UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Made a video from the jungle for the UG, THANKS!

4/19/14 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 5:07 AM

Here is an update from the Mbuti Pygmy (Ituri, Congo Basin Rain) Forest :-) You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for all the support you guys have given me. We completed one of the MANY water wells to come in the forest with the Pygmies :-)

4/19/14 9:57 AM
Barry Soetoro Jr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff, though that beard reminds me of Leopold II.... :)
4/19/14 10:13 AM
XIII
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice update.
4/19/14 10:24 AM
Trick or Truth
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing. Keep it up man! 

4/19/14 10:25 AM
AG_bull
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, where exactly are you again?

Ituri, Congo Basin Rain forest? Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 10:41 AM
Meastt
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's really great to see. Now that I can actually see where the money goes I want to be a part of the next go-round. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 10:49 AM
Oak the Toke
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's nice to see things really starting to shape up as it was looking a little dicey for a bit. Tremendous perseverance from your group and congratulations on the first well. Everyone .must be extremely excited. I know it gives me joy that all those cute little buckaroos will now have a healthy source to drink from. I hope things continue to go well for you and your team. Best wishes Justin. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 10:49 AM
MoomBah
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome. You have my full support! Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 10:51 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome to hear you got it back in one piece and it's working great!

And yeah, that beard is epic.

4/19/14 11:10 AM
Huey freman
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin your the man dude.

Pygmy power!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:18 AM
Ninja Lee
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are doing great, love it! This is a perfect example of the potential of this community right here.

4/19/14 11:26 AM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff!!

#WaterWars Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:18 PM
cheesyfries
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beautiful. So glad we were able to help change lives. Keep fighting the good fight brother! Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:28 PM
UKelevener
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolute inspiration, I was supposed to be going out to Africa to help build schools / homes ect but my dad fell ill Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 12:34 PM
Random Poster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome stuff
4/19/14 12:50 PM
FETT_the geek
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I genuinely love Justin... such a great guy...
4/19/14 12:50 PM
justinthevikingwren
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a post from another thread a few days ago: Connects the dots with the video

What's up UG! I've got a great update for y'all :-)

Last update was basically 3 members of my well drilling team (who are close friends to me) were involved in a crazy accident, their taxi flipped, killed an elderly woman in her 70's, a mob formed to rob and kill them, they fled, went missing, and then bandits came (in eastern Congo). They stole 10,000 dollars of tools, AND the $3,000 water filter the UG donated to me and my team for DEEP remote areas of the rainforest... Good news is we were able to find our guys, SAFE, only a bumped knee of one guy, we contributed to the funeral and family of the woman (sucks, heartaches, but at the same time it wasn't our fault, taxi driver started sliding in mud, tried to regain control, hit a big ditch, flipped the car, and one died [again, sucks] when all could have died). We got ALL of our equipment back... And got ready to go drill wells for my Pygmy family.

So... Here goes the good update! 

We have petitioned, lobbied, and legally aquired 7.5 square kilometers of land, in less than a month we will be able to say the total is 10 square kilometers (2,470 acres) of land for the Pygmies! The land isn't in the name of Fight For The Forgotten, the land is in the name of the Pygmies. It's THEIR land! They are the first citizen's of Congo for sure, and probably all of Africa. Using this point was one key role to explaining to their oppressors they deserve a portion of land to call their own... This helped us get the local government leaders and chiefs to settle on reducing the purchasing price of land SIGNIFICANTLY. Since we didn't want ownership of the land it really helped us in the negotiations, my team were the mediators, fighting for my family to get back a small part of what was stolen from them.  

Here is my hut during a sprinkle this morning after a heavy rain. On a portion of land that is 1 square kilometers (247 acres). This was close to our drilling site. 

(For frat sakes... I'm going to do bulleted points and have photos help tell the story.)

Here is the water source from where the Pygmies were drinking out of YESTERDAY

Here is the water filter in action that the UG sent me, that got stolen, but was recovered! This thing was a life saver!

Here is our drill site, during work, Matt the international director of implementation for Water4.org came to help us in these intense-tough to dig areas. Hiking in over a ton of tools into the forest, dodging roots while digging, fighting through rock layers followed by sticky collapsing zones, etc... and here the Pygmies are rooting us on :-)

The Pygmies were so pumped, thankful, and excited to be on THEIR own land that THEY own that they went out and hunted for us and gave me and my team their kill. A Dyker (not sure if that is spelled right... but it was DELICIOUS!). Basically I've seen these terrific people go from starving slaves, working to feed their slavemasters and get paid in 20 cents worth of food like a couple of bananas, a minnow, some salt, etc... To now GIVING their food away because they are so happy, proud, etc. We still got LOTS of work to do, LOTS of development to do, there is ALOT on the horizon... but their is HOPE! and there HAS been progress :-)

Here I am with one of my favorite dudes on the planet, Bah-john-gee :-)

4/19/14 12:56 PM
justinthevikingwren

Us getting clean water! (We finish the cement work and well pad tomorrow, it stormed and got dark so we couldn't finish). This was at about 6:00 am this morning! The Pygmy Chief is the one pumping the water first :-)

Here we are right before we had to leave this morning at 6:30 am. Matt has to catch a flight back to the USA. In this village there are OVER 150 people who have been set free within the last month. The local government and even the slavemaster tribe chief is on board with this project! It's nuts to me, but amazing, and we are keeping our hands up and chins down. I go back in tomorrow to get ready for the dedication of the well, and... To begin preparing and surveying the land to drill a well for the former slavemaster tribe. Gotta love them too and hopefully bless the cultural mess out of em :-) We got 24 well sites located now... 12 for the Pygmies, and 12 for the former "masters." Keeping the peace. Rewarding the good movements toward healthy community development, and being a benefit and blessing to both sides. So far, their are over 300 people that are on the 10 square kilometers of land, and only two plots of land are being used with 8 square kilometers still open. It will soon be 10 villages on 10 different plots of land and the census of committed communities (both sides in agreement) tally up to 1,400 Pygmies will have land and water of their own, and over 3,000 will have clean water, most for the very first time! End of frat, not checking my spelling, (mods can help with/organize this post if they want) 

To end it...  here is  a grainy but cool shot of us celebrating in the rain with only a few of the Pygmies from this brand new village.

Anyways... Thanks UG for ALL the continued support! 

4/19/14 1:05 PM
justinthevikingwren

Edited: 04/19/14 1:56 PM

The big celebration! Big local chief (guy in a suit) of over 10 villages in the area said, "Today should be the day that puts an end to the mentality of these people being animals. The lovely Mbuti Pygmy people aren't less than human in the slightest!" The local chief, the Pygmy chief, and I cheersed and drank (I chugged) a cup of water from the well

4/19/14 1:09 PM
justinthevikingwren

Cool pictures of our drilling rig (tripod, hand tools, and man-power) in action! 

4/19/14 1:13 PM
justinthevikingwren

4/19/14 1:18 PM
justinthevikingwren

Edited: 04/19/14 1:31 PM

A fun picture...

I never thought I'd say it, but it's better not to have a bathroom sometimes... Take this for example. The rain and muddy roads made us take cover in "the nicest place in town" in one of the villages on our way there. So I had to sleep next to one of the bathroom scenes in the upcoming movie Saw 72. 

I had never been so thankful to see one of these showers I get to build with the Pygmies! This is one of my typical showers out among the Pygmies. 

4/19/14 1:28 PM
justinthevikingwren

FETT_the geek - I genuinely love Justin... such a great guy...

I genuinely love you too bro, even if you are a strange-brew (Canadian) 

:-) 

So blessed to have gotten to hang with you at Frank's fundraiser at Renzo's place. You are a good man brother.

4/19/14 1:36 PM
FETT_DiscipleDojo
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Prismacolor Sensei

Here I am with one of my favorite dudes on the planet, Bah-john-gee :-)

"Whatchu talkin' bout, Justin?"  Seriously, that could be Gary Coleman's Dad. 

Awesome job, brother!

I'm not sure this pic will get the support of PETA though! heh heh

4/19/14 1:37 PM
FETT_DiscipleDojo
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Prismacolor Sensei

And be honest, your Pygmy family hunted that animal with nets made from woven strands of your glorious golden mane, didn't they? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.