UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Apparently, Browne broke his hand &

4/19/14 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/21/14 1:59 AM

Possibly ribs per Dana...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035467-travis-browne-injury-updates-on-ufc-stars-hand-rib-and-return

"There wasn't a whole lot that went right for heavyweight Travis Browne at UFC on Fox 11.

Not only did the contender lose a unanimous decision to Fabricio Werdum, but he could potentially have two injuries to overcome, according to UFC:

Dana: Travis May have suffered a broken rib in first. Definitely broken hand.

— UFC (@ufc) April 20, 2014
Although it's unclear when the injury took place during the fight, it could be an explanation for a poor performance from the 6'7" 31-year-old.

Coming off of a three-fight win streak that included knockout wins over Gabriel Gonzaga, Alistair Overeem and Josh Barnett, Browne was just one win away from claiming a title shot against Cain Velasquez.

Unfortunately for him, a very game Fabricio Werdum turned out to be the one ready to capitalize on the No. 1 contender bout and effectively battered Browne for five rounds. The unanimous decision loss will now not only send Browne back to the drawing board, but also on the road to rehab.

At the rate that Velasquez has been going through challengers, Browne will want to recover quickly. It shouldn't take him very long to get back to the top of the line with a win in his return."
4/19/14 11:51 PM
trok
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this confirmed?
Was it the Knee in the clinch at the 1st round that broke the ribs?
4/19/14 11:53 PM
teamquestnorth
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was briken down physically and mentally by werdum.

That was pure ownage Phone Post 3.0
chilz
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was said in post fight presser, I believe. Phone Post 3.0
brahmabull81
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/14 11:53 PM
Agreed ^^
4/19/14 11:55 PM
chilz

WayneGrow -
teamquestnorth - He was briken down physically and mentally by werdum.

That was pure ownage Phone Post 3.0
Going to have to agree with this. Great fight for Werdum, he looked great. Cains cardio is the difference maker against all these guys. JDS still beats everyone not named Cain. Phone Post 3.0
Yes and yes on both posts. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/14 11:58 PM
StruggleSnuggles
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised Werdum didn't break his hand with how many times he blasted Travis.. That being said I hope Browne recovers quick as he is still a monster in the division that will one day fight for a title.
4/20/14 12:00 AM
cfv
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Via werdum Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:03 AM
trok
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StruggleSnuggles - Surprised Werdum didn't break his hand with how many times he blasted Travis.. That being said I hope Browne recovers quick as he is still a monster in the division that will one day fight for a title.

Indeed! Travis is still a a young gun in MMA. Once he learn to base himself and not to throw just 100% KO bombs he will be the force to reckon. One thing I'm sort of "worried" about is that he's been gettin tagged quite heavily lately (Overeem gave him a hell before he got KO, now Werdum). He can't take that sort of punishement every time. But he will be back, no doubt.
4/20/14 12:04 AM
HH009
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always believed Browne was overrated but was starting to believe I was wrong. The technique he showed tonight was an embarrassment to mma. He telegraphed everything. I was shocked at how bad he looked. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:06 AM
InspireCire
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HH009 - I always believed Browne was overrated but was starting to believe I was wrong. The technique he showed tonight was an embarrassment to mma. He telegraphed everything. I was shocked at how bad he looked. Phone Post 3.0

i agree, browne looked very bad tonight. werdum just purely dominated that fight. that rib break appeared to take a huge toll on brown, sacrificing technique and everything. hope he bounces back strong. as for werdum, despite looking really impressive i don't see that style of fighting doing much for cain

4/20/14 12:11 AM
gabemadrid
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many times did he try to eye poke Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:13 AM
HH009
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspireCire -
HH009 - I always believed Browne was overrated but was starting to believe I was wrong. The technique he showed tonight was an embarrassment to mma. He telegraphed everything. I was shocked at how bad he looked. Phone Post 3.0

i agree, browne looked very bad tonight. werdum just purely dominated that fight. that rib break appeared to take a huge toll on brown, sacrificing technique and everything. hope he bounces back strong. as for werdum, despite looking really impressive i don't see that style of fighting doing much for cain

Cain is just on another level. I don't think there will be a heavyweight challenging him anytime soon. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:15 AM
teamquestnorth
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not going to lie I bought into the browne hype. My better judgement told me not to after the bigfoot fight but I did anyway.

Heres what I take away from this.

Overeem isnt that good. As much as we want to beleieve he is.....hes just not.

Browne did have a good win against barnett but i think the punch or poke in the eye really messed up barnett and he wins that fight 8/10 times.

Again, I bought into the browne hype personally because of the way he took out barnett butvif u factor in the eye poke with the illegal elbows to the head, browne isnt that good Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:20 AM
HandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I could think while watching him eat punches was that he was already getting his excuses ready. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:22 AM
HandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid - How many times did he try to eye poke Phone Post 3.0
I thought this a couple times actually Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:23 AM
Wyatt Derp
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth - Im not going to lie I bought into the browne hype. My better judgement told me not to after the bigfoot fight but I did anyway.

Browne did have a good win against barnett but i think the punch or poke in the eye really messed up barnett and he wins that fight 8/10 times.

Again, I bought into the browne hype personally because of the way he took out barnett butvif u factor in the eye poke with the illegal elbows to the head, browne isnt that good Phone Post 3.0
The Reem was whipping his ass until he blew his wad then brown tagged him. Still thing he hit Barnett with illegal elbows. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:27 AM
gabemadrid
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh -
I thought this a couple times actually Phone Post 3.0
Jon jones tactics. When werdum went down the first time it looked like he touched his eye and looked at the ref like wtf Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:28 AM
gabemadrid

Wyatt Derp -
teamquestnorth - Im not going to lie I bought into the browne hype. My better judgement told me not to after the bigfoot fight but I did anyway.

The Reem was whipping his ass until he blew his wad then brown tagged him. Still thing he hit Barnett with illegal elbows. Phone Post 3.0
Barnett was poked too? I've forgotten and the elbows were illegal if I recall correctly same as gonzaga. It was like 11/13 illegal Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:29 AM
Poindexter
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After all his shit talking he completely underwhelmed. Werdum looked great.
4/20/14 12:30 AM
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And the oblique kick...and the boderline illegal elbows in the 1st. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:31 AM
OCMikey
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it weird that I'm a grown man with bologna nipples? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:42 AM
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those damn Brazilian excuses Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 12:46 AM
Mihow
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow you guys are shitting all over Browne for no damn reason

awesome finishes last 3 fights

now he breaks a hand and a rib and doesn't get finished

or, he doesn't (source?) and gets destroyed, that happens

bitching about legal elbows again
4/20/14 12:57 AM
DoomFarmer

Mihow - wow you guys are shitting all over Browne for no damn reason

awesome finishes last 3 fights

now he breaks a hand and a rib and doesn't get finished

or, he doesn't (source?) and gets destroyed, that happens

bitching about legal elbows again
It's alright, mang. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.