
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey said she will not fight her in this interview. Duck duck goose. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 2:28 PM
voodoo child
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir Psycho Sexy - 
MrMead - Rousey is petrified of Cyborg. This is easily the biggest tuck job in the history of MMA. No other fight matters at all and Ronda won't fight her. It's really pathetic watching all of the Rousey nut huggers try and spin this. Phone Post 3.0
When you say Ronda won't fight her, what do you mean by that? You talk like Ronda can just make the fight happen. Cyborg isn't even in the UFC. She turned down a Zuffa contract. Should Ronda just vacate her 135lb belt and go fight her in Invicta? How is Ronda supposed to make the fight? The UFC can only make it happen. Do you now realise how stupid you sound when you say Ronda won't fight her ? Derrr, that's like saying Johnny Hendricks is ducking Ben Askren. Phone Post 3.0

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/cris--cyborg--justino-shows-she-isn-t-a-machine-182052062-mma.html

"She said not long after Zuffa, the company that owns the UFC, purchased Strikeforce, Zuffa officials approached her and offered her a new contract.

The contract, she said, was for eight fights at 135 pounds. Asked to confirm the offer, UFC spokesman Dave Sholler said the company declined comment on all previous contract talks with Justino.

'They asked me to take eight fights at 135,' she said. Then, as if to emphasize the point, she held up eight fingers and said, "Eight. Maybe a couple [I could make] 135, but eight?'"

Eight fights at bantam weight would probably be a bit much.
4/19/14 2:37 PM
voodoo child
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/14 3:13 PM
I dunno if I can believe that she (Cyborg) took the Winnie strictly for weight loss purposes and not realize it (EDIT-would give her an advantage and-) have permanent effects on her body and that people would definitely notice. That being said she still represents a legitimate threat to Ronda and both her the UFC most likely rather make her go through hell trying to make weight than accommodate her at a catch weight. The problem is that people wanna see this fight. And every interview that both Ronda and Cris give will have the inevitable question of when will they fight each other. To those who say that Cris is no longer relevant in WMMA need to take a long look at MMA blogs to see that not only is she relevant, she's closely followed. Why? Because people wanna see her fight Ronda. If Ronda can accommodate Gina by going up to 145 to make the fight, then she should have no qualms about doing the same for Cris. Anything else looks like hypocrisy.

This has turned into the WMMA version of Pacquiao vs Mayweather.
4/19/14 4:56 PM
mikerobmma
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, I say that I'm voting down the OP and motherfuckers bring the heat on me with vote downs. Lol, the UG's Rousey infatuation is pitiful. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 5:36 PM
Decimated
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - Lol, I say that I'm voting down the OP and motherfuckers bring the heat on me with vote downs. Lol, the UG's Rousey infatuation is pitiful. Phone Post 3.0

I have resolved never fap to Rousey.  Boycott! ("girlcott'?) such activity!  Cyborg is a babe, and not a trash mouth.

She's from the favelas and has better manners than the American with an Olympic, computer developer mom. 

4/19/14 6:10 PM
JerodR
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly Rousey fan or Cyborg fan really doesn't matter. They BOTH need to stop talking about each other because until they are fighting in the same weight class it really doesn't matter. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 6:32 PM
NFABeeJay

JerodR - Honestly Rousey fan or Cyborg fan really doesn't matter. They BOTH need to stop talking about each other because until they are fighting in the same weight class it really doesn't matter. Phone Post 3.0
True dis^^ Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.